Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #241
ZmbeHntr

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

Can I have Erion wait to act until after Michelle casts the spell on him?
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #242
Poonbahbah

Quote:
Also, remember he has Affect Spirits on him from Michelle.
as well as -2 blur and +1 to move/dodge/DB. Second ones more important to Dorin though as he makes the defense rolls.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #243
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmbeHntr View Post
Can I have Erion wait to act until after Michelle casts the spell on him?
Sure, that's fine. I'm pretty generous with Waits. "I Wait to attack unless something interesting happens," is completely acceptable.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #244
Poonbahbah

Quote:
((Rapier 28+1(Height)-5(Eyes)-10(Deceptive)=14; Roll 6-3=3 (Bless doesn't help crits sadly); Demon takes 8 impaling damage to the eye unless it defends; Demon defends at a -8 ))
It defends at -12 actually, -3 height, -5 deceptive, -4 blind. You may want to lay off the deceptive so your at 16 skill for future attacks. 4 to 6 increases the odds by about 7% and when they're already at -12, -11 isn't that much worse. I'd say the same for -7 vs -8 for that matter.

When the defender can't see the attacker (IE blinded) they defend at an additional -4 and have to make a hearing -2 roll in order to block or parry, but not dodge. So says defender's situation in campaigns p 549.

PS. I think the -3 DX will also give -1 to -2 to parry and block on top of the above as that will lower skill with weapons. (o~0)!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #245
ZmbeHntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
It defends at -12 actually, -3 height, -5 deceptive, -4 blind. You may want to lay off the deceptive so your at 16 skill for future attacks. 4 to 6 increases the odds by about 7% and when they're already at -12, -11 isn't that much worse. I'd say the same for -7 vs -8 for that matter.
Actually since the demon JUST became blind, it is at a -10 (It acquires the Blindness disadvantage for 3 seconds). But usually when I post penalties I just post the ones imposed by my character on another.

As for the rolling at 14, we have a 3 point Blessing on us. That means even though I am rolling at a 14, the only way I can fail is if I roll a 17 or 18 (which always mean failure regardless).

Speaking of the blessing, ErhnamDJ, shouldn't Elmaeth have just lost the blessing rather than actually be successfully attacked by the wolf?
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #246
Poonbahbah

I though that -10, reduced to -6 if allways blind, was to attack and not defense. Reference campaigns p 547, bottom right corner under visibility.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 10-12-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:10 AM   #247
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmbeHntr View Post
Speaking of the blessing, ErhnamDJ, shouldn't Elmaeth have just lost the blessing rather than actually be successfully attacked by the wolf?
Nope. The Bless spells are controlled by the white orbs, who are healing him instead.

My blog.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #248
ErhnamDJ

Can you guys start posting your character's HP and FP with your actions? Things are about to get serious when I bring in the other twenty-something enemies.

Something like:

HP: 11/13
FP: 8/12

My blog.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #249
Dorin Thorha

I'm actually a little unclear on exactly what Dorli's FP is right now. He lost some on the hike, and spent some more fighting the rat, but he also rested some since then. He's at 4/13 HP, which gives him half his normal Move and Dodge.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #250
Poonbahbah

Quote:
(Lightning 20 +3(IQ Increase) +3(Bless) +5(Skill Increase) = 31, roll 12
Assuming I have a few seconds of breath and another few seconds of charging, this bolt will be 4d-4 per round, for a total of 12d-12)
Just how much FP do you have? With skill 28 it's only reduced by 3. Bless doesn't count to reducing cost as it modifies the roll not the skill.

@ErhnamDJ How many rounds is the lull? Or how many more buffs can I put on people before where attacked again as it seems likely.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 10-16-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
welcome to hell