Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Warehouse 23 Digital (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=166780)

Michael Thayne 06-05-2020 04:19 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Today's update from Kromm was extremely vague about which items had just gotten art. What are the odds one of them is the Girl Genius RPG?

Refplace 06-05-2020 04:32 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Thayne (Post 2327104)
Today's update from Kromm was extremely vague about which items had just gotten art. What are the odds one of them is the Girl Genius RPG?


Good question. The last word I have on it was files sent for approval in March so its possible. However I am betting its all those short items as they would likely take less art and layout with a goal of getting new product out soon.
Also I bet the art for Girl Genius has to be approved (if not drawn) by the licence holders.

Proteus 06-05-2020 09:10 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Why in the world is there a "Published" section in the listings? Isn't that just redundant with the Calendar?

Anyone else want to take a guess on Bill Stoddard's "followup of sorts to a previous project, with a large bibliography"? To me that suggests it's an "Adaptation," a "Portal Realm," or both. Since we've seen Munchkin Oz, could this be GURPS Oz? I don't remember whether the original Dennison art is out of copyright, but having that instead of stock pieces would be a neat trick.

If it's not Oz, what's another reasonable possibility that avoids licensing fees?

Do I recall mention at FnordCon of plans for a Kickstarter funding a brace of short GURPS titles, kind of a modern, digital version of late-3E's All-Star Jam? I can count a pretty varied dozen waiting in the pipeline for that trigger to be pulled, if I haven't just made that product up.

"Uptight Calimari" is an anagram for “Ritual Path Magic." How about "Marl Ankh"? Who would the "harm klan" be? Or do Scouts have a "lank arm" with an extra, sneezy "h"? Mutter, mutter, mutter....

Refplace 06-05-2020 11:14 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2327137)
Why in the world is there a "Published" section in the listings? Isn't that just redundant with the Calendar?

There are items published to other places like Kickstarter and Gaming Ballistic which dont show upon the W23 calandar.
I dont recall AllStar Jam from Fnordcon but its been awhile.

Christopher R. Rice 06-05-2020 11:45 PM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2327137)
"Uptight Calimari" is an anagram for “Ritual Path Magic."

Finally, someone got it.

Celjabba 06-06-2020 12:56 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus (Post 2327137)
How about "Marl Ankh"? Who would the "harm klan" be? Or do Scouts have a "lank arm" with an extra, sneezy "h"? Mutter, mutter, mutter....

Karma + National Hockey League ?
Karma + No-Limit Hold 'em (how to use poker chips for impulse buys ? )

Lot more possibilities if the l is a I, but nothing immediately obvious

johndallman 06-06-2020 06:06 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice (Post 2327155)
Finally, someone got it.

And there was me wondering if Uptight Calamari was DF Denizens: TFT Octopus.

Michael Thayne 06-06-2020 08:40 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Refplace (Post 2327105)
Also I bet the art for Girl Genius has to be approved (if not drawn) by the licence holders.

Good point. That will probably make things take a bit longer.

Daigoro 06-06-2020 09:45 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celjabba (Post 2327162)
Karma + National Hockey League ?
Karma + No-Limit Hold 'em (how to use poker chips for impulse buys ? )

Lot more possibilities if the l is a I, but nothing immediately obvious

MH: Rank LA?

Proteus 06-06-2020 10:57 AM

Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Refplace (Post 2327151)
There are items published to other places like Kickstarter and Gaming Ballistic which dont show upon the W23 calendar.

But that’s certainly not true of either Cold Shard Mountains or Vehicles: Transports of Fantasy, which are the only occupants of that section, and are both Steve Jackson Games products.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.