View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 02:11 PM   #6
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: power-gain incentives for being worshipped like a god?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Personally, I'd be inclined to just create a "Worshipped" Power Modifier. If countermeasures are usable by your opposition to cut you off from your worshippers, follow the guidelines from Powers. If said countermeasures basically amount to killing or converting most/all of your worshippers, however, that's probably a +0% - needing to resort to genocide to cut you off is extreme enough not to really count as a Limitation.
For the kind of characters in fiction with that sort of empowerment it is often a plausible angle of attack... or at least not much less plausible than anything else that can actually hurt them.

It might be irrelevant in gameplay depending on the scope of the game, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
At most, you may be able to claim a Duty or Sense of Duty to your worshippers, to stop them from getting wiped out.
Duty means that you've got an obligation that takes screen time on a (stochastically) regular basis. Sense of Duty is self-imposed. And neither of them covers being disempowered if you don't succeed in protecting your power base.