Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Ogre and G.E.V. (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=92869)

Whitestreak 10-03-2012 08:55 PM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
*sigh*

I'm going to guess that I'm not going to make it as an MIB.

A few months ago, the regional director contacted me, I replied, there was a minor attempt to arrange a Skype call with no further action.

I think I'll be a MIG, instead - Man in Gray. I'll support Ogre as much as I can, drum up as much interest as I can, hopefully run a few demo's at stores or Con Quest, but it'll be completely unofficial.

jfleisher 10-03-2012 09:12 PM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
At least you heard back, I've sent a couple of applications in and all I got was silence...

FireHorse 10-03-2012 09:54 PM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfleisher (Post 1453612)
At least you heard back, I've sent a couple of applications in and all I got was silence...

Ditto. Same region, too. {cough} Maybe our Regional Director needs a nudge? {cough}

Qthulhu 10-09-2012 07:29 AM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitestreak (Post 1453604)
... I think I'll be a MIG, instead - Man in Gray. I'll support Ogre as much as I can, drum up as much interest as I can, hopefully run a few demo's at stores or Con Quest, but it'll be completely unofficial.

I like the sound of this. Can I join?

Whitestreak 10-09-2012 07:20 PM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qthulhu (Post 1455995)
I like the sound of this. Can I join?

Sure.

Consider yourself MIG 00002

Talorien 10-10-2012 10:11 AM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
Hey guys,

Many, many thanks for those like Whitestreak and FireHorse who have volunteered by contacting their Regional Directors.

Thanks for all your patience with us.

Part of the problem is that I'm not yet in Austin (and also currently only part-time - it seems like Designer's Ed takes up all my work hours!) and thus not at the 'Command Center' to help check up on things.

Best,
Tal

Qthulhu 10-11-2012 03:41 AM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitestreak (Post 1456297)
Sure.

Consider yourself MIG 00002

You can be my wingman anytime.

CombineGeneral 10-25-2012 09:14 PM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
I am MIB 0613... I have already booked Ogre Demos for opening weekend. I will book some Munchkin and Chez Geek demos for the holiday season.

I wonder if I should book some Ogre Preview demos using my Deluxe GEV/OGRE stuff and my extensive Ogre minis collection... any thoughts on that oh great Powers at SJ Games?

Talorien 10-26-2012 07:32 PM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CombineGeneral (Post 1464610)
I am MIB 0613... I have already booked Ogre Demos for opening weekend. I will book some Munchkin and Chez Geek demos for the holiday season.

I wonder if I should book some Ogre Preview demos using my Deluxe GEV/OGRE stuff and my extensive Ogre minis collection... any thoughts on that oh great Powers at SJ Games?

Thanks for your help, CombineGeneral!

WRT your question, I'd send an email to your cell leader, Regional Director or to Control. Thanks!

Simplytherob 06-26-2013 11:15 PM

Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive
 
I reached out to my local group, they pretty much didn't care about OGRE.
I want to help, but http://portlandmib.org/ just stopped returning my emails.
So I organized my own event.
https://www.facebook.com/events/617465178266029/
Hope to see you all there!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.