View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 02:43 PM   #760
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

After her dismissal, Pacifica gets to her station and keeps on working. Once the shift ends, she tells Nejora (in private, as they walk to lunch) she suspects people at the higher levels; Pacifica tries bluffing the results of her talk with Vinobi, however ...

Pacifica's fast-talk:
3d6 <= 13
5 + 6 + 4 = 15 ... failure.

Well, to be honest it did not go that well Nejora; however, I urge you to be careful with the officers. Keep it to yourself, my friend. Then she acts as if nothing happened.

Pacifica's acting:
3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 2 = 9 … success.

As the conversation with Zybo moves forward, Pacifica tells him about Vinobi.

Sir, I just attempted to share my concerns about potential Dread-Stormers in the ship with Vinobi. I found my superior was skeptical about my remarks, and I understand it; I was dismissed before sharing my point of view. But if you allow me, I want to share them with you.

She shares her “theory” and gives Zybo the name of a subverted officer to shift his attention away from Daymar’s section and the team's plans. She also tells him Vinobi was interested in knowing if he (Zybo) had more information regarding the Dread-Stormers, a question she left unanswered.

Pacifica's fast-talk:
3d6 <= 13
2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success.

Pacifica told Zybo about her conversation with Vinobi because he (Vinobi) was interested in Zybo’s intel, but seemed skeptical about the possibility of other officers working for LA QUINTA. She spoke to Vinobi in the first place because “she had a feeling something was wrong with them”. Although she did not manage to expose her reasons to Vinobi, she exposes them to Zybo:
  • Day actually said he “is sure about the man he pointed but can’t tell if the others are involved in something”.
  • He also brought information at the right time, when the investigation was reaching a breakthrough point.
  • Someone should be filtering information at the higher ranks, as rumors regarding critical information resulted true (e.g. the depot), such rumors benefit the Dread-Stormers.
Her concerns may imply she doesn’t trust Vinobi, but maybe she was just paving the way, assuming that Vinobi might reach Zybo because of this matter in the near future. But she does say this: “I guess we should check twice”, with an emphasis on the names she gave. Pacifica does not expose she is suspicious of Vinobi, she actually wanted his help, but the facts might affect the perception of things.

Last edited by Hide; 06-30-2021 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Clearing OOC questions.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote