Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
Flameman

Default IC: Odysseys

Introductions

Each one of you received a letter. You all travelled to Lormos to answer the letter. Some come from far and for others this is merely a stroll through the park. While travelling through Lormos you see the great contrast in your race. The outskirts of the city are filled with Boirer desperately trying to make a living and the more you come to the center the better things become.Still outside the dome you come through the ever busy markets where the city's wealthy and prosperous Boirer live. But nothing could compare to the magnificence of the Dome. Eons of Art and culture gathered in one place. The whole place just screamed luxury. Traveling up the dome you come across the massive theatres, opera's and salons. Slightly higher are the houses of the lesser families and many government buildings. All the way up you find the Lusay mansion.

This is the letter everyone received.

Dear
Times are dire, actions have to be taken. Your presence is requested and your aid needed.

As you know there is a war between several Ceustis kingdoms and a number of Boirersan Families. Although the tide is turning in that conflict several others are brewing behind the curtains. The number of incidents is increasing. Several actions have been taken to counter these threats, one of them is the forming of covert response units. Your actions and skills have been noticed. You are chosen to be in such a group.

You are to be at the entrance of the Lusay mansion in the Dome of Lormos at sunrise in one week. All necessary preparations have been done already.

Yours Sincerely,
Duc Rocheaux Lusay, Father Protector of the Lusay Family
(His signature)

The Lusay mansion is located at the centre of the dome. The square in front of it has a mosaic pattern with several kinds of rock. Together the form the symbol for the Lusy family. The dark tower with a clear blue sky around it can be seen on many flags around Lormos. It’s build in such a way that it really seems as if you are climbing up a tower. The entrance to the mansion is at the top of the tower. The building has large glass windows of the purest kind anyone has seen. Several different colours in the glass form some symbols representing Lormos and the Boirer. For Lormos there is an Y in blue with white glass in the middle that slowly becomes a dark yellow towards the edges of the window. For the Boirer there is a group of people together around a bright fire. The detail in this glass is amazing.

Many people walk around or are sitting on some of the fountains at the side. There is one Boirersan actively looking for people in the crowd. He stands right in front of the entrance in the shadow that the building gives. He looks vaguely familiar to Tasser and Myra. He wears silk robes with some colourful lines running through it.

OOC: One by one you walk up the stairs leading up to this square. Please describe and introduce your character in a way you see is fitting. Talk to each other or some NPC present until everyone is present.
Flameman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Case

Default Re: IC: Odysseys

Tasser, a Boirer in the early 30ies, from average height and weight, is walking slowly across the place, looking from left to right. He has short brown hair and his skin is a mixture of brown and green. In comparison with the crowd he's wearing plain clothes, composed mostly from brown and red. There is no sign of a house or a family on his outfit. Neither there is a weapon or any armor visible.

Tasser is walking towards the Boirersan at the entrance. "My name is Sire Tasser Nephelem, I think we have met before." He's indicating making a bow.

OOC: I try to remember the Boirersan.
Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Flameman

Quote:
"My name is Sire Tasser Nephelem, I think we have met before." He's indicating making a bow.
He laughed. "There was a Boirer about a week ago who visited your shop. The Vicompte and I performed the Samul on the same day. I'm still a bit weak from then. Chevalier Aerander of Savoy, Watcher of Lusay." he made slight bow."It still feels weird, being a Boirersan. Now tell me, where did that piece of antique come from? The vicompte said he had lost a similar piece some time ago."

OOC:Since you have not performed the Samul your title would be Seigneur.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
Case

"This is very likely if you are a wine connoisseur and have an exquisite sense of design. To my knowledge, there are only few other bottle openers which combine this kind of usefulness with such an unique design. Really strong craftmanship.

Nevertheless, I bought three in total four or five years ago from a travelling merchant. This piece was the last one. I hope Vicompte Jean is satisfied with the quality?"
Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Florianvs

"I'm sorry to interupt your converstion, but I have to ask you something".

In front of you stands a boirer man of around 35 (compared to humans). He is a little bit taller than most people and of average weight. The top of his head is bald, but he has some black hair on the sides.

"My name is Charles Talos, scientist and skilled magician". He turns to the boirersan. "I recieved a letter originated from Duc Rocheaux Lusay requesting my aid, am I allowed to enter?"
Florianvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
momothefiddler

A short but muscled woman looking approximately 30 years old strolls up toward the dome. She's carrying a large, full pack on her back, with a shield strapped on top of it, and she wears a sword at her hip. Her helmet hangs from her belt, leaving her head bare. The sun glints off her bright red hair as it rises over the buildings. She stops at the base of the stairs leading up to the mansion and stands at ease, looking around but saying nothing.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
Flameman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case View Post
. I hope Vicompte Jean is satisfied with the quality?"
"I've seen him use it to open some bottles yesterday" He gets interrupted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florianvs View Post
"My name is Charles Talos, scientist and skilled magician". He turns to the boirersan. "I recieved a letter originated from Duc Rocheaux Lusay requesting my aid, am I allowed to enter?"
"Charles Talos, Free Citizen of Lormos? We will wait here until everyone has arrived."
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
Florianvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameman
"Charles Talos, Free Citizen of Lormos? We will wait here until everyone has arrived."
"That is correct, am I able to return to my research in the near future, or will all of my questions be answered during this meeting? said the man in the dark blue robe. Clearly you can see light blue patters in the shape of lightning covering the robe.
Florianvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Flameman

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
A short but muscled woman looking approximately 30 years old strolls up toward the dome. She's carrying a large, full pack on her back, with a shield strapped on top of it, and she wears a sword at her hip. Her helmet hangs from her belt, leaving her head bare. The sun glints off her bright red hair as it rises over the buildings. She stops at the base of the stairs leading up to the mansion and stands at ease, looking around but saying nothing.
On the top of the stairs you just saw Semi-bald Boirer walk up to the mansion. Several Boirersan look at you. "If you're with the others just move along this stairs." One said, he put a nasty emphasis on the word others.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
momothefiddler

Jordyn raises an eyebrow slightly, but nods and moves up to the entrance with the others and waits there.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
odysseys