Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Play By Post (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=172443)

PumpkinLorica 08-11-2021 09:23 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika also learned the spell turn zombie.

vicious Violence 08-11-2021 09:24 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2392125)
I propose Gathika as a Diplomat, she can make it with her high IQ.

Second. I also vote for Gathika. Diplomacy with teeth sounds more fun and interesting.

For Telrith maybe magic against the undead? or stronger better magic missiles?

Hide 08-12-2021 01:20 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Since we are talking about prophetic dreams IC, so I will post Bain’s following actions here:

Bain will work in mapping the journey; he takes a work day in doing so; He will talk to the captain after the job is done, he includes useful information such as the Lizardmen’s location and the (great) path he found in The Caves. Hopefully Bain will learn something new from the captain, or gain a mission.

Rolling after all the modifiers his it is Cartography (14):
Hide: 3D6 → 10(3 +5 +2)… successful!

Then he makes a complimentary soldier roll (12), to report the events to Sergeant Sallow.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(5 +1 +4)… successful!

He also gambles at night, winning $25:
Bain, SL 10: Hide: 3D6 → 9(2 +1 +6).
Gambler, SL 12: Hide: 3D6 → 12(3 +5 +4).

Finally, I would like to know about the reward promised by the villagers we just rescued, and Mendel’s fate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2392161)
Gathika's dream of becoming a peacemaker is crystalizing (...)

You mean the guy from the suicide squad? Good! That’s cool! It also reminds me of GURPS characters with both pacifism and bloodlust. Go ahead with diplomacy!

ericthered 08-12-2021 07:17 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2392186)
For Telrith maybe magic against the undead?

Telrith is an elementalist. He gets spells from the college of earth. That's it. He also has access to certain abilities, such as allies.



Quote:

or stronger better magic missiles?
Magic missiles in gurps don't look like a particularly efficient way to deal ranged damage. Its nice to have if the foes are all up trees though. unfortunately, I didn't realize my best area-effect spell only works outdoors until I wanted to use it.(ironic for an earth mage, I know)



I've been looking at some utility spells, especially earth vision. I've also been looking at ways to increase the amount of FP he has available. There are a few different ways: raising his magery-equivalent to give 1 point spells a base of 15 (that will cost 16 points, I think), raising his ER, and learning recover energy (I think that's 5 points without raising magery).



I eventually want to invest in some military leadership and strategy stuff and some more and stronger allies -- that's really Telrith's end goal: an army of elementals.

ajardoor 08-12-2021 11:27 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Alright, when possible, PM me your updated char sheet, everyone.

Hide 08-12-2021 01:28 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2392269)
Alright, when possible, PM me your updated char sheet, everyone.

Count on it.

vicious Violence 08-12-2021 02:03 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Ajardoor, I will be sending you by pm my new Character Sheet, but basically bought Interrogation and spent 3 points, one point in crossbow and one point in carousing.

PumpkinLorica 08-12-2021 04:52 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika sets out to buy a wagon $ 680, but she buys at a higher price ($ 780).
Merchant 15/15 (success).
Gathika merchant 13/14 (failure).

She will pick it when the next journey begins.

She visits Quartermaster Mosely, to sell him the loot. It includes the blowpipes/darts, the armor of the bandits and the armor of the undead with their swords. It is 10 blowpipes, 9 darts, 22 sets of armor and 6 swords, $ 6,001 (base price).

She also puts the manticore’s sting and its head in.
"COMRADE! This head is a gift for you, to make the shop worthier of a quartermaster".

Merchant 15/13 (success).
Gathika merchant 13/4 (CRITICAL).

Hide 08-12-2021 07:30 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2392269)
Alright, when possible, PM me your updated char sheet, everyone.

Updates have been sent over! Got leadership and lockpicking (at last!) among other stuff.

PumpkinLorica 08-13-2021 01:15 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika kept the bear's head as a gift for the captain. How did things with the quartermaster go?

ericthered 08-13-2021 07:41 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
How much does Telrith owe for this trip's food bill?


EDIT: sent the sheet.



Telrith picked up the spell earth vision but is saving up his points for bigger purchases, like raising his effective magery.


He purchased 2 more doses of paut for $270. He has $2,180 plus whatever he owes for food and whatever his share is from this trip.

ajardoor 08-13-2021 02:12 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2392346)
Gathika kept the bear's head as a gift for the captain. How did things with the quartermaster go?

Selling things depends upon, among other things, your Wealth level. Did you factor that in?

Hide 08-13-2021 02:38 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2392456)
Selling things depends upon, among other things, your Wealth level. Did you factor that in?

I think she refers to her critical success while selling the loot.

PumpkinLorica 08-13-2021 03:39 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2392456)
Selling things depends upon, among other things, your Wealth level. Did you factor that in?

Yes, I want to know if the critical had a special effect (о´∀`о)

ajardoor 08-14-2021 02:37 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Well, you instantly win the contest, but I don't think there is any extra special benefit beyond that?

Hide 08-14-2021 02:51 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2392384)
How much does Telrith owe for this trip's food bill?(...)

Nothing, that was included in what you paid to Gathika. We must buy provisions,
keep $ 400 for this matter. I will get the item list soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2392533)
Well, you instantly win the contest, but I don't think there is any extra special benefit beyond that?

Really? I guess Gathika will take that Manticore head back, hahaha. What about the Manticore sting she included?

ajardoor 08-14-2021 02:40 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2392535)
Really? I guess Gathika will take that Manticore head back, hahaha. What about the Manticore sting she included?

Someone can try extracting the poison from it, I guess, but that would require specialist skills that none of you have, IIRC.

PumpkinLorica 08-14-2021 03:24 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Hi! I am a bit confused, I thought critical meant “very good things happen”.

The starting wealth of Gathika is average.

With a normal result, I read loot yields 60% of its value, but maybe with a critical it yields 80% (it does not say anything about it, so I asked how things went with the quartermaster).

On the other hand, I intended to sell the manticore sting to the quartermaster, not the poison. I think the whole thing is a valuable item. I believe manticores are very exotic and dangerous to consider the sting a normal thing. The only detail is I don’t have its price.

I also thought quartermaster would react positively with the exotic gift, and combined with the critical I expected him to buy things at 100% value ($ 6000) plus the manticore sting.

But that is my supposition and I am still confused.

I want to give the party their money.
Please help me with three things:

Confirmation of the loot % yield.
Price of the manticore sting.
If gifting exotic monster heads is worth something.

░▒▓█▇▅▂∩(・ω・)∩▂▅▇█▓▒▒

Gathika can be a good kitty, but I should to know to what extent.

ajardoor 08-15-2021 12:14 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2392583)
Hi! I am a bit confused, I thought critical meant “very good things happen”.

The starting wealth of Gathika is average.

With a normal result, I read loot yields 60% of its value, but maybe with a critical it yields 80% (it does not say anything about it, so I asked how things went with the quartermaster).

On the other hand, I intended to sell the manticore sting to the quartermaster, not the poison. I think the whole thing is a valuable item. I believe manticores are very exotic and dangerous to consider the sting a normal thing. The only detail is I don’t have its price.

I also thought quartermaster would react positively with the exotic gift, and combined with the critical I expected him to buy things at 100% value ($ 6000) plus the manticore sting.

But that is my supposition and I am still confused.

I want to give the party their money.
Please help me with three things:

Confirmation of the loot % yield.
Price of the manticore sting.
If gifting exotic monster heads is worth something.

Okay, you get $6000 and an extra $500 for the stuff sold.

PumpkinLorica 08-15-2021 12:18 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2392634)
Okay, you get $6000 and an extra $500 for the stuff sold.

Thank you (*´꒳`*)/

Hide 08-15-2021 08:50 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain will upgrade his armor with deflect and include his new items and coin left; I am sending the updated character sheet via PM.

PumpkinLorica 08-15-2021 09:02 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika recharges 9 power item FP, and pays 45.

ajardoor 08-16-2021 12:42 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Alright, after your shopping is done, what is the next move for the party? Back to the Caves? Business in town? Attending the dinner?

Hide 08-16-2021 12:53 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
The party is ready for the dinner; who would miss a ball in honor to the heroes? Then we are going to the caves, after the locked door and the girl with the undead. And perhaps to raid the lizardmen.

ajardoor 08-16-2021 04:41 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Okay, who has the highest Savoir-Faire (High Society) skill?
Roll it, but at -1 per party member who does not have any points in the skill.
Carousing complements the roll as a secondary skill.

This determines how well the party comports themselves at the ball, and thus how much the upper crust want to extend opportunities to them.

Anyone with Dancing, Singing or Performance can roll that skill to make extra friends at the ball.

ericthered 08-16-2021 07:25 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Is that even on any DF templates?



Telrith has IQ 13, giving him an effective skill of... 9. Anyone got a better default? Or the skill properly?



He has a bunch of unspent points: does he have time to study up before the dinner in hopes of not making a complete fool of himself? His goal is to command an army of elementals, so he is hoping to eventually run with this crowd...

PumpkinLorica 08-16-2021 10:30 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Just buy it at 15 ٩( 'ω' )و

PumpkinLorica 08-16-2021 03:00 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika rolls diplomacy 12/12 to deal with faux de pas.

vicious Violence 08-16-2021 03:17 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2392797)
Is that even on any DF templates?



Telrith has IQ 13, giving him an effective skill of... 9. Anyone got a better default? Or the skill properly?



He has a bunch of unspent points: does he have time to study up before the dinner in hopes of not making a complete fool of himself? His goal is to command an army of elementals, so he is hoping to eventually run with this crowd...

I suggest buying dancing, it doesn't seem to require that many points. And maybe the Elementals can learn a routine and make us more friends.

Hide 08-16-2021 04:41 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Aha! I guess no one’s got the skill. All Bain can do is run this as a mission (figuratively).

As we stated before, Bain is wary of the event…

He makes a plan:

First, just the three of his friends assist the ball at the beginning.
This will also reduce diplomats’ penalties.

In the meantime, Bain camouflages (16) 15 and observes (13) 10 the people.
He is looking for menaces.

Provided everything is OK, Bain arrives after his friends leave. He steps-in relying on his good reaction modifiers (+5) and the festive mood. His default savoir-faire is (6) 5!

Bain will address the captain, probably Sergeant Sallow is there; he will ask Sallow to introduce him to the Captain... and the Captain may introduce Bain to the other important fellows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2392797)
(...) Telrith has IQ 13 (...) He has a bunch of unspent points (...)

Well, why not buy the skill?

ajardoor 08-16-2021 06:44 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2392797)
Is that even on any DF templates?.

Yes, the Bard is the prime example.

And the party does navigate the black tie affair with grace.

PumpkinLorica 08-16-2021 09:01 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
For the toast Gathika gives people her “blessings” with diplomacy 12/8

ajardoor 08-17-2021 12:50 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
It's a Public Speaking roll, not a Diplomacy roll.

Hide 08-17-2021 12:53 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Interesting facts about the Keep, how old is it?
About 50 years?

How did the cultists arrive?

Where are the orcs now? How old was their original settlement?
I think it is strange we haven't seen them, yet.

Did we receive special requests?
Are the villagers we rescued from the high society?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2392897)
(...) ٩( 'ω' )و

Hahahah, smiling and waving!

ericthered 08-17-2021 08:08 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Who are the most important people there? the "leaders" of the keep?

PumpkinLorica 08-17-2021 08:11 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Oww I just wanted to look good (ミዋ ﻌ ዋミ)ノ, no need to make the party wait with my musings. I am ok with normal words.

But if you give us +1 because we are heroes, then my roll is successful at default /ᐠ。▿。ᐟ\

vicious Violence 08-17-2021 08:51 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
What's next for our jolly band of socially well adjusted (not Vic) friends?

ajardoor 08-18-2021 01:22 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2392925)
Interesting facts about the Keep, how old is it?
About 50 years?

How did the cultists arrive?

Where are the orcs now? How old was their original settlement?
I think it is strange we haven't seen them, yet.

Did we receive special requests?
Are the villagers we rescued from the high society?

The Keep is 50 years old.
It is presumed the cult journeyed from the south, after church crusades exposed and destroyed their kind 80 years ago.
The orcs have been pushed back, north of Hell's Throat and into the mountains. Their original settlement was probably about 200 years old.
Well, the Keep authorities would like you to wipe out any demon cults in the Caves, if there are any.
The rescued people are mostly middle class, but well-liked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2392948)
Who are the most important people there? the "leaders" of the keep?

The Keep Prefect Wolfgang Gull, the Vice Perfect and Battle Captain Henry Hali, 3 other Battle Captains, 3 administrators, Lord Daniel Heinrich (local baron), a jeweler, a sage and a high priest.

PumpkinLorica 08-18-2021 10:04 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
What is next?

ericthered 08-19-2021 07:20 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith would like to take out the sorcerer chick behind the impressive door.



He'd also be happy finding more cultists armed with expensive weapons.

vicious Violence 08-19-2021 03:06 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic rolled detect lies on the sage's statements. Wary that it might be a cultist trap.

Also I agree we need to take out the sorceress. (not to dinner)

Hide 08-19-2021 03:12 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
If required, Bain takes a soldier roll to camp (12) 11 in the wilderness or city outskirts; he spent his money in the gear; he will be OK for the week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2393213)
(...) Also I agree we need to take out the sorceress. (not do dinner)

Hahaha, right. You can bring food.
I thought she was a thaumatologist.

vicious Violence 08-19-2021 03:27 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic rolls survival for camping with Bain, and barely succeeds 15/15.

ajardoor 08-19-2021 09:05 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2393216)
If required, Bain takes a soldier roll to camp (12) 11 in the wilderness or city outskirts; he spent his money in the gear; he will be OK for the week.

Nope, Soldier is not the right skill...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2393218)
Vic rolls survival for camping with Bain, and barely succeeds 15/15.

...Survival is. Neither Bain nor Vic need rations for the night, Vic forages in the wild.

Before the night is over, does anyone else have anything to declare?

PumpkinLorica 08-19-2021 10:00 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika will stay with the party and casts watchdog 14/13 with 9 FP, then she rests.

ericthered 08-20-2021 07:47 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2393213)
Also I agree we need to take out the sorceress. (not to dinner)

Now I want to capture her alive... Does petrifying her count?


Telrith builds the nightly fort with no bad castings.


Todays elementals are Mudron, an earth servant, along with two axe stones: Flintwheel and Streaks.

Hide 08-20-2021 02:47 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain will also do camouflage 17/10 and take a vantage point, just in case.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2393294)
Now I want to capture her alive (...)

Hahahah.

Hide 08-21-2021 03:23 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2393393)
(...) The party wakes up to a few strange noises off in the distance (...)

Bain takes advantage of his position and rolls observation 13 (13) to check the surroundings (he's still camouflaged).

ajardoor 08-21-2021 06:27 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain spots a slight distortion in the air about 2 yards away from his camp. But it quickly fades away, into nothingness.

ericthered 08-21-2021 12:41 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Is this while telrith is sleeping in a nice bed he paid for or going back to the caves?

Hide 08-21-2021 03:55 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain spends the entire morning checking the sage's map (Cartography, 14:13) and updating his own map with its information; he pays attention to the following:

Where treasure located?
Are there annotations about threats or other special indications hinting hotspots? (such as symbols or drawings of lizardmen, cyclops, orcs, seductive winged women, elder things, cringe jokes (advice), dragons, better paths, other dungeons, etc.)

He also wants to pinpoint treasure located in the route the party has been following.

On the other hand, he tells his friends about the portal, quietly but ASAP; he did not find anything special besides the very fact of its momentary existence. But perhaps one of the mages in the party can check for residual magic.

Bain also checks the place for tracks (tracking, 12:11), then he works with the map.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2393449)
Is this while telrith is sleeping in a nice bed he paid for or going back to the caves?

Taking what you just said into account, this happened while you were at the inn. Vicious, Gathika and Bain slept in the wilderness; do not we haven't left town, just saving coin.

They will meet with you at the inn, most likely.

ajardoor 08-21-2021 09:06 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2393501)
Bain spends the entire morning checking the sage's map (Cartography, 14:13) and updating his own map with its information; he pays attention to the following:

Where treasure located?
Are there annotations about threats or other special indications hinting hotspots? (such as symbols or drawings of lizardmen, cyclops, orcs, seductive winged women, elder things, cringe jokes (advice), dragons, better paths, other dungeons, etc.)

He also wants to pinpoint treasure located in the route the party has been following.

Bain also checks the place for tracks (tracking, 12:11), then he works with the map.

The treasure is located on a very small mountain top that is five days of hiking away from the Keep.
The map warns of strange demons infesting the mountains.
You mean mark on your map where you found treasure already?
There are no tracks around.

Hide 08-21-2021 09:12 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Thanks, in what direction are the mountains with treasure?
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2393528)
(...) You mean mark on your map where you found treasure already? There are no tracks around.

I meant signs of treasure within the Caves of Mercy or along the way to the Caves.

PumpkinLorica 08-22-2021 01:18 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2393529)
<SNIP>(OC: I've been treating Telrith as having cast his spells on the camp outside before going back to his room. So no earth fort in the inn, just outside.)

Not to polemicize but to make things clear character wise:

If Telrith didn’t want to stick with the party, I would rather believe he didn’t do anything or that he built the fort in his room or outside the lodge (it’s what I conceived after ericthered said Telrith was away all the night).

There were other chances of helping the party that night, Gathika would’ve insisted in not bothering Telrith with the fort, “you are too generous COMRADE TELRITH, but save your FP, THANK YOU and watch yourself ( ^ω^ )”.

We just left a ball we were skeptical about. Makes no sense playing with the wagon or have Telrith walking alone at midnight from the outside the keep all the way to the lodge. We were at the inner bailey, Telrith stayed at the lodge inside town. We slept outside the town. Common sense is we gave him a ride in the wagon before camping.

ajardoor 08-22-2021 05:37 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2393531)
Thanks, in what direction are the mountains with treasure?
I meant signs of treasure within the Caves of Mercy or along the way to the Caves.

The mountains are north from the Keep.

The treasure is not at the Caves. The route to the treasure is not on the way to the Caves.

Hide 08-22-2021 05:56 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Seeing the group's interests, I suggest we get going to the caves and deal with the things beyond the door. Then we could take a shot at doing Drake's job (going for treasure).

While his friends talk things out, Bain takes his time to check whether the party will need anything else to get going, he makes an inventory check and navigation check with Soldier (12+1) 13 and Navigation (14+1) 15; if nothing special arises, the group may start tripping right away.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2393548)
The mountains are north from the Keep.

The treasure is not at the Caves. The route to the treasure is not on the way to the Caves.

Thanks! Can you remind me the direction of the Caves (from the Keep)?

PumpkinLorica 08-22-2021 10:06 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika rolls occultism or thaumatology (same level) to recall useful information about portals as described by Bain (but fails 14/15). She then goes meet the sage, she tells him of the portal and asks him if he has heard of such portals.

ajardoor 08-22-2021 10:13 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2393585)
While his friends talk things out, Bain takes his time to check whether the party will need anything else to get going, he makes an inventory check and navigation check with Soldier (12+1) 13 and Navigation (14+1) 15; if nothing special arises, the group may start tripping right away.

Thanks! Can you remind me the direction of the Caves (from the Keep)?

Going into the mountains may require climbing gear.
The Caves are north-east of the Keep, two days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2393600)
Gathika rolls occultism or thaumatology (same level) to recall useful information about portals as described by Bain (but fails 14/15). She then goes meet the sage, she tells him of the portal and asks him if he has heard of such portals.

Gathika is not allowed to see the sage. Access to the upper bailey is restricted. Come back later.

Hide 08-23-2021 03:35 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Thank you Ajardoor, taking note of it.

For the matter of hitting the road, Bain supports his team with observation (13) 10, stealth (14) 11 and camouflage (17) 11.

vicious Violence 08-23-2021 08:41 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic uses riding sl 11/rolled11 to move the horses/wagon. He will use survival sl 15/rolled 11 to set up the camp/forage for food at night.

ajardoor 08-23-2021 09:41 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2393690)
Vic uses riding sl 11/rolled11 to move the horses/wagon. He will use survival sl 15/rolled 11 to set up the camp/forage for food at night.

Yup. Less rations needed for you, the journey is not slowed down...

Hide 08-23-2021 09:47 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain makes the following:

Observation (13) 8.
Traps (12-1) 10.
Camouflage (traps) (12) 5.
Camouflage (17) 7.

He takes a vantage point at 6 yards of height and 4 yards of distance from the campfire.

PumpkinLorica 08-24-2021 01:03 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika casts continual Light SL 14 on 4 items.
This takes her 1 hour and a half.
Everything succeeds: 13, 12, 10, 8.
Each light will last (days): 7, 10, 6, & 9.

She dines and when she recharges, she casts watchdog 14/12 with 9-yard radius.

vicious Violence 08-25-2021 12:32 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic uses naturalist and rolls a critical success (4) for finding the plant or root responsible for the poisonous darts before sundown. and rolls a 7 for survival for finding other animals/people that might attract enemies nearby.

ajardoor 08-25-2021 10:21 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Random encounter!

20 giant flying insects.
SM+0, Dodge 10, DR 2, HT 11, High Pain Threshold.

First turn; Move 12, flying above you means -2 to hit them. 3 yards away now.

PumpkinLorica 08-25-2021 11:51 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika makes all out defense determined.

Hide 08-26-2021 12:00 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain delivers an AOA determined, and with a DWA strikes two creatures:

The first, arrow makes it to its target:
Bow 14 (15+3+1-2-3: DWA, acc, AOA, range, vitals): Success!
Hide: 3D6 → 7(2 +2 +3)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP*3
Hide: 2D6 → 7(3 +4)

Injury: Up to 33 HP.

The second arrow is out as well:
Successful fast-Draw (14+1) 15 & Ready (14+1-1) 14.

Bow 13 (15+3+1-2-3-1: DWA, acc, AOA, range, vitals, quick-shooting): Success!
Hide: 3D6 → 12(3 +4 +5)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP*3
Hide: 2D6 → 6(3 +3)

Injury: Up to 30 HP.

ajardoor 08-26-2021 02:36 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Did you remember to roll Dodge 10 for the monsters, Bain?

ericthered 08-26-2021 07:59 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
How close together are they? How large radius of a spell would Telrith need to hit them all?

Hide 08-26-2021 09:11 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2393954)
Did you remember to roll Dodge 10 for the monsters, Bain?

I am aware of their dodge score, but Bain is camouflaged.

ajardoor 08-26-2021 11:45 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2393987)
How close together are they? How large radius of a spell would Telrith need to hit them all?

Most of them are right next to at least four to six others. Hitting them all would require a radius of 3 yards.

ericthered 08-26-2021 12:29 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Damage done to the ants is as follows:



Quote:

4; 3; 3; 1; 3; 4; 0; 4; 3; 7; 0; 8; 4; 3; 6; 6; 2; 2
which when sorted becomes
Quote:

8; 7; 6; 6; 4; 4; 4; 4; 3; 3; 3; 3; 3; 2; 2; 1; 0; 0;
This accounts for their armor.

One of the ants who took a major wound failed the knockdown roll. (the second six, I believe)

The High Pain Threshold on the ants is looking really unfortunate right now.


EDIT: do ants starting their turn in the rain of stones take damage, or at least half damage?
-- which is to say the rain is ongoing rather than a one second spell

ajardoor 08-26-2021 11:20 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Full damage if they spend the full turn in the spell, half damage if they merely begin the turn and move out.

ericthered 08-27-2021 08:11 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Rolled the damage against the ants.

total damage in rolled order is:

Quote:

4; 5; 3; 1; 6; 7; 2; 4; 3; 7; 0; 8; 5; 6; 6; 5; 5;
Plus the stunned ant at -1 HP. As she is getting pelted by rocks right now, I think its safe to count her out right now.

The counts of ants at each hit total:
Quote:

8x1 7x2 6x3 5x4 4x2 3x2 2,1,0
the ants with 7 or more damage have halved dodge and move.

Telrith failed a hazardous materials (magical) roll for combat advice about the gunk the ants are melting into.

Its not Telrith's turn yet, so no further actions.

vicious Violence 08-27-2021 10:06 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic performs his almost never seen STOP/HIT tactic. The monster rolls 10 for attack and Vic rolls 9, (skill level 16, 7 margin), if the margin is larger for Vic, the damage would be as follows.
Enemy rolled 12 for dodge (fail, 10 to succeed)
Rolled 9+5 (imp)=14 – 2 DR= 12 *2 (imp)=24 total damage
For this turn he will continue with STOP/HIT and will defend with parry/dodge accordingly.

ajardoor 08-27-2021 05:32 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Yup, Vic kills the giant insect.
The dead enemy dissolves into acid. Vic's will need to get out of his current hex, or take 1d corrosive damage by the end of his next turn. (Half the damage if he leaves the hex by the end of his turn, since he begins it there.)

Bain, you're on.

Hide 08-27-2021 05:36 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Alrighty, preparing the attack!

Hide 08-28-2021 12:27 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain will deliver an AOA double combined with a DWA. He attacks two of the remaining flying ants (I understand about half of them are still flying), making sure the acid doesn’t fall on his friends. Then he will shoot the nearest ant in the ground, opening room for his friends to make their stand.

The attacks deal 24, 20 and 30 HP of IMP damage.

Fast-Draw (14) 11 & Ready (14) 6, successful.
Bow 14 (15+3-3-1: DWA, Acc, Range, Quick-shooting), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 14(5 +4 +5)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) *2 IMP.
Hide: 2D6 → 9(3 +6)
Injury: 24 HP, after DR.

Fast-Draw (14) 3! & Ready (14) 8, successful.
Bow 14 (15+3-3-1: DWA, Acc, Range, Quick-shooting), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 11(4 +5 +2)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) *2 IMP.
Hide: 2D6 → 7(1 +6)
Injury: 20 HP, after DR.

Fast-Draw (13) 6 & Ready (14) 11, successful.
Bow 14 (15+3-3-1: Bow, Acc, Vitals, Quick-shooting), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 12(5 +2 +5)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) *3 IMP.
Hide: 2D6 → 7(1 +6)
Injury: 30 HP, after DR.

ajardoor 08-28-2021 06:09 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
The exploding bug deals 5 injury to three ants.
The rest have sufficient DR to weather the blast.
The PCs are far enough away to avoid the shockwave.

ericthered 08-28-2021 07:56 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
5 is the threshold for a major wound! they each roll HT... and one fails, being stunned!


All the bugs were damaged except 1 before that, and only two bugs had little enough damage that they aren't now at half move and dodge, with over half of them being now below 0.



Which previously damaged bugs went down, and which ones did Bain shoot? I can roll randomly to determine if we want...


If that's accepted, the new damage totals are:



Quote:

4; 5; 3; 1; -1; 7; 2; 9; 8; 7; 8; 6; 5; 5;

One bug went negative, and two more are in half move/dodge territory


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.