Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   In Nomine (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Online resources (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=5159)

MIB Control 04-26-2005 05:29 AM

Online resources

Following on from the Book Sticky (which I will fill in from home), I thought it might be useful to post some online sources that people use - my ulterior motive being an IN campaign which I am due to start running shortly.

Opinions?

EDG 04-26-2005 07:12 AM

Re: Online resources

What sorts of sources are you looking for?

Glamourweaver 04-26-2005 09:06 AM

http://www.amadan.org/Innomine.htm

This is really the only page I've actually pulled things from whole-cloth. There are other pages from which I get inspiration certainly (particularly in my current work to get write-ups for the Dead & MIA Superiors), but this is the only one where I've literally printed stuff off and placed them inside In Nomine books for myself & players to use (I have the Dark Malakim rules sitting in the back of "Fall of the Malakim" for example).

If you are asking about non-IN resources that are still usefull in IN games, then nothing will ever top pantheon.org ... especially for any game involving the Old Gods.

MIB Control 04-27-2005 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDG
What sorts of sources are you looking for?

Well anything really. List of names, suggested thethers, etc. Anything GMs come accross that they think is useful

Archangel Beth 04-27-2005 08:04 AM

Might I suggest the In Nomine Collection?

In particular, it has "Bible Names" and some lists with what would work well with some Words. And at the risk of sounding corny, lots, lots more.

MIB Control 04-29-2005 05:26 AM

Cool site Beth - one of my favourites to browse during the day, and I am sure a lot of people will find it useful - I know I do!

FireDrakeK 07-05-2005 10:09 PM

here is a question, i made some new in nomine sheets and i don't know who- or where to upload them, plus i'd love to upload some of my wordbound angels and their rights when they happen (Akuma Korosu, lesser angel of Hardcore, "hey hell had one, all i had to do was knock some teeth")

EDG 07-06-2005 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireDrakeK
here is a question, i made some new in nomine sheets and i don't know who- or where to upload them, plus i'd love to upload some of my wordbound angels and their rights when they happen (Akuma Korosu, lesser angel of Hardcore, "hey hell had one, all i had to do was knock some teeth")

If you just want to put your files on the web, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of free web hosts; for various reasons - including that I'm just not familiar with them anymore - I can't recommend one over the other.

If you want your files on the In Nomine Collection, please send an e-mail to the address below (in my .sig) telling me about the files - how large they are, what their file format is, etc. Do not e-mail the files themselves.

robkelk 01-12-2009 04:03 PM

(This post originally had its own thread - please let me know about new and updated "location" websites there, and I'll update this post with them.)

In Nomine Virtual Atlas

I've gathered up all the links I could find to writeups of "real-world" locations in In Nomine terms, and thought I'd share.

Information in printed materials (canonical) is referenced by book title and linked where e23 releases exist; information on the Web (non-canonical) is referenced by URL.

Locations are listed by continent. If there's more than one location writeup in a political area (state in the USA, country elsewhere), that area gets its own heading in the list.

Africa
No known online writeups.

Asia

Australia

Europe

North America

USA

California
Texas
Elsewhere in the USA

South America

Oceania and Antarctica

MIB4223 08-17-2009 08:28 AM

I've created this Google map of Tethers. E-mail me (elohite [at] gmail DOT com) if you'd like to contribute.

Ka Faraq Gatri 10-11-2009 03:58 PM

On that subject, are In Nomine books available online anywhere (legal downloads only please) as PDFs?

I emphasize LEGAL DOWNLOADS ONLY.

Rocket Man 10-11-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ka Faraq Gatri (Post 865266)
On that subject, are In Nomine books available online anywhere (legal downloads only please) as PDFs?

I emphasize LEGAL DOWNLOADS ONLY.

Here's everything that's currently available on PDF through Steve Jackson Games' e23 (the only legal source of In Nomine PDFs I know of). A lot of the core books are still physical-only, though, and I don't know what SJG's schedule is to upload them. This list of e-books does include the main rulebook, though.

http://e23.sjgames.com/hot.cgi?lmt=2...-10-11&ord=qty

robkelk 10-12-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Man (Post 865280)
Here's everything that's currently available on PDF through Steve Jackson Games' e23 (the only legal source of In Nomine PDFs I know of). A lot of the core books are still physical-only, though, and I don't know what SJG's schedule is to upload them. This list of e-books does include the main rulebook, though.

http://e23.sjgames.com/hot.cgi?lmt=2...-10-11&ord=qty

That link won't list anything published after yesterday, though. (Yes, I'm an optimist.) This link will, but it isn't sorted by number of sales... and it includes GURPS In Nomine

Archangel Beth 10-13-2009 06:42 PM

Nothing wrong with including GURPS IN, if you ask me... O:>

robkelk 10-14-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel Beth (Post 866548)
Nothing wrong with including GURPS IN, if you ask me... O:>

You still get royalties on that one, no?

(It appears the Demon Princess of Nitpicking has a better-than-neutral opinion of the Demon Prince of Greed... <g>)

Rocket Man 10-14-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robkelk (Post 867218)
You still get royalties on that one, no?

(It appears the Demon Princess of Nitpicking has a better-than-neutral opinion of the Demon Prince of Greed... <g>)

And that the Archangel of Archives is on very good terms with the Archangel of Trade ... <g>

Archangel Beth 10-15-2009 08:54 AM

*beth looks serenely cheerful, in both her guises*

tbug 06-25-2010 01:48 PM

Does anyone have an app that calculates disturbance?

Acolyte 05-20-2011 01:01 AM

If any of you are Pandora users, I have a Pandora station that I always play in the background during RPG sessions, but it's spot-on for In Nomine. You should be able to search for it under the email rashingl@ncsu.edu, with the title "Ominous Latin Chanting and other Epicness". It's sure to spice up your game session!

tHEhERETIC 05-20-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acolyte (Post 1179281)
If any of you are Pandora users, I have a Pandora station that I always play in the background during most RPG sessions, but it's spot-on for In Nomine. You should be able to search for it under the email rashingl@ncsu.edu, with the title "Ominous Latin Chanting and other Epicness". It's sure to spice up your game session!

--cries-- I love Pandora, but it's blocked here outside of the United States. Or it was. It's still trying to load, haven't gotten the 'blocked' message yet.
--edit-- OMG bounce bounce squee it's working!!!
--------edit--- It worked at work. Some quirk of the firewall? That I can duplicate at home? The laptop here at my apartment gives me 'Sorry, you're in the wrong country' message.

Acolyte 05-20-2011 01:53 AM

Actually, if you could let me know if the above information is sufficient for someone to find and listen to that station, I'd appreciate it. We've invested some time and effort making it a great gaming station for a variety of games (mostly Fading Suns, but also In Nomine and Pathfinder in the RPG circuit and Arkham Horror, Pandemic, and Kill Dr. Lucky in the board game circuit).

tHEhERETIC 05-20-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acolyte (Post 1179297)
Actually, if you could let me know if the above information is sufficient for someone to find and listen to that station, I'd appreciate it. We've invested some time and effort making it a great gaming station for a variety of games (mostly Fading Suns, but also In Nomine and Pathfinder in the RPG circuit and Arkham Horror, Pandemic, and Kill Dr. Lucky in the board game circuit).

I was able to find it easily (at work), and it opened with a track by Therion.

roguebfl 12-14-2011 06:23 PM

Anyone hae a Google Docs compatible Character sheet?

robkelk 12-14-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roguebfl (Post 1293381)
Anyone hae a Google Docs compatible Character sheet?

There are some Excel character spreadsheets linked from this page; they should import into Google Docs quite nicely.

They won't look pretty, but they will do most of the math for you.

Celjabba 03-11-2012 05:11 PM

For those interested,

Almost all the French books of INS/MV* (which inspired In Nomine) are legally (Or so the web site claim) available for free as (very low quality) scanned pdf.

Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Nomi.../Magna_Veritas, the link is at the bottom of the page, under external links.

Of course, you need to know French, and a very colloquial French at that.
And tolerate the rather special humour.
Knowledge of various French/Parisian subcultures of 20 years ago also help.
I am a native French speaker, but not from France, and many details escape me.

But if you can read those, there is a lot of material there that could be of use for an In Nomine game.

Hope this help

Celjabba

*: and Stella Inquisitoris, the follow-up game describing the future of the setting in space.

Cooper 04-01-2015 11:21 PM

I have found this Aramaic dictionary quite useful for coming up with Celestial names: http://www.atour.com/dictionary/

Rocket Man 04-02-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 1887053)
I have found this Aramaic dictionary quite useful for coming up with Celestial names: http://www.atour.com/dictionary/

Thank you! I love name-related and translation sites. One of my favorite gaming moments was when I needed to name an Elohite of Oannes and found that the Hawaiian name Kaimana literally meant "Power of the Waters." :)

Cooper 04-07-2015 11:56 PM

Just found an even more comprehensive one: https://en.glosbe.com/en/

All sorts of languages (living and dead) included in that.

Cooper 06-17-2015 07:49 PM

Here are a couple of other resources that are apparently now available for free online viewing (which would have been nice to know before I bought physical copies).

A Dictionary of Angels by Gustav Davidson

The Goetia "translated" by Samuel Liddel & MacGregor Mathers (Golden Dawn)

The Grand Grimoire - no author credited and the translator used a web handle

nuulak 08-08-2015 01:31 PM

When I was digging through different links on Google + I stumbled across a fan site that is looking to create some additional content or just keep some things turning for In Nomine

https://liberneglecta.wordpress.com/ ~ Book of the Neglected.

From going over the site they are currently focusing on the d666 version of the game and not the GURPS Classic version.

Rocket Man 08-08-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuulak (Post 1925648)
When I was digging through different links on Google + I stumbled across a fan site that is looking to create some additional content or just keep some things turning for In Nomine

https://liberneglecta.wordpress.com/ ~ Book of the Neglected.

From going over the site they are currently focusing on the d666 version of the game and not the GURPS Classic version.

Yes, this is the site that Cooper has been plugging in the sig. ;)

robkelk 08-09-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Man (Post 1925710)
Yes, this is the site that Cooper has been plugging in the sig. ;)

Hey, that site has some Superiors writeups ... and nobody told me.

Anyway.

The list is updated.

Cooper 08-30-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robkelk (Post 1925902)
Hey, that site has some Superiors writeups ... and nobody told me.

Anyway.

The list is updated.

There's also another (fourth by my count) celestial geography of San Francisco.

Cooper 01-18-2017 09:00 PM

Map of the (locatable) tethers: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gk...a0&usp=sharing

gusty737 03-14-2017 05:19 PM

I just logged on to in nomine annotations. The site appears to be down. Is there an archive or mirror site somewhere that I missed?

gusty737 12-30-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gusty737 (Post 2083797)
I just logged on to in nomine annotations. The site appears to be down. Is there an archive or mirror site somewhere that I missed?

In Nomine Annotations seems to have gone Dead. Has anyone been I contact with the site owner.

Attercap 01-12-2018 10:15 AM

I fixed the link redirects for my write-ups of Houston and Detroit on my domain to their current addresses. The current links on the forum post can be used, but if someone wants to update to their new home, that'd be cool, too.

heathd666 03-13-2018 06:08 PM

i made the dual character sheet form fillable. hopefully it wasnt against the rules to share. anyway if it is just let me know

https://drive.google.com/file/d/100Z...ew?usp=sharing

tHEhERETIC 04-19-2020 02:35 AM

Losing my mind, running a PbP on Facebook (so I can use adult content not appropriate for here). It's time to level up the PCs and dammit, I can't find any CP chart worth a damn. I realize there probably isn't one in the canon books (I have all the books, but I haven't exactly memorized them), but I'm wondering if anyone has done the crunch that says Attributes this much, Skills this much, Backgrounds that much.

johndallman 04-19-2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC (Post 2319757)
I can't find any CP chart worth a damn. I realize there probably isn't one in the canon books . . .

See p. 202 in the Core Rules.

Characteristics are 3/level, and when you've bought 4 points in a pair of characteristics, you gain a Force of the appropriate type.

All other Resources cost the same as at character creation:
  • Attunements are priced on p. 36.
  • Artifacts are priced on p. 70.
  • Roles are priced on p. 72.
  • Servants are priced on p. 45.
  • Skills are priced on p. 73.
  • Songs are priced on p. 46.
  • Discord is priced on p. 49.
  • The ways of removing Dissonance are on p. 49.

tHEhERETIC 04-20-2020 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndallman (Post 2319759)
See p. 202 in the Core Rules.

Characteristics are 3/level, and when you've bought 4 points in a pair of characteristics, you gain a Force of the appropriate type.

All other Resources cost the same as at character creation:
  • Attunements are priced on p. 36.
  • Artifacts are priced on p. 70.
  • Roles are priced on p. 72.
  • Servants are priced on p. 45.
  • Skills are priced on p. 73.
  • Songs are priced on p. 46.
  • Discord is priced on p. 49.
  • The ways of removing Dissonance are on p. 49.

That's fantastic, thank you! I'll make a chart when I've got a little more mental bandwidth, and post the link here.

tHEhERETIC 04-21-2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC (Post 2319965)
That's fantastic, thank you! I'll make a chart when I've got a little more mental bandwidth, and post the link here.

Is this allowed? My rough and poorly organized CP cost chart, with notes for my particular game (TPW stands for the name of our adventure "The Pacific War" Google Sheet