Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Warehouse 23 Digital (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=166780)

Refplace 12-20-2019 03:31 PM

The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
In the glorious tradition of digital speculation welcome to the 12th annual w23 Digital releases and speculation thread!
This series of threads was started by SCAR for 2009, Jalapeno Dude for 2010, 2011, 2012, Ghostdancer for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, Refplace 2017, 2018, 2019
Some Digital RPG indexes include the Pyramid Volume 3 Index by RogerBW and the Pyramid Magic Issues Index by Refplace, the Official GURPS Book list and the InNomine page
Guesses for the release day are in Green text.
POD on CreateSpace: Full Page listing all the GURPS Pod books
The CreateSpace option is another venue and makes some out of print physical copies available to us again. It is a new feature started at the end of 2016 and seems to be expanding nicely.
And what we all hope will lead to more exposure for GURPS some books are now available on Drivethrough RPG

Also checkout the Gift option now available!
This year I expect to see several TFT releases so its getting a counter at the bottom of the main post, along with the GURPS line.
Third Party licencing is set up for TFT and Douglas Cole at Gaming Ballistic though they and Kickstarter projects tend to confuse this thread as hey dont follow the regular process and are often published elsewhere before coming to W23 as digital product.


Items in Seagreen below are speculated to release on that date.

Refplace 12-20-2019 03:31 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
The calendar section
Jan 2 GURPS Classic: Supporting Cast
Jan 9
Jan 16 Several (not kidding, SEVERAL) Gaming Ballistics products are now available on W23 so you can keep them in your virtual drive to recover from compute crashes!
Jan 23 GURPS Vehicles: Transports of Fantasy
Jan 30
Feb 6 GURPS Car Warriors A Classic from Third Edition.
Feb 13
Feb 20 GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting: Cold Shard Mountains
Feb 27 POD release GURPS Cabal
March 5
March 12
March 19 Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2 and The Fantasy Trip: Melee (Free PDF)
March 26 TFT O is for Octopus free coloring book
April 2
April 9 GURPS Classic Horseclans and GURPS Classic Time Travel Dungeon Fantasy Companion and Autoduel Tales the Fiction of Car Wars,and just in case that was not enough another free coloring book this one Munchkin Alphabet Coloring Book
April 10 GURPS Deadlands series series released on PDF (Third Edition licensed setting)
April 12 On Demand page updated
May 22 Dungeon Fantasy Dungeon Planner
May 28 GURPS Classic Terradyne classic reprints continue as SJG work around the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions.
July 23 GURPS Magic: The Least of Spells The Discussion Thread
July 30 The Red Crypt The Discussion thread
Aug 27 GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Career Guide
Oct 02 GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 2: The Room
Nov 25th GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 3: The Carnival of Madness
Dec 3 Release of another classic GURPS Goblins
Dec 22 GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Treasures 4: Mixed Blessings released on an off day due to holidays.

Refplace 12-20-2019 03:32 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Distributed via Kickstarter, PoD or Third Party

Published

Refplace 12-20-2019 03:32 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Indexing/Proofing/Prepress Checking

Art/Layout

Editing
  • TFT adventure item (by Unknown author): in editing. (Total hints: 1 as of Jan 01 2019)
  • TFT adventure item (by Unknown): In editing. (Total hints: 1 as of Jan 01 2019)

Refplace 12-20-2019 03:33 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Final Draft

Playtesting/Peer Review/Staff Review

First Draft

Refplace 12-20-2019 03:34 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Entered the Pipeline/Outline

Refplace 12-20-2019 06:27 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
On Indefinite Hold/Rumor/Unknown/Vaporware

That's 24 possible future releases that have been discussed thus far (this does not include entries under the on indefinite hold/rumor/vaporware heading).

DouglasCole 12-20-2019 07:24 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
A few notes about the GB items...
  • Citadel at Nordvorn and DF item Dungeon Grappling (Fantastic Dungeon Grappling) both shipped a while ago.
  • Nordlondr Folk and Hand of Asgard prepress file shipped in Dec 2019, final files due in Feb 2020.
  • Forest's End (96 page setting/adventure) is in Art/Layout and will go to print in Feb 2020
  • Dragons of Rosgarth is in editing, will go to print Feb 2020 as well.
  • Hand, Folk, Rosgarth, and Forest's End are all available through pre-order on Backerkit; this will last until the print order gets placed.
  • TFT Adventure Group 1 finished fulfillment in December 2019.
  • TFT Adventure Group 2 expected to hit crowdfunding in late Q1-2020. This pushes out the dates from the "pipeline" section by quite a bit, but is realistic.
  • Nordlondr Bestiary is a late 2020 item (second half of 2020 I imagine).
  • Short Nordlond-based supplement 1 is in discussion with author
  • Short Nordlond-based supplement 2 is in planning to be written by Doug

That should do it!

Refplace 12-20-2019 07:50 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasCole (Post 2301121)
A few notes about the GB items...

That should do it!

Well that answers that email question :)

Christopher R. Rice 12-25-2019 04:24 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Looking good. :-)

adm 12-25-2019 04:56 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Refplace;

Thank you for all the great work you do on this thread.

Refplace 12-25-2019 09:40 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by adm (Post 2301710)
Refplace;

Thank you for all the great work you do on this thread.

Thank you! I'm not the first, nor will I be the last but comments like this offset the discouragement when weeks or more go buy with no comments and speculation. Sometimes it seems it used to be more popular.
I want to thank Roger B.W. as well, few know how helpful he has been to me and previous thread runners. He runs a script that handles all the formatting, all I have to do is find the rumors and enter them into the page (topic, date, url) and then press a button to get forum friendly code. Not just the headers but also placement into the proper categories. Plus he occasionally grabs a rumor himself.
Without his help this work would be much more tedious and time consuming!

Randyman 12-25-2019 12:26 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Refplace (Post 2301729)
Thank you! I'm not the first, nor will I be the last but comments like this offset the discouragement when weeks or more go buy with no comments and speculation. Sometimes it seems it used to be more popular.
I want to thank Roger B.W. as well, few know how helpful he has been to me and previous thread runners. He runs a script that handles all the formatting, all I have to do is find the rumors and enter them into the page (topic, date, url) and then press a button to get forum friendly code. Not just the headers but also placement into the proper categories. Plus he occasionally grabs a rumor himself.
Without his help this work would be much more tedious and time consuming!

I never realized that it was automated like this. Kudos to Roger B.W., indeed!

mehrkat 12-25-2019 01:11 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
I know I don't comment or speculate very often but I depend on this page to know what's coming.

beetle496 01-01-2020 12:48 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
I would like to ask that the Amazon POD versions be released soon after the PDF versions.

This came up for me recently, as I possibly interested in the 4e SteamPunk stuff, but I so very much prefer print over soft copy. I am waiting to see the POD 4e pricing before deciding what format to buy.

Refplace 01-01-2020 01:10 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beetle496 (Post 2302646)
I would like to ask that the Amazon POD versions be released soon after the PDF versions.

This came up for me recently, as I possibly interested in the 4e SteamPunk stuff, but I so very much prefer print over soft copy. I am waiting to see the POD 4e pricing before deciding what format to buy.

That kind of suggestion/request is better off asked elsewhere. This forum or the GURPS forum but this thread is not run by SJG but fans who are speculating on what upcoming products are coming out. My advice? Ask again in the thread you asked for after Jan 6th, the company is on holiday vacation (they shut down to skeleton crew for two week break) but I think you git the answers already. There is a lot of work tweaking the PDF to meet Amazons requirements and they wont know if its worth that time and money until they have tracked sales for awhile. So holding off buying the PDF actually makes it less likely since it has lower sales. One customer wont be a big tell, but if several have the same idea it could.

One example is the book How to Be a GURPS GM originally a PDF only release it was apparently popular enough that they decided to make it a print run and added it to a kickstarter as an add on.

Rasputin 01-02-2020 11:57 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
And today we have GURPS Supporting Cast.

Refplace 01-10-2020 09:54 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Woot! I know some will be excited to see progress on the Girl Genius front!
https://dr-kromm.livejournal.com/236219.html

Also the DF o,panion 2 has a schedule date for Jan 20th.
http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/J...r_January_20th

Rasputin 01-10-2020 01:46 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Since this hasn't been updated in a few years and was relevant last week, these books do not have digital versions available and there is no licensing reason preventing this:

GURPS Time Travel Adventures

DouglasCole 01-16-2020 03:50 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Here ya go, Refplace: you can now find all of my digital stuff on Warehouse 23. Physical products are pending a certain huge container of TFT stuff being taken care of properly.

http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...D=558399681-sb

Refplace 01-16-2020 04:26 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasCole (Post 2304863)
Here ya go, Refplace: you can now find all of my digital stuff on Warehouse 23. Physical products are pending a certain huge container of TFT stuff being taken care of properly.

http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...D=558399681-sb

YES!!!!
Too bad I already own it all, well the GURPS stuff anyhow. Updating my llinks but going to leave that new published category for you as you may still publish first on your site. That gives your products two possible bumps (one when first published than later on W23) so I dont expect any complaints.

Refplace 01-23-2020 04:16 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
As proclaimed by Phil Masters (the author) n GURPS Vehicles: Transports of Fantasy is out!

Refplace 01-25-2020 11:57 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Updated the spec page with the latest bit.
It looks like the next few months might be hard on us GURPS fans. Nothing announced in the Production queue. Matt Riggsby's new DF setting is in the Editing stage last I heard but hopefully its been moved out of editing as that seems like the next book in line.

johndallman 01-25-2020 02:39 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Refplace (Post 2301083)
Published to W23

I doubt this should be listed as 2019.

Refplace 01-25-2020 02:53 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johndallman (Post 2306187)
I doubt this should be listed as 2019.

Sigh.
Blame the operator, its like writing out checks in a new year :(
Edit: Corrected now

Refplace 01-30-2020 02:15 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
With the latest edition of GURPS News we have numerous updates.
A few unknown items have filled out a little.
Matt Riggsby has a DF setting and a DF adventure coming up.
Infinite Worlds is getting a new setting book.
Christopher Rice has a DF denizens book in first draft, I think its his previously announced item with the Lankhmar or Discworld sounding name but thats not yet conformed.
Something is past first draft stage but on hold, maybe GURPS VDS?

There are a few unredacted or unknown author and title items that probably need to be removed from the list but I'm not sure yet.

Christopher R. Rice 01-30-2020 02:28 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Refplace (Post 2306920)
Christopher Rice has a DF denizens book in first draft, I think its his previously announced item with the Lankhmar or Discworld sounding name but thats not yet conformed.

Since it's been announced, yes, Marl Ankh-3 is the Denizens book.

Rasputin 02-06-2020 03:24 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Today we have GURPS Autoduel: Car Warriors.

Anders 02-12-2020 05:08 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
This will be the year we get Cabaret Chicks on Ice!!!

Refplace 02-14-2020 04:28 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Matt Riggsby;s DF setting got art approved and should show up later this month. Kromm also approved a new proposal and continues his editing of Girl Genius. Read it here

Derrick_rp 02-15-2020 10:25 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Refplace (Post 2306920)
With the latest edition of GURPS News we have numerous updates.
A few unknown items have filled out a little.
Matt Riggsby has a DF setting and a DF adventure coming up.
Infinite Worlds is getting a new setting book.
Christopher Rice has a DF denizens book in first draft, I think its his previously announced item with the Lankhmar or Discworld sounding name but thats not yet conformed.
Something is past first draft stage but on hold, maybe GURPS VDS?

There are a few unredacted or unknown author and title items that probably need to be removed from the list but I'm not sure yet.

Given all the Azoth-7 vehicles in Transports of Fantasy, how likely is it that the new Infinite Worlds setting is Azoth-7? Please say very.

Refplace 02-20-2020 02:37 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
And we have a release! http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...hard-mountains

Dammann 02-22-2020 05:17 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice (Post 2306926)
Since it's been announced, yes, Marl Ankh-3 is the Denizens book.

Marl Ankh...
Martial Artists?

dbm 02-22-2020 11:05 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
I think martial artist is a strong possibility. They are definitely one of the trickier professions to play successfully, so some extra doodads might help offset that.

Christopher R. Rice 02-22-2020 04:48 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dammann (Post 2310825)
Marl Ankh...
Martial Artists?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbm (Post 2310872)
I think martial artist is a strong possibility. They are definitely one of the trickier professions to play successfully, so some extra doodads might help offset that.

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I'll never telllll ... 𝅘𝅥𝅮

:-D

Pragmatic 02-23-2020 01:04 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice (Post 2310914)
𝅘𝅥𝅮 I'll never telllll ... 𝅘𝅥𝅮

:-D

Once more with feeling.

Refplace 02-25-2020 06:26 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Peter announced a new DF writing project.
https://dungeonfantastic.blogspot.co...ng-update.html

Refplace 03-04-2020 12:31 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quite a few changes in the past week, check out the first page for the latest news.

Pragmatic 03-06-2020 09:51 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
There's a TFT preorder yesterday.

Refplace 03-06-2020 03:12 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Lots of updates today.
We still I suspect have some stubs that arent real or should have been changed to later updates but I never saw a firm connection.

Refplace 03-18-2020 09:54 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Just got PDF copy of DF Companion 2 from W23 by email.not sure if thats errata or a comp copy just to keep my backer kit purchase in line with my W23 account. I mention this because it may be available for buyers real soon now.

Refplace 03-27-2020 04:49 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Girl Genius is done editing!Status still listed as Editing not in Production because I believe it has to be approved by Phil Foglio before it can get there and there may be more edits.
Kromm has however started a new supplement.
Also two first drafts arrived. Unknown projects by Matt Riggsby and Roger Burton West.
https://dr-kromm.livejournal.com/238859.html

Refplace 03-28-2020 01:51 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
And the latest Nordland releases are available to everyone at Gaming Ballistic!
I already had my copies from the kickstarter and they are lovely and attractive and really solid setting material!
https://gamingballistic.com/2020/03/...ilable-in-pdf/

Normally this might have waited till the print copies were out but this gives you some great reading material during this time when many are self isolating. Also gets a bit of money into the authors hands so they can start on the next project. I think the Nordland Bestiary is up next for DFRPG/GURPS and a few TFT adventures.

Refplace 03-31-2020 07:42 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Bunch of stuff from the GURPS News, updated front page best I could.Some things just had to go in the rumor vault but we got several tips on subjects or at least the lines certain things are.

Paulon 04-07-2020 08:43 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Somewhat surprising, but very welcome.
The GURPS classics Space Atlas 4 and Horseclans appear to have come out today. I'm surprised by the latter, given it was a licensed setting, but it gives me hope that we might yet see other old licensed books digitally released in the future.

Next day edit:
Today we got Classic Time Travel too. Nice to see.

Refplace 04-09-2020 01:34 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulon (Post 2317842)
Somewhat surprising, but very welcome.
The GURPS classics Space Atlas 4 and Horseclans appear to have come out today. I'm surprised by the latter, given it was a licensed setting, but it gives me hope that we might yet see other old licensed books digitally released in the future.

Next day edit:
Today we got Classic Time Travel too. Nice to see.

Wow, digital too! Very surprising, I might pick it up. Lost the original softcover years ago.

Rasputin 04-10-2020 09:43 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
And we also get the classic GURPS Deadlands, something we didn't expect at all.

Editing to add GURPS Deadlands Dime Novel 1: Aces and Eights, which is a surprise unless you saw the previous one first, in which case you expected it, just not today.

Paulon 04-10-2020 02:37 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
More Must Buy titles for me. This run of releases is greatly appreciated, especially since I never expected to see some of these due to licensing issues.

David L Pulver 04-10-2020 08:58 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
My half of Space Atlas IV was the first book I submitted to SJ Games in 1988 (it was published a bit after Ultra-Tech, as SJ Games wanted that out first), and it marked my debut as a RPG writer. Originally written as a 64 page book, SJ Games combined it with another Space Atlas book by Steven Dedman to make a 128 pager. At the time, the original plan was that SJ Games would do one space atlas for each major interstellar government type (e.g., Corporate Worlds, Confederation, etc.) and mine was to be the Federation atlas. That was kind of boring, so I also added two rival bunches of nasties that the Federation could bounce off of. (They aren't anything to do with the Star Trek feds; they're just a federal interstellar system).

I wrote the Phoenix Sector, which has alien cyborgs and parahumans and so on, and which contains a three-way conflict between rival interstellar powers. It was based on the "Tarot" interstellar spy campaign I ran a few years before which was focused on the federation's attempt to discover what Duke Osric was up to in the Phoenix Domain, and the nature of the Malikithi/Ilshani.

Stephen Dedmen wrote the Saga sector. Some people think I wrote this part, because it has a race of catgirls in it, but I'm afraid that was not the case! Other GURPS authors were introducing catgirls before I was.

Ronnke 04-11-2020 07:09 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
With licensed books like Horseclans and Deadlands back as PDF. I wonder if that means the GURPS Humanx line may also see a future as PDF.

*crosses fingers*

Proteus 04-11-2020 06:20 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Time for some off-the-wall speculation about upcoming titles!

What's Christopher Rice up to? He has such delicious code-names....

The Dungeon Fantasy: Denizens title formerly known as "Marl Ankh-3": well, "marl" is a term for a rock or color of mixed black and white, and an ankh is a holy symbol, so Im going to guess that the book covers Holy and Unholy Warriors together, though that doesnt explain the anomalous "3." Maybe because it'd be the third Denizens book?

"Knight-3": No idea. The number could suggest an Infinite Worlds timeline, except that we see numbers so often elsewhere in Chris' codenames, like "SNO-51" or "Marl Ankh-3". Is there another sub-line for which this would be the third volume?

"Uptight Calimari": A DF volume about Elder Spawn? A Monster Hunters addendum with rules and suggestions for cosmic horror?

"Horsemen": the Biblical Revelations association is awfully tempting: perhaps an After the End volume about religious apocalypse?

And what about David Pulver?

It's been ages since Kromm dropped a mention of David's ongoing work on "Redacted, Vol. 1" and Vol. 2. I wonder whether it's the long-awaited Vehicle Design System, split into two pieces. One with basic rules for ground vehicles and watercraft, and another for aircraft, multi-medium vehicles, and weird tech? My other thought is a two-volume set on mecha, perhaps with one book for campaigns and characters and another for mecha design and combat.

And Bill Stoddard?

Hes stated of his latest that "in a way, this is a followup to a previous project, applying some of its content to a specific topic. And unlike several preceding books, it has a fairly large bibliography. To me, that says an adaptation of a (probably public-domain) book series. He also had the "need to insert a few cross references to an older GURPS book that covers some related ground." That could be just about anything, alas.

Part of me really wants it to be GURPS: Oz, to go with the Munchkin sets; and would the original art for that be public-domain, too? Another wonders whether it'll be another "sword and planet" adaptation of some pulp series, harkening back to GURPS: Planet Krishna. But who knows?

Christopher R. Rice 04-11-2020 06:35 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2318508)
What's Christopher Rice up to? He has such delicious code-names....

Heh. My codenames usually have to directly do with the subject matter but I'm very fond of anagrams . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2318508)
The Dungeon Fantasy: Denizens title formerly known as "Marl Ankh-3": well, "marl" is a term for a rock or color of mixed black and white, and an ankh is a holy symbol, so Im going to guess that the book covers Holy and Unholy Warriors together, though that doesnt explain the anomalous "3." Maybe because it'd be the third Denizens book?

Cold. Nice guess though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2318508)
"Knight-3": No idea. The number could suggest an Infinite Worlds timeline, except that we see numbers so often elsewhere in Chris' codenames, like "SNO-51" or "Marl Ankh-3". Is there another sub-line for which this would be the third volume?

Cold. It's one of my favorite movies and originally referenced the number of parts of the book - which changed during the writing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2318508)
"Uptight Calimari": A DF volume about Elder Spawn? A Monster Hunters addendum with rules and suggestions for cosmic horror?

Cold. Hint: Something I write about frequently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2318508)
"Horsemen": the Biblical Revelations association is awfully tempting: perhaps an After the End volume about religious apocalypse?

Colder.

Proteus 04-11-2020 07:45 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Anagrams? Ha! Then clearly "Uptight Calimari" is...

"Piratical Might U.", about an island school that teaches Seadog Sorcery. Or...

"Traumatic Pig Hil(l)", a sequel to SJ Games' long-forgotten White Wolf pastiche Hampire: The Masked Ace Raid. Or...

"Upti, Thai Camgirl" about, well, never mind. Or...

"I Pi Magical Truth", about using sacred geometry in RPM.

Or not.

Andrew Hackard 04-11-2020 10:29 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2318508)
It's been ages since Kromm dropped a mention of David's ongoing work on "Redacted, Vol. 1" and Vol. 2. I wonder whether it's the long-awaited Vehicle Design System, split into two pieces.

Just going to dash these speculations right now before they fester into hope: no. That book is (still) making glacial progress with no calving in sight.

whswhs 04-12-2020 07:03 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Just to note that I'll be ready for the playtest as soon as I have functioning broadband. I'm hoping that will be soon; the past week of dealing with AT&T has been really stressful.

Refplace 04-12-2020 03:04 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by whswhs (Post 2318576)
Just to note that I'll be ready for the playtest as soon as I have functioning broadband. I'm hoping that will be soon; the past week of dealing with AT&T has been really stressful.

Glad to hear you've completed the trip and initial phase of your move!

Rasputin 04-13-2020 03:46 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Today we have more GURPS Deadlands:

GURPS Classic: Deadlands Dime Novel 2 Wanted: Undead or Alive
GURPS Classic: Deadlands Hexes
GURPS Classic: Deadlands Varmints

prospero 04-13-2020 09:22 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
See Dr. Kromm's honest, informative, and heartfelt discussion of the long-hoped-for 4E Vehicles on page 8 of this thread. Excerpts below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kromm (Post 2318582)
Pulling either of us off "all other projects" for this one would mean sidelining the dozens of shorter items we could write, edit, and lay out in the interim, almost all of which would earn more $ per page than Vehicle Design unless we charged $80+ for that product in softback, and which would collectively earn much more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kromm (Post 2318582)
... it would be an extreme drain on resources we cannot afford when we have all the rest of GURPS to run. We have no guarantee that any one supplement will sell irrespective of Internet demand but we feel 100% comfortable saying that all other supplements of all other types in all other genres will, collectively, pay the bills. That's the tradeoff.


whswhs 04-14-2020 07:12 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Refplace (Post 2318638)
Glad to hear you've completed the trip and initial phase of your move!

Thanks! It's been an adventure, but we survived. Now I really want to get back to work.

David L Pulver 04-14-2020 03:36 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
And what about David Pulver?

As far as I know:
* I have two GURPS projects that were delayed while I worked on TFT projects and because of ongoing health issues that slowed my writing. They're partly written and first drafts may be finished later this year.

* Ongoing TFT projects announced by SJ Games that I wrote are Red Crypt (solo horor adventure now on Kickstarter), Ardonirane (72-page city book), and T'Reo School of Martial Magic (64-page TFT setting). I think there's another adventure that is written but whose title has yet to be announced.

* Vehicle Design is delayed for some of the reasons Kromm has indicated, e.g., production staff limitations. Playtesters who reviewed the final draft before it was submitted seem quite happy with the current book; some of them continue to send me their vehicle and weapon designs. I'm grateful for the many people who supported me on the project.

Proteus 04-14-2020 11:37 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David L Pulver (Post 2318921)
As far as I know:

And, obviously, you would know... but don't you have another short GURPS piece in first draft with Kromm right now? Or have I misread his occasionally gnomic updates?

Rasputin 04-15-2020 09:21 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Today we get Car Wars Classic Arenas 2.

Refplace 04-15-2020 01:54 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David L Pulver (Post 2318921)
And what about David Pulver?

As far as I know:
* I have two GURPS projects that were delayed while I worked on TFT projects and because of ongoing health issues that slowed my writing. They're partly written and first drafts may be finished later this year.

Sorry to hear about your health issues and my hope for getting better. Thanks for the update.

Christopher R. Rice 04-16-2020 07:21 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
In case you didn't catch my twitter feed all of my first draft short projects (Knight-3, Horseman, and Uptight Calamari) are submitted. GURPS Realm Management is also done and submitted. The only thing I have left is the three remaining adventures for Doug's Perilous Journeys aka Calypse-4.

johndallman 04-17-2020 02:48 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice (Post 2319326)
In case you didn't catch my twitter feed all of my first draft short projects (Knight-3, Horseman, and Uptight Calamari) are submitted. GURPS Realm Management is also done and submitted.

In late 2020, the game became know as "Christopher R. GURPS".

Christopher R. Rice 04-17-2020 02:52 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johndallman (Post 2319358)
In late 2020, the game became know as "Christopher R. GURPS".

Heh. Not quite. It was a good day though. Got it all in.

Refplace 04-18-2020 02:06 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice (Post 2319360)
Heh. Not quite. It was a good day though. Got it all in.

Saw it, that section is all full though and over the posting limit. Hoping something with a lengthy hint history gets published or into Production soon so I can fit it in.

David L Pulver 04-21-2020 08:52 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice (Post 2319326)
In case you didn't catch my twitter feed all of my first draft short projects (Knight-3, Horseman, and Uptight Calamari) are submitted. GURPS Realm Management is also done and submitted. The only thing I have left is the three remaining adventures for Doug's Perilous Journeys aka Calypse-4.

I have some friends who are most eagerly awaiting Realm Management - they'd been asking me "does GURPS have someting like this?" for some time now.

David L Pulver 04-21-2020 08:53 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Refplace (Post 2319108)
Sorry to hear about your health issues and my hope for getting better. Thanks for the update.

Thank you.

David L Pulver 04-21-2020 09:02 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2318996)
And, obviously, you would know... but don't you have another short GURPS piece in first draft with Kromm right now? Or have I misread his occasionally gnomic updates?

Perhaps I'm not cleared for that (:

I also wrote TOWER OF THE MOON (Night Owl) on DriveThru RPG, which came out fairly recently, but that's not for GURPS. And as Doug has mentioned, I'm working on some TFT adventures for him, and hope to do more TFT for SJ Games.

Christopher R. Rice 04-21-2020 09:15 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David L Pulver (Post 2320363)
I have some friends who are most eagerly awaiting Realm Management - they'd been asking me "does GURPS have someting like this?" for some time now.

I really hope folks like it. I took a lot of the stylistic inspiration from GURPS Mass Combat so the two would really mesh and feel like they belong in the same game.

Refplace 04-22-2020 10:46 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David L Pulver (Post 2320365)
Perhaps I'm not cleared for that (:

I also wrote TOWER OF THE MOON (Night Owl) on DriveThru RPG, which came out fairly recently, but that's not for GURPS. And as Doug has mentioned, I'm working on some TFT adventures for him, and hope to do more TFT for SJ Games.

One trouble with maintaining the list is some books sneak in without a hint and others are hinted in ways that they may not be connected. A lot of guesswork is involved and sometimes whomever is running the Speculation tread that year can simply guess wrong.It helps a lot if the authors check the list now and then so feel free to correct me if anything under your name is incorrect.

Right now recent updates for one status are not being shown as the hints exceed the word count limit in the forum. Hopefully that's fixed soon as things moved to "Published" status.

whswhs 04-22-2020 10:53 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Just FYI, the move is over and I have broadband again. We're now waiting for my project to make its way through the SJ Games queue to where the playtest can start.

Rasputin 04-24-2020 01:14 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
This is something of a tangent to the thread, but right now the digital-only SJG items on W23 are 897, while on DTRPG it's up to 712 after today's update. Most of the shortfall looks like it's GURPS 4e material.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a sort issue on my end.

Refplace 04-24-2020 02:25 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 2320735)
This is something of a tangent to the thread, but right now the digital-only SJG items on W23 are 897, while on DTRPG it's up to 712 after today's update. Most of the shortfall looks like it's GURPS 4e material.

Makes sense, the older material on a site where it gets a lower revenue due to commissions/fees while newer stuff mostly on the main system where its a higher margin. DTRPG is basically a marketing tool or maybe call it a distributor

Pragmatic 05-14-2020 05:32 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Looks like it's two TFT items this week.

Refplace 05-14-2020 05:43 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmatic (Post 2323999)
Looks like it's two TFT items this week.

Which two?Im not seeing anything for this week yet.

adm 05-14-2020 05:56 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
The GMs screen, and Tollenkar's Lair as stand alone .pdfs, not new new, but new by themselves.

Pragmatic 05-14-2020 07:20 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by adm (Post 2324004)
The GMs screen, and Tollenkar's Lair as stand alone .pdfs, not new new, but new by themselves.

Yup, these two.

I have a bookmark to show new digital goods from Steve Jackson Games. It stopped sorting a while ago, so I can tell (generally) when there's something new when the count changes. It went from 24 yesterday to 26 today.

By process of elimination, I figured out it was these two TFT items.

Refplace 05-14-2020 08:14 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmatic (Post 2324026)

By process of elimination, I figured out it was these two TFT items.

I look for new and then the top item and its been stuck on the TFT coloring book.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.