Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   GURPS (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   So, how great is Kromm anyway? (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=19833)

Spudzill 09-21-2006 08:12 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
Odin...was that the snake that Thorngrimm raised himself?

Icelander 09-21-2006 08:24 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudzill
Odin...was that the snake that Thorngrimm raised himself?

Nope, main god of the Aesier, the Old Norse Gods.

Valhalla was his house.

Until Kromm bought it for his cat, obviously.

Spudzill 09-21-2006 08:34 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
I read that there is a revival of the worship of the Aesir. Called Usutru or something very similar. It's supposed to have its start in Iceland.( The revival that is.)

Icelander 09-21-2006 08:34 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zorg
I did, in post #26. If this isn't kick-ass enough, then I don't know what else is.

A seperate thread where you sing Andrew Hackard's praises would be a start.

Otherwise you clearly do not find him great enough for such a thread.

And besides, Kromm's reach is infinite, just like his greatness.

Spudzill 09-21-2006 08:35 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelander
Nope, main god of the Aesier, the Old Norse Gods.

Valhalla was his house.

Until Kromm bought it for his cat, obviously.

BTW I knew that.:)

Icelander 09-21-2006 08:36 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
[COLOR=Black]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudzill
I read that there is a revival of the worship of the Aesir. Called Usutru or something very similar. It's supposed to have its start in Iceland.( The revival that is.)

Ásatrú.

Yes, we have people who worshipe the Aesir. We also have Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu and several denominitions of Christians. Not to mention all the other faiths I've forgotten to mention.

Spudzill 09-21-2006 08:46 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelander
[COLOR=Black]
Ásatrú.

Yes, we have people who worshipe the Aesir. We also have Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu and several denominitions of Christians. Not to mention all the other faiths I've forgotten to mention.

I didn't imply otherwise. I was mutating the topic as we were speaking of the Aesir. I think worshipping the Aesir is more cool than I have words for, really. I just hope that the racists don't try to make it theirs.

Spudzill 09-21-2006 08:47 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
Of course, it isn't as cool as worshipping Kromm.

Icelander 09-21-2006 08:57 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudzill
I didn't imply otherwise. I was mutating the topic as we were speaking of the Aesir. I think worshipping the Aesir is more cool than I have words for, really. I just hope that the racists don't try to make it theirs.

Racists have a right to their beliefs are much as anyone else, as long as they don't harm anyone.

Of course, it doesn't mean we have to like them or listen to them, but I'm afraid there is little we can do about them if we want to have freedom of speech as a real concept, instead of a hypocritical masque.

Well, we could always ask Kromm to make them go away.

Icelander 09-21-2006 08:58 AM

Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudzill
Of course, it isn't as cool as worshipping Kromm.

Nothing is as cool as the veneration of Kromm.

Except of course Kromm himself, who is much cooler.

He's fricking subzero.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.