Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Play By Post (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=172443)

Hide 07-30-2021 04:05 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Erick, can you turn metal to stone, and then stone to earth? That would help us crack the door.

ericthered 07-30-2021 04:11 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2390535)
Erick, can you turn metal to stone, and then stone to earth? That would help us crack the door.

Stone to earth can also be used as metal to earth. It does not do metal to stone, must be cast on the entirety of a solid piece, and costs 12 energy per cubic yard.

Fortunately since a cubic yard of metal tends to weigh multiple tons, one cubic yard should suffice to turn the entire door to earth. It will just be a lot of energy.

Lets see what the Cat's dispelling does.

PumpkinLorica 07-30-2021 04:27 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2390522)
<SNIP> (OC: Gathika, tell me exactly what spell you are casting. Consult the DF Spells book and repeat what it says, please.)

I found there is a magelock spell, so dispel magic may not work! (=´∇`=)

vicious Violence 07-30-2021 04:42 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2390470)
What's the material construction of the stuff around the door? What's the frame of the door made of? What is the substance the frame is set in?

What are the freed prisoners doing? hanging out in their old room or hanging out behind us (hopefully out of combat range)

Telrith may be able to peel the door out of the wall.

I think the sweat is not worth it at this point. Let's leave these people and have “mercy” on Mendel.

ericthered 07-30-2021 04:42 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2390542)
I found there is a magelock spell, so dispel magic may not work! (=´∇`=)

Magelock is just a lock on the door, not a lock against magic: dispel magic, if that's the spell you have, should have a good shot at taking it out.

PumpkinLorica 07-30-2021 05:50 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
I think so too, but maybe our gm cosiders magelock enchants the door. Anyway, the peasants don't want to come along, so we don't have to stay there. Let's go somewhere else.

ajardoor 07-31-2021 03:38 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
The prisoners want to rest a little, and then leave the caves completely and get back to the Keep.

As for Dispel Magic, I will just roll the spells targeted now...
Gathika, you think your spell worked.

Hide 07-31-2021 12:33 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2390635)
COMRADES! I REALIZED IT WORKED! I CAN HEAR THE VOICES CALLING, CURSING LOUD WITH THE CHAOS!

So you want to come back?

PumpkinLorica 07-31-2021 04:38 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2390641)
So you want to come back?

Vic has a point and Gathika has a point.
We don’t want them if they behave like parasites.

The peasants are ungrateful and USELESS.

They are out of the caves. So let’s go back.

GATHIKA GIVES THEM ONE LAST CHANCE TO HELP. IF THEY FOLLOW US AND DONT FIGHT WITH US GATHIKA WILL BE OFFENDED AND SHE WILL DELIVER HER ANSWER. SHE TELLS EVERYBODY SO.
Gathika heals her missing 3 HP of energy.

Minor healing (14-3), 3d6=11, success.

vicious Violence 07-31-2021 09:04 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
vic buys carousing with one cp, it would end at skill level 10.

PumpkinLorica 07-31-2021 10:09 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika casts essential food and rests (14) 11.

PumpkinLorica 07-31-2021 10:14 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
She also casts watchdog (14) 7, and continues to rest (she also eats).

Hide 07-31-2021 10:56 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain takes his meal of the day.

Then he sets up a few traps to prevent the enemies, and covers them with camouflage:

Traps (12) 10… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(1 +5 +4)
Camouflage (12) 7… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(3 +1 +3)

He rolls observation and makes watch from a vantage point (6 yards of height, 4 yards of distance), camouflaged and ready.

Observation (12) 5… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 5(2 +1 +2)
Camouflage (17) 7… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(1 +3 +3)

Bain also estimates the trip's lenght (destination: town)
Navigation (14+2) 16… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 16(6 +5 +5)

Finally, the soldier roll to boost Vic's carousing/request aid:
Soldier (12) 10… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(2 +3 +5)

vicious Violence 07-31-2021 11:04 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Rolled 12 on carousing (sl 11 with Bain’s help) Hopefully the good mood improves the peoples perception.

ajardoor 08-01-2021 08:26 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2390715)
Finally, the soldier roll to boost Vic's carousing/request aid:
Soldier (12) 10… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(2 +3 +5)

Please, in the future, make sure your Soldier is actually relevant before you roll it. I suggest you re-read the skill's entry in the book and memorise what it actually applies to.

Hide 08-01-2021 01:41 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2390741)
Please, in the future, make sure your Soldier is actually relevant before you roll it. I suggest you re-read the skill's entry in the book and memorise what it actually applies to.

Relax my friend, I understand the skill.

Perhaps I have to explain myself better:

Parting from the IC, Bain is taking the soldier roll to provide the villagers with details about the party's previous encounters; he is sharing his experience so they can make a more educated choice. He wants to stress the fact it is dangerous to behave like sheep.

In other words, Bain is just reporting the highlights of his "patrols"; reporting is quite a standard thing for a soldier, and the roll is there for such purpose.

On the other hand, whether doing this grants Vic a bonus to carousing (who is working along Bain's lines to request the villagers to take arms) is something else, you have final say on that, and I respect it.

ajardoor 08-02-2021 04:33 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Alright, but the former captives probably won't be persuaded to fight.

Now, are you going to stay at the Caves or start heading back to the Keep tomorrow?

BTW, random encounter.

PumpkinLorica 08-02-2021 09:54 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika did Watchdog

ericthered 08-02-2021 10:28 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Have we actually asked them to pick up weapons and follow us around with them without fighting? Like say, the horse (mule?) and cart? Or have we only tried to get them on the front lines?

Telrith will try to fast talk them into following the party around and "Guarding" the wagon.

"You don't actually have to guard the wagon, you just have to stand around it with weapons and armor. They won't actually trust you to be effective at guarding the wagon, so they'll protect the wagon, and thus, protect you. They should head back to town in a few days, and we'll probably find food for the journey in the meantime. You'll be safer behind us than you will on the road home: we've never made a trip without being attacked."

I rolled an 8! that's a success by 4.


Where does the attack take place, what time is it, and what was the party doing?

PumpkinLorica 08-02-2021 11:43 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
@Ericthered

I read the conflict is that the peasants don’t want to pick the swords and follow us. I understand they do not have to fight, only for self-defense.

I am pretty sure we can hold the line.

I also agree with the party in that one of them has to join us in the front-line, I do not trust these people, so for me it is a deal-breaker. If the peasants agree to follow us and “send” one of them to the front-line, then your fast-talk roll is worth a shot.

Right now, we are in the middle of the night.

----------------------------------------------------------

Gathika casts sunlight 14/13. She warns her friends first, then she casts it. It is successful.
Now the monsters that are in the darkness will be dazzled (they have to roll HT AFAIK).

Hide 08-02-2021 03:34 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Hey there, l got a few questions/concerns:
  1. How many prisoners are with us?
  2. Let’s assume the goblins approached silently with stealth; Gathika casted watchdog, so the goblins should have been detected before they could actually ambush the party. And since they are attacking from the distance, we may have a chance to take action before combat starts; I assume this is where the per/observation rolls take place, including Gathika’s sunlight spell.
  3. On the other hand, Vic picked a safe place with survival; so, to attack us, the goblins must have gotten closer (and stand in the open, albeit with stealth):
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2390727)
    (...) the party make camp just outside the canyon, away from any direct lines of sight(...)

  4. The goblins took stealth under the protection of the night, but now that they attack with the sun up, their stealth breaks (they are in plain sight).
  5. Did Telrith do stuff before going to bed?
  6. Finally, Bain set traps and camouflaged them to prevent the enemies from approaching, some should have fell for it. He was also doing watch.

Thank you!

ajardoor 08-02-2021 04:04 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2390889)
Hey there, l got a few questions/concerns:
  1. How many prisoners are with us?
  2. Let’s assume the goblins approached silently with stealth; Gathika casted watchdog, so the goblins should have been detected before they could actually ambush the party. And since they are attacking from the distance, we may have a chance to take action before combat starts; I assume this is where the per/observation rolls take place, including Gathika’s sunlight spell.
  3. On the other hand, Vic picked a safe place with survival; so, to attack us, the goblins must have gotten closer (and stand in the open, albeit with stealth):
  4. The goblins took stealth under the protection of the night, but now that they attack with the sun up, their stealth breaks (they are in plain sight).
  5. Did Telrith do stuff before going to bed?
  6. Finally, Bain set traps and camouflaged them to prevent the enemies from approaching, some should have fell for it. He was also doing watch.

Thank you!

Five prisoners.

Telrith declared his preparations before the random encounter roll was made. Read the IC thread.

The bad guys avoided the Watchdog spell by keeping their distance. Ditto the noisemaker traps.

Gathika's spell is cast on HER turn, the bad guys are still hidden until then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2390854)
Have we actually asked them to pick up weapons and follow us around with them without fighting? Like say, the horse (mule?) and cart? Or have we only tried to get them on the front lines?

Telrith will try to fast talk them into following the party around and "Guarding" the wagon. I rolled an 8! that's a success by 4.

Where does the attack take place, what time is it, and what was the party doing?

The former prisoners do grab weapons and fight in self-defense, they just do not want to delve dungeons.

Your camp outside the canyon. At night. Midnight. Probably sleeping.

ericthered 08-02-2021 04:31 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2390890)
Telrith declared his preparations before the random encounter roll was made. Read the IC thread.

Huh? which ever post are you referring to? I have no memory of this.

Quote:

The bad guys avoided the Watchdog spell by keeping their distance. Ditto the noisemaker traps.

Your camp outside the canyon. At night. Midnight. Probably sleeping.
So they're hitting in the face in the dark while we're prone from approximately how far away?

And a proper camp setup has Telrith setting up his standard fort.


Which is all to say, lets establish what's going on and process it.

Hide 08-02-2021 07:36 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain suceeded with his observation roll (12) 11, but only learns the party is under attack.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2390890)
(...) Gathika's spell is cast on HER turn, the bad guys are still hidden until then (...)

OK, taking her words into accout, Bain will wait for Gathika; then he will strike.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2390894)
So they're hitting in the face in the dark while we're prone from approximately how far away?

IMO, it should be about 7 yards.

PumpkinLorica 08-02-2021 09:47 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
@erictehered bring the gokeks to cover you and I. Make one help you put the shield on, to join the fight more quickly. I can heal you after sunlight is cast!

vicious Violence 08-02-2021 11:30 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic tries to see where the assault is coming from, but fails. Thankfully the attack against him misses him barely.

On his turn Vic waits for Gathika's spell.

Hide 08-03-2021 02:44 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
The requested NPC rolls have been made!

What is the height they are at, 6 yards, right?
That returns the -3 you gave them, at 10 yards of distance (firing downward).

vicious Violence 08-03-2021 02:04 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic goes to the nearest tree with an enemy/enemies. if he cannot reach with his sword he will try to cut down the tree. Move is 4. Always facing towards the enemies, sword up ready to parry.

Hide 08-03-2021 02:48 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain takes an AOA double, he delivers 3 arrows, one of them hits the mark.

Fast-Draw (14) 13 & Ready (14) 13:
Shooting 11 (13+3-3-2: Vitals-TA, Acc, Range, SM).
3d6=5, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 3 IMP.
3d6= 5+1+4 (2) * 3 IMP.
It deals up to 30 HP of injury.

He attacks one of the Chautchos that are not dazzled.

ajardoor 08-03-2021 04:28 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide (Post 2390924)
What is the height they are at, 6 yards, right?
That returns the -3 you gave them, at 10 yards of distance (firing downward).

That is correct. And they are not goblins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2390992)
Vic goes to the nearest tree with an enemy/enemies. if he cannot reach with his sword he will try to cut down the tree. Move is 4. Always facing towards the enemies, sword up ready to parry.

Vic will have to climb over the earth walls of their camp first.

PumpkinLorica 08-03-2021 04:42 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Did the poison have an effect on the people? Are they the Chautcho?

ericthered 08-04-2021 10:40 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith will grab his shield. "Obsidiax! Redstone! get in front of me!"


OCC: more context: are we headed towards town or the lizardmen?
When team "not-delvers" say they won't delve dungeons, what exactly does that entail? will they go on detours through the woods that don't expect to see fighting? will they follow behind at a safe distance? what exactly are the limits?

ajardoor 08-04-2021 01:40 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2391008)
Did the poison have an effect on the people? Are they the Chautcho?

Yes and yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2391107)
When team "not-delvers" say they won't delve dungeons, what exactly does that entail? will they go on detours through the woods that don't expect to see fighting? will they follow behind at a safe distance? what exactly are the limits?

They just want to go back to the Keep ASAP. Maybe. Yes. Fights unnecessary for self-defense, and dangers or sidetracks not necessary for going to the Keep.

ericthered 08-04-2021 01:49 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2391124)
They just want to go back to the Keep ASAP. Maybe. Yes. Fights unnecessary for self-defense, and dangers or sidetracks not necessary for going to the Keep.


But might be necessary for keeping an armed guard that keeps you from being slaughtered by murderous tree climbers with blow darts?

Did my fast talk roll have any effect?

Hide 08-04-2021 03:08 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain takes an AOA double; he cuts 3 yards up and delivers another volley of 3 arrows against the 3 monsters (333!). This reduces the effective distance to about 7 yards, resulting in a penalty of -6 in combination for the monster’s SM and quick-shooting.

As the monsters try to escape one after another using the threes, he shoots. The 3 creatures running away take 24, 32 and 8 HP of injury (this one is reeling and in shock!).

The first arrow flies away, missing its mark and the other Chautcho on its path; however…

The second arrow strikes:
Fast-Draw (14) 10 & ready (14) 10:
Shooting: 11 (14+3-3-2-1: DWA, acc, range, SM, quick-shooting).
Hide: 3D6 → 10(1 +5 +4)
3d6=10, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
2d6= 2+6+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
It deals up to 24 HP of injury to the Chautcho at the end of the line.

Then, overpenetration:
Basic damage: 12.
Cover DR: 10 HP.
Residual damage: 2 HP (2) *2 IMP.
Overpenetration Injury = 4 HP, to the next Chautcho in the line.

And the third arrow lands true as well:
Fast-Draw (14) 8 & ready (14) 5:
Shooting: 11 (14+3-3-2-1: DWA, acc, range, SM, quick-shooting).
Hide: 3D6 → 11(3 +6 +2)
3d6=11, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
2d6= 5+5+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
It deals up to 28 HP of injury, to the Chautcho that received the previous 4 HP damage.

Overpenetration:
Basic damage: 14.
Cover DR: 10 HP.
Residual damage: 14-10 = 4 HP (2) *2
Overpenetration Injury = 8 HP, to the next standing Chautcho in the line.

vicious Violence 08-04-2021 04:06 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic should be in range for attack, if possible he will attack the reeling enemy to stop him from running away.

Hide 08-04-2021 04:13 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Three monsters recover from the flash!
  1. 3d6 = 3 +3 +3 9.
  2. 3d6 = 1 +5 +4 10.
  3. 3d6 = 3 +4 +2 9.
  4. 3d6 = 6 +6 +1 13.
  5. 3d6 = 5 +6 +5 16.

PumpkinLorica 08-04-2021 04:41 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
What is the effect of the poison? Is Telrith OK? If he is in bad shape Gathika will heal him. Otherwise she does All-Out-Defense.

PumpkinLorica 08-04-2021 06:26 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2391125)
<SNIP> the prisoners take cover from the little psychos spoiling their sleep<SNIP>

BUT THEY HAVE SWORDS AND GOOD ARMOR! If they don't lift a finger, I wonder if GATHIKA will lift her fingers to help them...

ajardoor 08-05-2021 12:21 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2391126)
But might be necessary for keeping an armed guard that keeps you from being slaughtered by murderous tree climbers with blow darts?

Did my fast talk roll have any effect?

Sure, the prisoners will attack any enemy who gets close.
Fast-Talk is a bad choice of influence skill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious Violence (Post 2391135)
Vic should be in range for attack, if possible he will attack the reeling enemy to stop him from running away.

Most of the bad guys are 6 yards up in the trees, which are 7 to 10 yards away from camp. And you move 4 yards each turn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2391138)
What is the effect of the poison? Is Telrith OK? If he is in bad shape Gathika will heal him. Otherwise she does All-Out-Defense.

He took one more extra point of toxic injury from the poison, IIRC.

Hide 08-05-2021 02:52 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
As the enemies try to flee, Bain cuts 3 yard of distance and launches an AOA double; he takes down 2 monsters dealing 18 and 22 HP of injury, respectively.

His first arrow is aimed to the vitals:

Fast-Draw (14) 8 & Ready (14) 14, successful.
Shooting: 11 (13+3-2-1-2: Vitals, acc, range, quick-shooting, SM).
Hide: 3D6 → 10(4 +3 +3)
3d6=10, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 3 IMP.
2d6= 1+1+4 (2) * 3 IMP.
It deals up to 18 HP of injury.

The second attack comes out as a DWA; the second arrow hits, but the third one “stops” at the ready manoeuvre:

Fast-Draw (14) 13 & Ready (14) 10, successful.
Shooting: 12 (14+3-2-1-2: DWA, acc, range, quick-shooting, SM).
Hide: 3D6 → 11(2 +6 +3)
3d6=11, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
2d6= 6+1+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
It deals up to 22 HP of injury.

ericthered 08-05-2021 09:10 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith will grab his axe.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2391184)
Sure, the prisoners will attack any enemy who gets close.
Fast-Talk is a bad choice of influence skill.

could you explain how this effects the prisoner's response? And could you possibly be more descriptive than "Bad Choice"?


If its just a bad choice overall in your opinion and you didn't mention it when I submitted it on my character sheet I'm going to feel a little cheated.

ajardoor 08-05-2021 12:13 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2391222)
could you explain how this effects the prisoner's response? And could you possibly be more descriptive than "Bad Choice"?

If its just a bad choice overall in your opinion and you didn't mention it when I submitted it on my character sheet I'm going to feel a little cheated.

No, I mean, Fast-Talk for a bad choice for getting people to fight. Fast-Talk is more appropriate for lying or distracting and so on.

Leadership is a better skill for making people fight.

Hide 08-05-2021 06:09 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
During turn 4, only one monster recovers (HT 10):
  1. 3d6 = 3 +1 +2 6
  2. 3d6 = 4 +5 +3 12
  3. 3d6 = 6 +3 +4 13

PumpkinLorica 08-05-2021 06:11 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika charges to battle!

vicious Violence 08-05-2021 07:57 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic has moved 8 yards until now. He takes a step (9 yards), drops his sword and pulls out the crossbow (as a free action becuase it is slinged). Vic braces and aims to shoot against the fleeing monster. He will shoot in turn 4.

ajardoor 08-06-2021 06:00 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Okay, Bain? You get to act before Vic does. And thanks for rolling for the enemies.

ericthered 08-06-2021 11:52 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith tries to cast stone missile, but fails his casting roll. He is down 1 ER.



Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2391249)
No, I mean, Fast-Talk for a bad choice for getting people to fight. Fast-Talk is more appropriate for lying or distracting and so on.

Leadership is a better skill for making people fight.

Sure, but Telrith is pointedly saying them don't have to fight. He's asking them to stay near the people who can protect them for just a while longer. And trying to convince them that leaving on their own is certain death.

Hide 08-06-2021 12:35 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain readies another AOA double with DWA, he advances 3 yards and shoots 3 times; two arrows fly straight to the fleeing monsters, and the other one catches a creature off-guard.

He deals an injury of 24, 22 and 24 HP, respectively.

Fast-Draw & Ready done in the previous turn.
Shooting: 14 (15+3-2-2: Bow, acc, range, SM).
Hide: 3D6 → 11(2 +6 +3)
3d6=11, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
2d6= 3+5+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
It deals up to 24 HP of injury, to the furthest monster (the one Vic was trying to kill).

The second and third attacks come out as a DWA:

Fast-Draw (14) 9 & Ready (14) 8, successful.
Shooting: 14 (14+3-1-2: DWA, acc, quick-shooting, SM).
Hide: 3D6 → 10(6 +3 +1)
3d6=10, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
2d6= 4+3+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
It deals up to 22 HP of injury, to the other fleeing monster.

Fast-Draw (14) 14 & Ready (14) 9, successful.
Shooting: 14 (14+3-1-2: DWA, acc, quick-shooting, SM).
Hide: 3D6 → 14(5 +5 +4)
3d6=14, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
2d6= 5+5+4 (2) * 2 IMP.
It deals up to 28 HP of injury, to a standing (blinded) monster.

ajardoor 08-06-2021 02:25 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Only 2 ambushers left.

Hide 08-06-2021 02:52 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2391319)
Okay, Bain? You get to act before Vic does. And thanks for rolling for the enemies.

Alright!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2391384)
Only 2 ambushers left.

After Bain's attack during turn 4, I think there should a single enemy left:

TURN 1, 2/10 kills - 8 left.
1. Arrow
2. Falls and dies, (flash-blind, critical failure)

TURN 2, 4/10 kills - 6 left.
3. Arrow
4. Arrow + Over-Penetration

TURN 3, 6/10 kills - 4 left.
5. Over-Penetration (previous turn) + Arrow (current turn)
6. Arrow

Turn 4, 3/10 kills & any other kill - 0 to 1 left.
7. Arrow
8. Arrow
9. Arrow
10. Awaiting posts!

vicious Violence 08-06-2021 02:59 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
After Bain kills his target, Vic steps forward and makes an all-out attack-determined to shoot down the remaining monster in front of him.

The attack hits with CROSSBOW (9) 11+1+1-2-2: SL, BRACE, AOA, RANGE, SM.
viciousvolience: 3D6 → 9(4 +2 +3), success.

Rolling for damage (1d+1 x2 IMP):
viciousvolience: D6 → 5

It is 12 HP.

Hide 08-06-2021 10:35 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
As the expedition resumes, Bain does the following:

Observation (12+1) 10:
Hide: 3D6 → 10(2 +3 +5)

Stealth (14) 11:
Hide: 3D6 → 11(5 +5 +1)

Camouflage (17) 9:
Hide: 3D6 → 9(5 +2 +2)

PumpkinLorica 08-07-2021 05:04 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika treats the injured (also Telrith) with her medicine skill 13/12 (success). She restores 1 HP, they may heal an extra 1 HP after 30 minutes.

ericthered 08-07-2021 05:16 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
How are the food supplies right now?

ajardoor 08-07-2021 06:05 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
I think you all eat another ration for breakfast. You ate 3 rations yesterday.

Hide 08-07-2021 06:10 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
If the party is OK with Starhold Keep, let's head there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2391550)
How are the food supplies right now?

We have plenty of food, including the food from Vic's survival rolls and Gathika's spells, after today's lunch we have 154 rations left. If we include the villagers, we have 109 rations left.

PumpkinLorica 08-07-2021 06:13 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
To Star-hold keep! We also have a bag of candy. She gives candy to her patients.

ajardoor 08-08-2021 08:25 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
That is 2 votes for the Keep, is it gonna be a tie?

ericthered 08-08-2021 08:56 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith says keep.

vicious Violence 08-08-2021 02:45 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2391633)
Telrith says keep.

Vic says KEEP. Telrith better start raising your shield NOW in case of combat.

PumpkinLorica 08-08-2021 11:51 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika does not consider the lizardmen foes. But just in case, she resisted her bloodlust 15/10.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

ericthered 08-09-2021 08:14 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith umm... succeeded at all of his summoning rolls this morning.



He has one earth servant, Sodmonger, who has a bunch of dry grass sticking out of his back.

He has one axe stone, a slate grey, who we will call axe-splitter
He has a pair of Battle Boulders, crudely shaped elementals sporting oversized rock lumps instead of hands. He names them marble and pestle


Reminder about the templates:


"Battle Bolders":
No Fine Manipulators [-30]
NFM ST adjustment [-4]
remove hamfisted [5]
striker (crushing) [5]
+ 4 ST (NFM -40%) [24]

for 1d6+2 crushing at (8) and DR 7

"Axe Stones"
reduce DR by 1 to 6 [-5]
raise brawling to 9 [1]
axe/mace - 9 [4]

1d6+2 cu at (9) and DR 6

ericthered 08-09-2021 08:15 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith will stand next to Vic. The battle boulders will accompany one pace behind him. sodmonger and axesplitter will stay with the main group.

ajardoor 08-09-2021 10:12 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
The lizardmen aren't interested in fighting, but they aren't interested in helping, either.

PumpkinLorica 08-10-2021 11:53 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika casts essential foods 14/12 (6 FP) and watchdog 14/16 (3 FP). At first she fails wtih watchdog. She tries again an hour later (after dinner).

Watchdog works, 14-1/5 with (9 FP) to protect a 9 yard radius. She goes to sleep.

vicious Violence 08-10-2021 12:04 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Vic rolls 11 (success) for survival. (setting up the camp)

Hide 08-10-2021 12:24 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
As the party gets the camp ready, Bain tries to set up a few traps (12) 15 but they won't work. He tells his friends (The Riddle of Steel) to stay alert because of this.

Then Bain has dinner at the campfire with the party and the villagers. He asks them about their jobs, their names and how they fell in Mendel's trick.

After the dinner, Bain leaves to make watch from a vantage point, observation 12 (8). He picks a location at 6 yards of height and 4 yards away from the camps core. Finally, he carefully camouflages himself 17+1 (14).

He is ready to seize the night.

ericthered 08-10-2021 01:07 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Telrith sets up a 4 yard by 4 yard fort (bigger than usual to accommodate our guests): he is down 6 FP and 2 ER after doing this, and will take a full hour to get everything back.



The elementals will stand just inside the corners, ready for a fight.


We are headed back to town, I believe?

Hide 08-10-2021 03:34 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
@ajardoor

What are the names of the villagers and the lizardmen's captain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered (Post 2391928)
(...) We are headed back to town, I believe?

Indeed!

ajardoor 08-10-2021 03:39 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
The lizardmen did not tell you.
The captives, see the IC thread.

PumpkinLorica 08-10-2021 04:39 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika casts essential food 13/14, she rests and then casts watchdog 14/11. She covers a 9 yard area.

Hide 08-10-2021 09:21 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Bain makes his preparations for the night’s witching hour:

Traps (12+1) 13… success.
Camouflage for traps (12) 10… success.
Observation (luck) (12) 8… success.
Camouflage for self (17) 4… critical success!

He positions himself at 6 yards of height and 4 yards away from the party, ready for combat.

ajardoor 08-11-2021 02:02 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Doing the same thing, Telrith?

ericthered 08-11-2021 10:11 AM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajardoor (Post 2392008)
Doing the same thing, Telrith?

Yes, summoning new elementals, and building the 4x4 fort.

today we have a stone axe and a battle bolder. The stone axe is a speckled granite, and Telrith is calling him the Calico Cleaver. The Battle Bolder is a pale yellow sandstone, and Telrith dubs him Sandwall.

The Elementals will stand guard near the two corners closest to Telrith.

ajardoor 08-11-2021 01:12 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
No random encounter tonight.

Hide 08-11-2021 01:37 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Good! Regarding the bonus CP, I will invest a portion in diplomacy/leadership. Sending the updated information soon. I will write Bain's IC entry in a moment.

PumpkinLorica 08-11-2021 03:08 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
I propose Gathika as a Diplomat, she can make it with her high IQ.

ericthered 08-11-2021 03:11 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica (Post 2392125)
I propose Gathika as a Diplomat, she can make it with her high IQ.

Along with all of her highly pro-social disadvantages...

PumpkinLorica 08-11-2021 06:51 PM

Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC
 
Gathika's dream of becoming a peacemaker is crystalizing (๑✪ᆺ✪๑)
If one option fails, we can use force to advance the cause! It fits the spirit of the Riddle of Steel uwu


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.