Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   DFRPG Resources (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=152777)

benz72 07-09-2021 05:41 PM

Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armin (Post 2330046)
Here's the new Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf file.

I may be messing something up on the load, but it appears the Bardic Talent is not adding to Musical Instrument, Composition, or Singing; at least not in the same way as other Advantages (Includes +X from Y).

Eidt: Ref DFRPG/Adventurers/17

Armin 07-10-2021 12:33 PM

Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by benz72 (Post 2387679)
I may be messing something up on the load, but it appears the Bardic Talent is not adding to Musical Instrument, Composition, or Singing; at least not in the same way as other Advantages (Includes +X from Y).

Eidt: Ref DFRPG/Adventurers/17

Are you loading any files other than Dungeon Fantasy RPG?

I just created a character with only that file loaded, added all three skills, then Bardic Talent, and I'm clearly seeing all three receive the bonus.

benz72 07-10-2021 04:07 PM

Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armin (Post 2387757)
Are you loading any files other than Dungeon Fantasy RPG?

I just created a character with only that file loaded, added all three skills, then Bardic Talent, and I'm clearly seeing all three receive the bonus.

Seems to work now when I start a new PC, Not sure why it didn't when I loaded the new data set.
Thank You

Armin 07-11-2021 12:34 PM

Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by benz72 (Post 2387806)
Seems to work now when I start a new PC, Not sure why it didn't when I loaded the new data set.
Thank You

If you have an existing character, remember that you have to Resynchronize to update the existing traits on that character to the new data.

benz72 07-11-2021 08:41 PM

Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs
 
Just as a curiosity, is there a way to build new bardsong abilities inside the file? I used powers before, but didnít see a way to do that here.
Thank you.

Armin 07-12-2021 01:04 PM

Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by benz72 (Post 2387969)
Just as a curiosity, is there a way to build new bardsong abilities inside the file? I used powers before, but didn’t see a way to do that here.
Thank you.

There's no builder as such, no, so it would require all manual editing.

ETA: I've added a note to look at adding a builder for the file. If I get to it, it will likely only happen in the GCA5 version.

benz72 07-13-2021 06:41 AM

Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armin (Post 2388038)
There's no builder as such, no, so it would require all manual editing.

ETA: I've added a note to look at adding a builder for the file. If I get to it, it will likely only happen in the GCA5 version.

Much appreciated. Thank you.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.