Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Traveller (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=82046)

doulos05 08-05-2011 08:19 AM

Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterJuan (Post 1225470)
@doulous05
I take it your character has the nightmare disad? ;) I guess I'll take it off my First Officer's sheet. Can't have the entire command staff scream at night :P

Lol. Yeah. His disads all lean towards guilt and a 'never again on my watch' attitude.

MisterJuan 08-05-2011 08:33 AM

Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game
 
I was actually going to go a bit along the same way with my officer, but now, that would just seem strange ;) Except that instead of having a "not on my watch" attitude, it's more going to be "I never want to even have a watch anymore" ;)

Which makes me think, what would act would you people consider attrocious enough to merit the worst of reputation? I was thinking about having her (yea, I decided she's a woman) in command of a ship that destroyed a passenger liner full of civilians during the war. Do you all think that would be enough? Too much? Not enough?

I'm looking for the sort of action that would make people see her almost as a war criminal.

doulos05 08-05-2011 08:42 AM

Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterJuan (Post 1225481)
I was actually going to go a bit along the same way with my officer, but now, that would just seem strange ;) Except that instead of having a "not on my watch" attitude, it's more going to be "I never want to even have a watch anymore" ;)

Which makes me think, what would act would you people consider attrocious enough to merit the worst of reputation? I was thinking about having her (yea, I decided she's a woman) in command of a ship that destroyed a passenger liner full of civilians during the war. Do you all think that would be enough? Too much? Not enough?

I'm looking for the sort of action that would make people see her almost as a war criminal.

Passenger liner? or surrendering Medical ship... Fracticide (friendly fire) is also a good way to get marked.

MisterJuan 08-05-2011 08:43 AM

Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by doulos05 (Post 1225485)
Passenger liner? or surrendering Medical ship... Fracticide (friendly fire) is also a good way to get marked.

A medical ship is a damn good idea too. Probably a lower body count, but a lot worst ethically...

doulos05 08-05-2011 09:09 AM

Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterJuan (Post 1225488)
A medical ship is a damn good idea too. Probably a lower body count, but a lot worst ethically...

Bonus points if it's transporting Terran POWs.

MisterJuan 08-05-2011 09:35 AM

Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by doulos05 (Post 1225509)
Bonus points if it's transporting Terran POWs.

For some reason, I find that idea hilarious in an extremely devious way ;)

pup67vargr 08-05-2011 09:58 AM

Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game
 
Please note post 46! WE HAVE A NEW OOC THREAD!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.