Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
six's monkey

Default Blinders on the Budget Steed

I had played the 'Budget Steed' in my hireling slot, then later added the 'Smart Pills' to him.

For reasons clear only to the cat, I later played 'Feline Intervention' on a second successful-sized roll to run away, so that I might have to roll again, so that I might fail and therefore feel the bad stuff and thus die. This worked.

All my carried stuff, plus the cards in my hand, but not my race or class then became a mini-deck representing my loot-able body. The other players, in order by die roll, since all were tied in level, took turns selecting one card each from that deck.

Much later, the player who had selected the coconut shell-wielding 'Steed', and then added 'Press-on Wings', another steed enhancer, and 'Blinders', needed to run away.

We had great difficulty figuring out how to resolve the attempt in a way we could agree upon.

Also, should his 'Budget Steed' have been 'Smart' still, or not?
six's monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Blinders on the Budget Steed

When you loot cards after death, they all detach from each other and you loot them into your hand. Thus, each player could only loot either the Budget Steed or the Smart Pills. No single player could loot both and the Hireling is no longer Smart. It sounds like you did it correctly by forming the mini-deck.

Now, as for having a Steed with Blinders and Press-On Wings, you have to leave your Budget Steed behind due to the Blinders (as they work as if it was a real Steed) and I would think it thus does not give you a +1 to Run Away, as the Press-On Wings say you get a +1 only while riding the Steed, which you no longer have.

Last edited by Clipper; 10-28-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
DragonRider13

I've never seen Blinders before. Are they in Munchkin 8?
DragonRider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
Enzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider13 View Post
I've never seen Blinders before. Are they in Munchkin 8?
Yes, they are.
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote