Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   GURPS (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Terraformed Mars Maps and Globes (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=60507)

nerdvana 07-13-2009 10:43 AM

Terraformed Mars Maps and Globes

Has anyone done any work with the map of Mars from GURPS: Mars p77 perhaps colorizing and/or making a globe of it?

Humabout 07-13-2009 04:28 PM

Re: Terraformed Mars Maps and Globes

I don't remember where I got this, but here's one of Mars. I also found one of Venus if you need it.

Re-read your question and realized I didn't answer it at all. I've never seen or used GURPS: Mars. Sorry.

Ragitsu 07-13-2009 04:30 PM

Is this like part of Cyrano?

robkelk 07-13-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragitsu (Post 819168)
Is this like part of Cyrano?

No. "Cytherean" is the pedant's adjective for "having to do with the planet Venus". (See this Wikipedia article for the reason why.)

Agemegos 07-13-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robkelk (Post 819205)
No. "Cytherean" is the pedant's adjective for "having to do with the planet Venus". (See this Wikipedia article for the reason why.)

Also, "Cyrano" is a parallel universe in Infinite Worlds in which Mars and Venus are habitable.

StevenH 07-13-2009 08:11 PM

Here are two resources:
Mars
Venus

There are other interesting worlds as well; this is a good site for those who enjoy worldbuilding.
Main Planetocopia site

Some of the alternate Earths are very interesting, and are worth taking a look at, for those that are interested in how geology and landforms effect climate, and vice versa.

These aren't the maps from GURPS:Mars, but that shouldn't matter much....

RyanW 07-13-2009 08:26 PM

There is Constantine Thomas' THS pages, with maps of Mars based on more up to date altitude information.

LoneWolf23k 07-13-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenH (Post 819250)
Here are two resources:
Mars
Venus

There are other interesting worlds as well; this is a good site for those who enjoy worldbuilding.
Main Planetocopia site

Some of the alternate Earths are very interesting, and are worth taking a look at, for those that are interested in how geology and landforms effect climate, and vice versa.

These aren't the maps from GURPS:Mars, but that shouldn't matter much....

Wow. That was an awesome site. A lot of those "Tilt" maps would make for great IW entries..

Exeter 07-14-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robkelk (Post 819205)

You, sir, get my thanks for teaching me something utterly unexpected and neat today.

nick012000 07-14-2009 04:36 AM

This might help.