Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   GURPS (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Realm Management (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=172364)

fwcain 02-28-2021 04:54 PM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
What format will it be available in? PDF? Hardcopy? Or both?

And congrats! ;-)

Thanks,
Franklin

Christopher R. Rice 02-28-2021 04:59 PM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fwcain (Post 2369492)
What format will it be available in? PDF? Hardcopy? Or both?

PDF far as I know. It'd have to do insanely well to get a hard copy - that's just a guess mind you I have no control over those sorts of things. I just write (hopefully) fun stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwcain (Post 2369492)
And congrats! ;-)

Thanks!

Ewan 03-01-2021 10:29 AM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice (Post 2369485)
No...gawd no. That was one of the things I tried to keep in mind as I wrote the system. I wanted it to mimic GURPS play if possible. I wanted to frontload realm creation and then make running the realm something that could be done in 5 to 10 minutes.



It is nominally able to cover any genre, any TL, any game. There are examples in the back for fantasy, sci-fi, and post-apocalypse.

If the book does well I have ideas for follow-ups that will get into more edge cases that I removed from the main book for being, well, edge cases.

Thanks Christopher, I think you’ve answered all my questions but I may come back with some after I buy it (which by my reckoning if released in March should be the 25th, just in time for the Easter weekend the following week).

Christopher R. Rice 03-01-2021 10:40 AM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewan (Post 2369553)
Thanks Christopher, I think you’ve answered all my questions but I may come back with some after I buy it (which by my reckoning if released in March should be the 25th, just in time for the Easter weekend the following week).

No problem, I want to see it released too - even if this book has me dealing with imposter syndrome hard. It was years of work and I really hope folks like it.

Been 03-01-2021 12:20 PM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
Does it model things like civil unrest, such as civil wars or opponent political factions

Christopher R. Rice 03-01-2021 02:48 PM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Been (Post 2369579)
Does it model things like civil unrest, such as civil wars or opponent political factions

In broad strokes, yes.

Been 03-01-2021 03:22 PM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
What sort of actions are involved in The Wheel?

Haseri 03-01-2021 03:39 PM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
Really looking forward to it!

Will it be usable as a sort of story-generating tool, especially in the background, like the Faction system in Stars Without Number?

Christopher R. Rice 03-01-2021 03:41 PM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Been (Post 2369619)
What sort of actions are involved in The Wheel?

Can't really go into that, but it's inspired by the GURPS Lite combat engine. Simple, but robust. It has things like "Negotiate" or "Marshal Manpower" as actions you can perform for the realm.

Christopher R. Rice 03-01-2021 03:41 PM

Re: GURPS Realm Management
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haseri (Post 2369620)
Really looking forward to it!

Will it be usable as a sort of story-generating tool, especially in the background, like the Faction system in Stars Without Number?

Never heard of it. Again, it's main role is to providing a roleplaying tool for PCs to run realms (whatever that may be).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.