Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Play By Post (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=172443)

ajardoor 09-13-2021 01:03 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2396239)
Bain takes position about 5 yards from the monsters, taking partial cover. He is camouflaged and under stealth. As soon as Gathika casts her spell, he delivers two shots with a DWA, going for the vitals of the monsters.
Bain ends his surprise attack drawing another arrow.
Both monsters may require an HT roll at -5 for a major wound to the vitals (they got 7 and 8).

You want to draw another after the attack, you have to roll Fast-Draw skill. Failure means you do not, and need to try it next turn.
You rolled a 10.

As for the monsters, the injuries (7-2 x3 8-2 x3) are major wounds to the vitals, yes.
They roll 8 and 12 - both failures, one is completely out of it.

ericthered 09-13-2021 11:08 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith and slateman form up as part of the line. Bushy stands behind Gathica, watching the rear.

Telrith and slateman each evaluate a zombie, looking for the best way to hit.

What sort of weapons do they have? Mostly asking for the damage and damage type, which matters a lot for slateman's tactics.

Hide 09-13-2021 08:17 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
For the next round, assuming a distance of two yards between the monsters and Bain (waiting for the creatures to approach the defensive line, if they have not moved). He will deliver a DWA attack, going for the vitals and a headshot.

Attack 1:
Shooting 15 (DWA, acc, vitals: 15, 3, -3,), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 15(6 +4 +5)

Damage:
2d6+4 * 3 IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 7(3 +4)
Injury: Up to 33 HP of damage.

Attack 2:
Fast-Draw (14) and Ready (9) successful.
Shooting 10 (DWA, acc, skull, quick-shooting: 15, 3, -7, -1), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(2 +2 +6)

Damage:
2d6+4 * 4 IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 2(1 +1)
Injury: Up to 20 HP of damage.

Given the hit locations, one HT roll is at -5 and the other is at -10.

vicious Violence 09-14-2021 12:55 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic attacks the zombie that is one hex away, targeting vitals (sl 16+ 1(evaluate) -3 (vitals) =14/rolled 10) SUCCESS.
The enemy rolls 14 for defense. Total Damage 24 (1d+5, rolled 3, vitals*3).
HT roll at -5 (major wound on vitals), the monster rolled a 10)

ajardoor 09-14-2021 05:38 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic dealt a brutal blow, and knocked down and stunned the zombie.
Bain's arrows KO'd both targets!

ajardoor 09-14-2021 05:46 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2396355)
Telrith and slateman form up as part of the line. Bushy stands behind Gathica, watching the rear.

Telrith and slateman each evaluate a zombie, looking for the best way to hit.

What sort of weapons do they have? Mostly asking for the damage and damage type, which matters a lot for slateman's tactics.

Two have axes, two have maces, the rest have swords.

Gathika?

Hide 09-15-2021 11:02 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain makes a DWA and delivers half the volley; an arrow will be ready for the next turn. He is attacking just as before, going for a zombie at 2 yards from him (taking a wait if necessary).

Fast-Draw (9) & Ready (14), successful.
Bow 10 (DWA, acc, quick-shooting, skull: 15+3-1-7), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(1 +4 +2)

Damage: 2d+4 * 4 IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 2(1 +1)
Injury: 20 HP, knockdown rolls at -10.

DWA stopped with the ready at 14 (16).

vicious Violence 09-16-2021 12:44 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic will wait for three of the zombies to be at 2 yards from him to attack him using his sword, with RAPID STRIKE with ALL OUT ATTACK DOUBLE. The first attack is successful (sl 16-3 rapid strike -3 vitals 13/rolled 9), the second attack is a CRITICAL success (rolled 4). The third attack is also successful (16-3 rapid strike)/ rolled 12

Effect from the critical roll table of: 10 (normal damage)

Enemy defenses are 11 and 9

Damage for attack 1 (11)
rolled 6, 1d+5 *imp= up to 33
Damage for attack 2 (6)
rolled 1, 1d+5* imp=up to 18
Damage for attack 3 (11)
rolled 6 1d+5=11- 2 dr *imp= 18 damage

HT -5 for enemy 1 (rolled 11)

HT-5 for enemy 2 (rolled 12)

HT for enemy 3 (rolled 11)

ajardoor 09-16-2021 01:23 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2396693)
Bain makes a DWA and delivers half the volley; an arrow will be ready for the next turn. He is attacking just as before, going for a zombie at 2 yards from him (taking a wait if necessary).

Fast-Draw (9) & Ready (14), successful.
Bow 10 (DWA, acc, quick-shooting, skull: 15+3-1-7), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(1 +4 +2)

Damage: 2d+4 * 4 IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 2(1 +1)
Injury: 20 HP, knockdown rolls at -10.

DWA stopped with the ready at 14 (16).

Good news, you KO'd the zombie you headshot.
Bad news, you do not manage to ready an arrow for the next turn - you needed to make it to the Fast Draw roll for that.
Worst news, some sneaky enemies interrupt to shoot at you and Gathika, see the IC thread...

Hide 09-16-2021 01:56 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2396703)
Good news, you KO'd the zombie you headshot.
Bad news, you do not manage to ready an arrow for the next turn - you needed to make it to the Fast Draw roll for that (...)

Great!

The fast-draw was successful, it was a 14 (6):
Hide: 3D6 → 6(1 +3 +2)

Then the "fast" ready was 14 (16):
Hide: 3D6 → 16(5 +6 +5)

I just wanted to summarize it, as it is implied that a fast-draw roll precedes the ready roll; hence the arrow will be ready for the next turn!

Regarding the IC, Bain is camouflaged and under cover.
They must roll to find about Bain, and Bain must also roll to notice the enemy.
Not to mention he is the furthest from both sides.

vicious Violence 09-16-2021 02:01 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
AFAIK we should roll perception for the attackers,. And we arť near the entrance, and we detected the zombies near the door

PumpkinLorica 09-16-2021 02:29 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
How? We have a GOKEK watching the rear.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2396355)
Bushy stands behind Gathica, watching the rear.

Also Bain isn't giving his back, he's flanking from the side OR WE WOULD BE PIN CUSHIONS. He can see and warn us just like the gokek can.

Donít get me wrong, the surprise attack is OK. WE WANT SO MUCH BLOOD! But we arenít completely brainless uwu.

ajardoor 09-16-2021 06:51 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2396708)
Great!

The fast-draw was successful, it was a 14 (6):
Hide: 3D6 → 6(1 +3 +2)

Then the "fast" ready was 14 (16):
Hide: 3D6 → 16(5 +6 +5)

I just wanted to summarize it, as it is implied that a fast-draw roll precedes the ready roll; hence the arrow will be ready for the next turn!

Regarding the IC, Bain is camouflaged and under cover.
They must roll to find about Bain, and Bain must also roll to notice the enemy.
Not to mention he is the furthest from both sides.

Bain has attacked zombies multiple times, and is within the Sunlight spell radius. And if that did not blow his concealment (according to the DF rules, attacking reveals yourself, although I am open to hiding again after that during combat, but that requires an action), the bandits can still make rolls every turn Bain acts to spot him. And they did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2396709)
AFAIK we should roll perception for the attackers,. And we arť near the entrance, and we detected the zombies near the door

You already did. Bain made an Observation roll as you guys entered the cave. The bandits had a lookout (the "severed head" in an alcove), but Bain did not investigate and just entered the cave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2396710)
How? We have a GOKEK watching the rear.

Also Bain isn't giving his back, he's flanking from the side OR WE WOULD BE PIN CUSHIONS. He can see and warn us just like the gokek can.

Donít get me wrong, the surprise attack is OK. WE WANT SO MUCH BLOOD! But we arenít completely brainless uwu.

The earth elemental was watching the rear, yes. But the bandits are in darkness and made their Stealth roll.

ericthered 09-16-2021 09:12 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
What was the radius on the sunlight spell? I don't see that it was ever specified.



Could I get a diagram of this cavern complex? at least the part we're in? You've described it incompletely a few different times, and I've never been able to understand the descriptions, and I've expressed my confusion before. We should have a good understanding of at least this section of the cave because we've spent rests in it.

Hide 09-16-2021 01:21 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
I will leave my comments via PM.

PumpkinLorica 09-16-2021 02:04 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika threw her light like Bainís attack, 5 yards away to cancel our penalty. It stretches 4 yards from that point to Vicís attack range. It makes no sense to cast the light over us, we donít want to cancel their penalties but ours. This isnít the first time we are here. .. the watch post thing is odd. Bain checked the place, he said ďpreventive observationĒ or something. You didnít mention anything new besides the zombies.

Also, F in memory of Vicís critical /ᐠ.-ꞈ.ᐟ\

ajardoor 09-17-2021 02:44 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2396730)
Could I get a diagram of this cavern complex? at least the part we're in? You've described it incompletely a few different times, and I've never been able to understand the descriptions, and I've expressed my confusion before. We should have a good understanding of at least this section of the cave because we've spent rests in it.

I do not have my computer with the Paint program on it right now...
The corridor from the cave opening leads down into a three way junction. To the left is the mess hall. To the right is the guard post. In front is another corridor going forward a few yards and then off to the right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2396774)
Gathika threw her light like Bainís attack, 5 yards away to cancel our penalty. It stretches 4 yards from that point to Vicís attack range. It makes no sense to cast the light over us, we donít want to cancel their penalties but ours. This isnít the first time we are here. .. the watch post thing is odd. Bain checked the place, he said ďpreventive observationĒ or something. You didnít mention anything new besides the zombies.

The light radius gets rid of darkness penalties within it, and like lights has a small 3 yard distance from its edges where the darkness penalties are only -3 or less (see the section on light sources), outside that distance the normal darkness penalties resume. I already factored that in.

ericthered 09-17-2021 08:51 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2396835)
I do not have my computer with the Paint program on it right now...
The corridor from the cave opening leads down into a three way junction. To the left is the mess hall. To the right is the guard post. In front is another corridor going forward a few yards and then off to the right.


That's not a three-way junction... that's a four-way. Where in this is the party, and where are the bandits?


Quote:

The light radius gets rid of darkness penalties within it, and like lights has a small 3 yard distance from its edges where the darkness penalties are only -3 or less (see the section on light sources), outside that distance the normal darkness penalties resume. I already factored that in.

Does that match the spell description? the daylight spell is weird. I think its intentionally described as an overhead beam to avoid getting the "bonus" area.

ajardoor 09-17-2021 11:22 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2396847)
That's not a three-way junction... that's a four-way. Where in this is the party, and where are the bandits?

The party went left, on the edge of the mess hall. The bandits are on the right, inside the guard post (so behind you, unless you were watching the rear). (I did not count the way you came in, for the junction, but yes it is a four way, sorry.)

ajardoor 09-18-2021 05:51 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain objects to the bandits surprising and attacking him. I think he did not make it clear that he was flanking the zombies from the side.

Players, I am curious what you say about this. You might convince me of one thing or another, but right now I am of the opinion the attack is valid.

ajardoor 09-18-2021 06:08 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
BTW, I made a small map in Paint.

The GREEN X on the map is apparently where Bain says he sneaked over to. I thought he was at the YELLOW X.

The party is at the BLUE X. The bandit ambushers are at the RED X.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2qnmkg0yl...mbush.png?dl=0

PumpkinLorica 09-18-2021 01:10 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain said that he walked ahead of us, he took cover and shoot. He isn’t behind us.
We made a defensive line with Vic to let Bain flank, and Telrith put a gokek to watch the rear.
The gokek can tell us of the bandits because he is watching to that direction.

This is the map.

It bothers me you argue we didn’t notice a watch post after walking the place 2 or 3 times already. Even if the watch post was new, we should have noticed the change. Bain even rolled observation before the fight. You are saying we didn't investigate about the “severed head”, but you gave us that information after the combat started. You only mentioned the zombies, nothing new or of interest.

vicious Violence 09-18-2021 02:43 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2396923)
Bain said that he walked ahead of us, he took cover and shoot. He isnít behind us.
We made a defensive line with Vic to let Bain flank, and Telrith put a gokek to watch the rear.
The gokek can tell us of the bandits because he is watching to that direction.

This is the map.

It bothers me you argue we didnít notice a watch post after walking the place 2 or 3 times already. Even if the watch post was new, we should have noticed the change. Bain even rolled observation before the fight. You are saying we didn't investigate about the ďsevered headĒ, but you gave us that information after the combat started. You only mentioned the zombies, nothing new or of interest.

I agree with Hide/Pumpkin Lorica/Ericthered, we have always checked corners and would not engage a fight in such an awkward position. That is really uncommon, we always have our sniper (Bain) and the main force trying to stop being surrounded attacked by the sides. Bain did do a perception check upon entering.

ericthered 09-18-2021 05:11 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
So far this game has been run in a very "Don't Bog it down" fashion. Complex plans outside of direct combat have been discouraged, digging deep into the contents of rooms has been discouraged, descriptions of geometry and rooms have been minimal, and actions have been streamlined to focus on the core activity of combat.



This is something that's frustrated me at times, because its not how I'm used to playing, but I've adjusted and made note of the changed style, and its fine, as long as its consistent.



Now this has been all flipped on its head in a "Gotcha" moment. "You didn't investigate the head" is a fine GM statement in a Gygaxian style game, but that's not what we've been playing. You will be forcing us to investigate every single little thing you say from now on, because it might be something.



Trying to suddenly catch Bain in the light feels very similar: we've mostly been working with abstracted distances and layouts: earlier in the game I repeatedly tried to force narrow tunnel situations and you mostly ignored them. Now you seem to be trying to invoke geometry for NPC gain.


Please be consistent about what gets ignored and streamlined.

ajardoor 09-18-2021 11:07 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
The guard post came up during the last time you guys came to this Cave, IIRC. I figured you'd know about it. I also noted that you explicitly could not engage the zombies in a fight. That being said, I think I can see your point about not describing the cave enough.

That being said, I guess we can simply rule Bain did not get attacked by the bandits. He is out of sight with them, mutually. The bandits instead try to attack Gathika, Telrith, the earth elemental and Vic. I do not think you guys get a defense against the attack from behind, but the elemental sees it coming and can make a sacrificial block or dodge? (Maybe the bandits also get bigger darkness penalties to attack rolls?)

Would that ruling pass your smell test, players?

vicious Violence 09-18-2021 11:27 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Since Bushy can see the attackers coming, he should let us know that enemies are coming. Vic would dodge the attack.

PumpkinLorica 09-19-2021 01:54 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
OK, the only detail left is the attack against the rest of us. I agree with Vic about the gokek and our defenses. Telrith commanded his gokek to watch the rear, so he had 2 or 3 chances to snitch on the bandits. Bushy is such a great name for this one uwu;

I don’t mind the bandits joining the fight, but this ambush smells of a rock falling!

ajardoor 09-19-2021 07:32 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2396957)
Since Bushy can see the attackers coming, he should let us know that enemies are coming. Vic would dodge the attack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2396964)
OK, the only detail left is the attack against the rest of us. I agree with Vic about the gokek and our defenses. Telrith commanded his gokek to watch the rear, so he had 2 or 3 chances to snitch on the bandits. Bushy is such a great name for this one uwu;

I donít mind the bandits joining the fight, but this ambush smells of a rock falling!

I can allow for a Defense roll, yes.

Hide 09-19-2021 01:43 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
@ajardoor, once things are in order I can help you with the attack rolls, just let me know the targets, attacks, SL/penalties.

ajardoor 09-20-2021 02:10 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Lemme just adjust the IC post...

ericthered 09-20-2021 09:10 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bushy Fails his feverish sacrificial dodge, and is down 1 FP.

If these are attacks at the ground (which the damage seems to indicate that they are), I don't think we can actually dodge them, due to the massive radius (depending on how far they miss). On the other hand, Armor should protect normally against the damage.

Please et me know before I decide spend FP on a dodge or not.

vicious Violence 09-20-2021 11:40 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic parries the crossbow shot (sl 12, rolled 9).

PumpkinLorica 09-20-2021 04:49 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika retreats and dodges the grenade 11/11, but receives splash damage of 1d-1-2 = 3 (including her DR)

ajardoor 09-20-2021 10:28 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2397044)
If these are attacks at the ground (which the damage seems to indicate that they are), I don't think we can actually dodge them, due to the massive radius (depending on how far they miss). On the other hand, Armor should protect normally against the damage.

Ah, nope, the throws are aimed AT you, not the ground hex. The radius is only 2 yards. Armor protects, but a direct hit divides the DR by 5, a fire on the ground has reduced damage and you get full DR against it.

ajardoor 09-20-2021 10:30 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2397062)
Vic parries the crossbow shot (sl 12, rolled 9).

Do you have the Parry Missile skill or something? Because I think you can only Block or Dodge missiles under normal circumstances.

Hide 09-21-2021 02:57 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2397094)
Do you have the Parry Missile skill or something? Because I think you can only Block or Dodge missiles under normal circumstances.

Just to save some time, yes he does, that's also the right SL AFAIK. He has employed it before.

ajardoor 09-21-2021 08:21 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Good. I think that resolves the attack on Vic and Gathika, Telrith has one roll to consider before we move on.

ericthered 09-21-2021 08:26 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith desperately (-1FP) dodges, and succeeds narrowly. (rolled 10 vs. 11 -- that FP was well spent!)

ajardoor 09-22-2021 02:51 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic managed to smack down three zombies out of the fight, one was destroyed outright.

Gathika, you should act now, then Telrith. You only take half damage from the fire if you move out (at least 2 yards) of the radius during your turn. Ditto the earth elemental.

You can still see the 4 bandits, who stepped out from the wall cover during their turn.

PumpkinLorica 09-22-2021 11:05 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika quits casting turn zombie and casts create water to put down the fire 14-3/6, the spell succeeds!

ajardoor 09-24-2021 10:23 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika, you act before Telrith, what do you do?

Hide 09-25-2021 12:52 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
How far is the enemy from our position?

ajardoor 09-26-2021 01:54 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2397538)
How far is the enemy from our position?

5 yards from the party members at the entrance to the mess hall. Further away for Bain.

Hide 09-26-2021 09:27 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Alright, Bain will wait for Gathika to make her diplimatic effort.

PumpkinLorica 09-27-2021 12:25 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika tells the bandits to surrender bloolust 15/9, diplomacy 12/11

ericthered 09-27-2021 09:03 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
That's truce... not surrender... which is a fine counter-offer and start of negotiations.

Hide 09-27-2021 11:29 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
This is a good time for brainstorming in the OOC.

ericthered 09-28-2021 08:47 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
I suggest giving them a vocabulary lesson and asking them to surrender properly. We may want to give them guarantees if they surrender though.

vicious Violence 09-28-2021 10:51 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
I agree with Eric, we cannot abide with EXPLETIVEwads.

vicious Violence 09-28-2021 09:32 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic while the enemies are thinking over their surrender does the following actions:

Detect lies, rolled 12, sl 12 (to see if they are really surrendering)0
Carousing rolled 7, skill level 11 (to convince the enemies to throw their weapons and surrender)
First aid for Gathika rolled 12, sl 14
Scrounging rolled 13 skill level 15 (to find anything useful for the first aid)

PumpkinLorica 09-29-2021 12:37 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika makes another diplomacy check 12/11. She asks the bandits to come out and talk.

ericthered 09-29-2021 08:32 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
We could offer that they tell us what's in the caves beyond, and then leave these caves and never come back. If they reject that, I say we kill them.

ajardoor 09-29-2021 08:11 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Pretty aggressive there, Telrith. Could be prudent, what say you, other players?

vicious Violence 09-29-2021 10:40 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Sure let's ask, but kill them anyway.

ericthered 09-30-2021 10:58 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Lets send slateman around the corner with a light to count them. Then we'll go in and clean them out.

Hide 09-30-2021 11:20 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Alright, Bain will take aim, He's still taking cover; remember to take one of the sunlight-sticks.

ajardoor 10-01-2021 04:22 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2398116)
Alright, Bain will take aim, He's still taking cover; remember to take one of the sunlight-sticks.

Where are you taking cover? Changing position from where you stood in the mess hall? Because you can't see into the guard post from the mess hall. Taking position at the entrance to the mess hall?

ericthered 10-01-2021 11:11 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bushy should watch our rear*, with one of the sun sticks if that won't illuminate us... how much light do the sunsticks give?



*we have an inconvenient crossroads giving us three rears: I think the forward entrance gives us the most risk, and should thus be patrolled, leaving the mess hall at our backs, and the entrance to the cave to the right.



Gathika, could you cover one of the sun sticks for a moment and reveal it only if we need it?

ajardoor 10-01-2021 02:22 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2398241)
Bushy should watch our rear*, with one of the sun sticks if that won't illuminate us... how much light do the sunsticks give?

Good as a torch, IIRC. At least. The value is in their longevity, not their brightness.

ericthered 10-01-2021 02:40 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2398260)
Good as a torch, IIRC. At least. The value is in their longevity, not their brightness.


So they illuminate up to 6 yards away, though at a -3 penalty. Thanks. I think we should be able to send bushy 8 yards away from the party with the light stick, to keep the shadows around Bain intact. And hopefully a similar distance for slateman going around the corner.

Hide 10-01-2021 06:58 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2398220)
Where are you taking cover? Changing position from where you stood in the mess hall? Because you can't see into the guard post from the mess hall. Taking position at the entrance to the mess hall?

He is taking cover “around the corner”, at least half of his body should be protected. Otherwise, let me know the details to think of a plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2398261)
So they illuminate up to 6 yards away, though at a -3 penalty. Thanks. I think we should be able to send bushy 8 yards away from the party with the light stick, to keep the shadows around Bain intact. And hopefully a similar distance for slateman going around the corner.

Gathika made the light-sticks bright as daylight. Remember she took a lot of breaks to make them? Per DFRPG Exploits, that is a 4-yard radius without penalties and up to 12 yards at -3.

The light sticks will last about a week!

ajardoor 10-02-2021 02:24 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2398286)
He is taking cover ďaround the cornerĒ, at least half of his body should be protected. Otherwise, let me know the details to think of a plan.

Gathika made the light-sticks bright as daylight. Remember she took a lot of breaks to make them? Per DFRPG Exploits, that is a 4-yard radius without penalties and up to 12 yards at -3.

The light sticks will last about a week!

Remember that map drawing I showed you guys a while back? When we were discussing who got hit by the firebombs? The guard post opening is across the way from the entrance to the mess hall, albeit a sharp corner from there hides most of the room from the mess hall.

Duly noted on the daylight.

Can I have some quick stats on the elemental you're sending up?
DR, HP, Per, HT, traits, and other important bits?
Just in case...

Hide 10-03-2021 08:19 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2398313)
Remember that map drawing I showed you guys a while back?(...)

Yes, but things changed. At least the partyís position relative to the bandits should be different.

If the bandits managed to attack the other members in the party at range, then Bain should be able to fight back using a wall/corner as partial cover.

ajardoor 10-04-2021 05:35 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2398453)
Yes, but things changed. At least the partyís position relative to the bandits should be different.

If the bandits managed to attack the other members in the party at range, then Bain should be able to fight back using a wall/corner as partial cover.

I brung up the map mostly because the layout of the caves did NOT change. What I wanted to know, was how your position DID change. Which you just did, thank you.

You're behind a wall/corner across from the guard post. That probably puts you around the mess hall entrance.

Telrith, can you give me those stats on the elemental soon? I'll need them to move the game forward when you send it over to scan the hiding bandits.

ericthered 10-04-2021 09:10 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2398478)
Telrith, can you give me those stats on the elemental soon? I'll need them to move the game forward when you send it over to scan the hiding bandits.

Slateman is a talking stone from DF 9: Summoners page 28, with the adjustments in this post.

Which is to say:
ST 11
DX 8
IQ 6
HT 10

HP 11
Per 6
Will 6
FP 10

DR is 6: this is not armor, but DR.
weapon is an axe (skill 9) doing 1d6+3 cutting
The elemental is homogeneous, and doesn't eat, drink, breathe, or sleep.

ajardoor 10-04-2021 05:29 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Thank you, moving on.

PumpkinLorica 10-07-2021 02:09 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika takes all out defense. She's ready to give the signal (at the right time).

Hide 10-08-2021 03:18 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain cuts the distance from 5 to 3 yards, and flanks the enemy. He takes an AOA double.

First, he goes for a guy holding his sword:

The first attack strikes true, it’s a critical hit!
Shooting 19 (DWA, acc, aim, range: 15,3,2, -1)
Hide: 3D6 → 6(4 +1 +1)

Critical hit table:
Hide: 3D6 → 12(3 +5 +4)
The guy drops anything he’s holding.

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 8(4 +4)
Up to 24 HP of injury.

After successfully fast-drawing and readying to deliver the following shots, the second attack and the third attack miss.

Shooting 16 (DWA, acc, quick-shooting, range: 15,3, -1, -1)
Hide: 3D6 → 17(6 +6 +5)
Shooting 16 (Bow, acc, quick-shooting, range: 15,3, -1, -1)
Hide: 3D6 → 17(6 +5 +6)

ajardoor 10-08-2021 10:41 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Flank the enemy? How do you plan to do that?
The bad guys are at the end of the room, against a wall. To get to their side, you'd have to sneak in and take up position next to them, which is a distance of only a 2 yards (the room is not that wide).
I'm not saying you cannot do it, but were you in line with the rest of the party or covering them from the mess hall entrance before the bad guys started shooting?

vicious Violence 10-08-2021 11:07 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic will move to one meter in front of the remaining enemies. and will wait.

ericthered 10-08-2021 11:24 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Slateman steps forward and should be within striking range ... (6 yards away around the corner to start -4 yards move -1 yard step - 1 yard axe read).

The axe misses, but he's up close and engaged now.

Telrith will move forward 3 yards (so should be 2 yards away now)

Do they all fit behind the one table? what armor are they wearing? do they seem to have light sources of their own?

ajardoor 10-09-2021 01:40 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2398956)
Do they all fit behind the one table? what armor are they wearing? do they seem to have light sources of their own?

Yes. Leather armor, at best. No, nothing that you can see them holding.

ajardoor 10-09-2021 08:18 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2398947)
Flank the enemy? How do you plan to do that?
The bad guys are at the end of the room, against a wall. To get to their side, you'd have to sneak in and take up position next to them, which is a distance of only a 2 yards (the room is not that wide).
I'm not saying you cannot do it, but were you in line with the rest of the party or covering them from the mess hall entrance before the bad guys started shooting?

Still waiting on Bain's response to this post. Bain, please clarify where in the caves you are positioning yourself.

Hide 10-09-2021 10:47 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2399099)
Still waiting on Bain's response to this post (...)

I understand what you mean.

Bain was behind the defensive line (because his friends moved towards the enemy as he was aiming from his position, then the bandits attacked); so, let's say he moves to one of the sides of said line to get a clear shot.

ajardoor 10-10-2021 05:06 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Alright, thank you.

PumpkinLorica 10-10-2021 05:11 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika steps forward and all out defends.

Hide 10-11-2021 12:08 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain makes a deceptive AOA determined to shoot down 2 bandits (swordsman and crossbowman):

Successful fast-draw (15) 12 and ready (15) 15:

Shooting 12 (DWA, acc, AOA, range, quick-shooting, deceptive -2: 15, 3, 1, -1, -1, -4)
Hide: 3D6 → 12(5 +4 +3)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 8(3 +5)
Up to 24 HP of injury.

Successful fast-draw (15) 13 and ready (15) 12:

Shooting 12 (DWA, acc, AOA, range, quick-shooting, deceptive -2: 15, 3, 1, -1, -1, -4)
Hide: 3D6 → 11(5 +4 +2)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 5(3 +2)
Up to 18 HP of injury.

vicious Violence 10-11-2021 12:43 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic performs a deceptive attackto attack the remaining crossbowmanís arm (skill level 16 Ė 4 deceptive attack -2 to attack the arm, roll 10 to succeed). ROLLED 9. This would reduce his defense rolls by -2, akin to Bainís attacks.

If it connects, it is up to 16 damage (1d6+6 cut) rolled 5

ajardoor 10-11-2021 04:16 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2399208)
Bain makes a deceptive AOA determined to shoot down 2 bandits (swordsman and crossbowman):

Successful fast-draw (15) 12 and ready (15) 15:

Shooting 12 (DWA, acc, AOA, range, quick-shooting, deceptive -2: 15, 3, 1, -1, -1, -4)
Hide: 3D6 → 12(5 +4 +3)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 8(3 +5)
Up to 24 HP of injury.

Successful fast-draw (15) 13 and ready (15) 12:

Shooting 12 (DWA, acc, AOA, range, quick-shooting, deceptive -2: 15, 3, 1, -1, -1, -4)
Hide: 3D6 → 11(5 +4 +2)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 5(3 +2)
Up to 18 HP of injury.

Rolled Dodge for both targets, both failed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2399213)
Vic performs a deceptive attackto attack the remaining crossbowmanís arm (skill level 16 Ė 4 deceptive attack -2 to attack the arm, roll 10 to succeed). ROLLED 9. This would reduce his defense rolls by -2, akin to Bainís attacks.

If it connects, it is up to 16 damage (1d6+6 cut) rolled 5

Rolled Parry for target, failed.

vicious Violence 10-11-2021 10:52 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vicís plan is for the last bandit to survive, even though he aimed for an arm (for the non-lethal aspect), he hadnít noticed that they were fighting women as well.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.