Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   GURPS (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules? (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=81144)

Kalzazz 06-30-2011 07:23 PM

Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
I may be hallucinating, but I thought they were rules for called shots like 'A miss by 1 hits X', does anyone remember if these exist, and if so, where they are?

I've tried looking through Campaigns where I thought they were, but either they aren't there, or I just can't seem to find them

Tyneras 06-30-2011 07:29 PM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
IIRC, an attack on the Vitals that misses by 1 hits the Torso. But that's all I can think of.

Stripe 06-30-2011 07:29 PM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
In the basic Set they are on p. 552, the hit location notes.

Ulzgoroth 06-30-2011 07:33 PM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 1203919)
In the basic Set they are on p. 552, the hit location notes.

There may be some similar ones in Martial Arts related to (and found with) the new hit locations in that book.

sir_pudding 06-30-2011 08:08 PM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth (Post 1203921)
There may be some similar ones in Martial Arts related to (and found with) the new hit locations in that book.

Yes. Also in Low-Tech and Tactical Shooting. In other words annoyingly scattered. I think Instant Armor will collate them, at least that's what Dan's been hinting.

Verjigorm 06-30-2011 08:11 PM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
neck misses by 1 hit the torso, as well.

sir_pudding 06-30-2011 08:14 PM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
Shots to the torso or abdomen have a chance of hitting the vitals. Shots to the abdomen have a chance of hitting the groin. Shots to the torso (which is probably actually the abdomen) have a chance of hitting the pelvis. Face chance of nose, jaw, brain. It goes on. There are a lot of them.

Ulzgoroth 06-30-2011 08:37 PM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_pudding (Post 1203946)
Shots to the torso or abdomen have a chance of hitting the vitals. Shots to the abdomen have a chance of hitting the groin. Shots to the torso (which is probably actually the abdomen) have a chance of hitting the pelvis. Face chance of nose, jaw, brain. It goes on. There are a lot of them.

Those aren't 'miss by 1 hits' rules, though they're often reciprocal to such rules.

vierasmarius 06-30-2011 11:02 PM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth (Post 1203962)
Those aren't 'miss by 1 hits' rules, though they're often reciprocal to such rules.

On a related tangent, if you aim at the Vitals but miss by one, hitting the torso, would you then roll for the 1-in-6 chance of hitting the vitals anyways?

jeff_wilson 07-01-2011 12:13 AM

Re: Where to Find 'Miss by 1 hits' Rules?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalzazz (Post 1203915)
I may be hallucinating, but I thought they were rules for called shots like 'A miss by 1 hits X', does anyone remember if these exist, and if so, where they are?

I've tried looking through Campaigns where I thought they were, but either they aren't there, or I just can't seem to find them

IIRC, there was sort of a thing floated in the last days of 3rev to represent grazing shots and impacts on minor extremeties: rolling the exact number needed would blow through at 1 point of damage ber die, while rolling one over (i.e. miss by one) would actually still hit but blow through at 1 point total damage.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.