Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Card Games (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Car Wars: the Card Game Question (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=179919)

PBarone714 04-21-2022 08:52 AM

Car Wars: the Card Game Question

In Car Wars: the Card Game, if someone attacks your car's BACK side, can you defend with both armor AND the Paint Spray card -OR- a swerve AND a Paint Spray card in ONE MOVE? It seems fair to me because if you also play the Paint Spray card, it gets expended and you can't use it again later.

Also, can you use armor after a SPIN card? The Bootlegger Reverse card says you can use armor after the Bootlegger Reverse.

davester64 04-28-2022 01:53 PM

Re: Car Wars: the Card Game Question

I had to re-read the rules to find these answers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBarone714 (Post 2426697)
In Car Wars: the Card Game, if someone attacks your car's BACK side, can you defend with both armor AND the Paint Spray card -OR- a swerve AND a Paint Spray card in ONE MOVE? It seems fair to me because if you also play the Paint Spray card, it gets expended and you can't use it again later.

Armor isn't needed as Paint Spray causes the Attack card to be discarded.

Quote:

Also, can you use armor after a SPIN card? The Bootlegger Reverse card says you can use armor after the Bootlegger Reverse.
Yes.

PBarone714 05-01-2022 01:59 PM

Hey thank you, Davester64 for your insightful answers to my questions! I was afraid my questions were never going to get answered!

Bravo!!!

davester64 05-13-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBarone714 (Post 2428337)
Hey thank you, Davester64 for your insightful answers to my questions! I was afraid my questions were never going to get answered!

Bravo!!!

Glad to help. I have enjoyed the CWCG in every incarnation it has had. Admittedly I have only played the newest version once. I had no clue there was a Paint Spray card!

PBarone714 05-29-2022 02:40 AM

Hello,
If you get attacked to your car's Front and then play the Bootlegger Reverse, transferring the damage from the Front to the Back, can you then also play the Paint Spray to eliminate the damage and apply the Paint Spray to your foe's car if he fails to Swerve?

Thanks so much.

davester64 06-01-2022 09:33 PM

I think that's a legal play. If anyone from SJG wants to chime in with a ruling saying no, I am fine with that too.

PBarone714 06-06-2022 05:16 AM

Unfortunately, my lot in life is that I play with munchkin rules lawyers who find ways to cheat if something isn't in the rules! They have no respect for my rules judgements as the game owner!