Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 04-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
chrisd

Default GURPS Albedo 4e

Having been given a copy of Albedo Platinum catalysis I've had a go at creating a data file converting the information from GURPS Albedo to 4e.

I've uploaded it to the GCA Repository
chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
tmedwards

Default Re: GURPS Albedo 4e

Oh, nice. Thanks for this. (And this reminds me, I need to get Albedo: Platinum Catalyst and the new version of Ironclaw.)

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
tmedwards

OK. I just looked at the data file and I noticed a few minor issues:

--------------------------------------------------

8: warning: header variable "Requires" redefined; initial definition on line 7

You just need one Requires, with multiple data file names separated by commas (e.g. Requires="GURPS Space 4e.gdf", "GURPS Ultra-Tech 4e.gdf").

Also, you probably need Characters in there as well, and if you have Space in Requires then you don't need it in LoadAfter. So, my suggestion is to replace lines 7–9 (both Requires & LoadAfter) with:
Code:
Requires="GURPS Basic Set 4th Ed.--Characters.gdf", "GURPS Space 4e.gdf", "GURPS Ultra-Tech 4e.gdf"
Additionally, you might want to add Incomplete=Yes to the header as well, at least until you're happy with the file's general level of completeness.

--------------------------------------------------

151: warning: unquoted name & name extension components contains comma in template [Canine (dog, light)]
169: warning: unquoted name & name extension components contains comma in template [Canine (dog, average)]
255: warning: unquoted name & name extension components contains comma in template [Feline (cougar, jaguar, lynx)]
273: warning: unquoted name & name extension components contains comma in template [Feline (lion, tiger)]
347: warning: unquoted name & name extension components contains comma in template [Mustelid (ferret, stoat)]
394: warning: unquoted name & name extension components contains comma in template [Rodent (mouse, rat)]
424: warning: unquoted name & name extension components contains comma in template [Rodent (chipmunk, squirrel)]
455: warning: unquoted name & name extension components contains comma in template [Ungulate (camel, cow, horse, llama)]

These are fairly self-explanatory. If you have a comma in the name and/or name extension of a trait, you should quote the entire name & name extension component in either double quotes or curly braces (e.g. trait names like Canine (dog, light) should be "Canine (dog, light)" or {Canine (dog, light)}).

Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
chrisd

Thanks,

This is the first data file I've actually put out in the the wild so all comments are appreciated.

Chris
Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
chrisd

I have posted an update to the GCA repository but I'm not going any further with this for now as I would probably have to start adding things like specific equipment that would need permission from Sanguine to use things like weapon names.

Chris
Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
tmedwards

Commands really should go within the appropriate section (i.e. a command to delete a template should be within/under a [TEMPLATE] section, etc.).