Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 11-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #11
Elberon

Default Re: Lilith On Sale Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Two days, actually. Sales for Nov 4: 40. Sales for Nov 5: +12. Sales for the 6th? Tune in tomorrow!

I hope she breaks 100, yeh.
I've done my bit ;-) heres to many more ebooks (plus I'll be buying the 5th version on the rule book soon....)
Elberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:44 AM   #12
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamourweaver
I can't seem to find any info on (or mention of the non-existence of) Word-Bound Free Lilim...
Hmm. No, I don't think I wrote anything about that, save perhaps by inference regarding Lilith having no true Servitors (I did write that, didn't I?). Something of a GM choice, really. I imagine they'd be rare, if they exist at all, and tend to be in long-term contracts.

Elberon: Yay! I hope that you like her! (And crossing my fingers that the core rules show up relatively soon for ya.)
Old 11-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #13
Sagitta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamourweaver
Word-Bound Free Lilim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Something of a GM choice, really. I imagine they'd be rare, if they exist at all, and tend to be in long-term contracts.
According to the GMG p23, "Lucifer has been known to give Words to Free Lilim on occasions..."

Partly apropos of that, what happens to orphaned Lilim?
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #14
milliken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta
Partly apropos of that, what happens to orphaned Lilim?
I would expect one of:

1) Same thing that happens to the other Servitors -- they either get taken over by whoever killed their Superior (e.g., fairly likely for Haagenti's little snacks) or immediately jump to an allied Superior. In some cases they may be dragged along by their immediate superior.

2) They shop around for another Prince, trying to make a deal. But they're not in the best bargaining position, unless they've got interesting attunements from the dead Superior. See #4....

3) They declare themselves Free -- after all, the deal they made with their old Prince is clearly null and void, if the Prince can't fill his side. But their Free sisters aren't going to be particularly friendly with an ex-Bound, in most cases; she'll be near the bottom of the pecking order. This option is most likely if the Lilim doesn't see an obvious Prince to bind to, given her prior work. Vephar's Lilim might have had this problem. Of course, Andrealphus is always an option, but the Lilim may not want a potential future as a sex slave....

4) The Game scoops them up as potential Renegades ("no adult supervision...")/traitors/loose cannons, and they either resurface as Game Lilim... or they don't.

5) They go Renegade. I would mostly expect this option if the Prince's death was the result of hostile demonic politics, and the Lilim was high enough in the old Prince's organization to be likely to be on the "purge" list. (I'm not sure Haagenti's Prince/ss-phagy quite gets to "hostile politics".)

#1 is probably the most common -- going Free probably isn't attractive to a formerly-Bound Lilim, and too much time shopping around risks #4.

---Walter

Last edited by milliken; 11-08-2005 at 01:50 PM.
milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #15
Glamourweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta
According to the GMG p23, "Lucifer has been known to give Words to Free Lilim on occasions..."
One of my on going plots includes a Free Lilim & a Balseraph of Death competeing over the word of "Abortion" (no my game isn't anti-abortion, there's also an Angel of Abortion, Kasadya Outcaste Grigori of Flowers). Of course the Free Lilim wants to promote Reproductive Choice (or, if you're anti-abortion "Abortion on Demand"), while the Balseraph preferes the mandatory abortions of the People's Republic of China aswell as dangerous backalley abortions found in countries that ban the practice.
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #16
ScaredofScissors

Just wanted to pipe up myself and say that I've bought myself a copy. I haven't read through a whole lot yet (only the first 10 pages or so), but what I have read I've really liked. This is some of the best stuff yet written for IN, Beth. Really. Kudos!

Back to reading...
ScaredofScissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:07 AM   #17
alexondria

I've finished reading through it and I really liked it as well- I'm going w/ a bit difrent take on Lilith in the game that I'm running but I liked reading the way that she is supposed to be and it had lots of stuff that I could still use even though I'm going w/ a diffrent take on her. so did it sell enough to get us another one put up?
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #18
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I'm glad that it's being useful, even for those who've taken different paths with her!

I haven't yet heard from my Dread Masters about how many copies Need to be sold. So far, I'm cautiously optimistic.

If she can get up there and rub elbows with GURPS Mysteries, then I think I'd be very optimistic. We'll see.

Tags
meta