Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 03:58 AM   #131
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBob View Post
How about his predecessor, the Tin Man?
I think he's a little too far into the silver age for my taste... but so is aluminum man.
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #132
Hemlock
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
He should be considered a villain because of how he gets in the way during a foot chase.
But window man would never do well as a villain. Villains often work in mysterious ways ... and well, with Window Man, you can see right thru him ...

And if a hero ever punched Window Man, you'd find how just what a glass-jaw he is ...
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #133
Anaraxes
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
with Window Man, you can see right thru him
That's why it's so plausible for Aluminum Man to shift the blame to Window Man when the supervillain gets away. Someone has to take the foil fail fall.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #134
crretin
 
crretin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

115: I am not allowed to have a giant killer robot that's obsessed with MLP and calls itself cupcake as my main villain.
crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #135
Jovus
 
Jovus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

116. I am no longer to build a character for a modern military game whose explicit design goal is to perform every single action on Skippy's List.
Jovus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #136
woodchuck
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
That's why it's so plausible for Aluminum Man to shift the blame to Window Man when the supervillain gets away. Someone has to take the foil fail fall.
Then wouldn't it be Strawman who takes the blame?
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #137
Donovan
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus View Post
116. I am no longer to build a character for a modern military game whose explicit design goal is to perform every single action on Skippy's List.
and were you allowed to play with this group ever again after this?
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #138
Jovus
 
Jovus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
and were you allowed to play with this group ever again after this?
They want me back, but I moved.
Jovus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #139
Ragabash Moon
 
Ragabash Moon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

117. Ok, this is more "I no longer allow" but posting it to keep the thread going...

No longer allowed (In Pathfinder) to take a ring of reduce on a halfling rogue to reduce them to tiny, even if the GM is allowing every character to start with a level one spell based magic item because then every medium sized person counts as total cover which with stealth rules ends up nearly if not equal to improved invisibility!
__________________

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #140
Xavious
 
Xavious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

118: No longer allowed to reason that the reanimated corpse has managed to avoid every attack thrown at him is because he's dancing the conga.

119. When explaining to the party mage that magic is a physical force that seeks to balance itself and resist extreme change I probably shouldn't allow him to test this theory by casting a spell that would create a new sun around the planet.

120: No longer allowed to let my players break the time-space continuum three times in a fantasy campaign due to egregious misuse of magic.
Xavious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.