Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Ogre and G.E.V. (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Just How Small Can An Ogre Be? (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=126340)

eltf177 06-05-2014 04:23 PM

Just How Small Can An Ogre Be?

Post deleted.

Buzzardo 06-05-2014 05:17 PM

Re: Just How Small Can An Ogre Be?

I recall reading (in GURPS Ogre?) that the cybernetic brain is a yard each way and is mounted in a small vehicle (size of a car) for early training in the factory. That vehicle is unarmed and unarmored, the humans have a kill switch, and it never leaves the factory. Still, it's nominally an Ogre.

So, the answer to your question is: about the size of a Honda Civic. :)

Ashley 06-06-2014 02:31 AM

Gosh that sounds so darn cute, like kittens; furry, cute balls of fluff with razor sharp claws.

GreyHart 06-06-2014 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley (Post 1771249)
Gosh that sounds so darn cute, like kittens; furry, cute balls of fluff with razor sharp claws.

Don't forget the sharp pointy teeth! :D

gev 06-07-2014 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyHart (Post 1771266)
Don't forget the sharp pointy teeth! :D

...and the mean streak a mile wide.

sum1els 06-11-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzardo (Post 1771046)
I recall reading (in GURPS Ogre?) that the cybernetic brain is a yard each way and is mounted in a small vehicle (size of a car) for early training in the factory. That vehicle is unarmed and unarmored...

Unarmed? I bet the lab guys at least fitted it with laser-guided nerf darts.

"Hey Tiny, your mission is to shoot Bob's coffee."

Stabliser 06-13-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzardo (Post 1771046)
I recall reading (in GURPS Ogre?) that the cybernetic brain is a yard each way and is mounted in a small vehicle (size of a car) for early training in the factory. That vehicle is unarmed and unarmored, the humans have a kill switch, and it never leaves the factory. Still, it's nominally an Ogre.

So, the answer to your question is: about the size of a Honda Civic. :)

So thats where the Roborally idea came from. The humans set up a race track inside the factory for the baby ogres and it got a little out of hand...

Buzzardo 06-13-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stabliser (Post 1774367)
So thats where the Roborally idea came from. The humans set up a race track inside the factory for the baby ogres and it got a little out of hand...

Leading to the first two noises made by nearly all Ogres: "Wheeee!!!!" Crunch. ;)

lokke 06-14-2014 06:44 PM

And I thought this was going to be one of those "If an Ogre said "Does this colour scheme make my rear end look big," the correct answer would be.." sort of threads.

Ashley 06-15-2014 03:19 AM

It is now I guess.

Still, if the Bopperverse is the descendent of the Ogreverse, then small Ogres abound.