Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
MagusRogue

Default Grigori?

I heard somewhere that e23 might finally make the previously-mentioned Grigori book (speculated because of Grigori inclusion to the GURPS In Nomine book) at some time. Any word on this?

As an aside, the website for Amadon's Grigori rules seems to be down. Anyone happen to have a copy of these rules? I'm remaking an old character of mine, a Grigori, and the GM would like as official a copy of grigori rules as he can get. And since Amadon was a writer for In Nomine, and his work inspired the GURPS rules, he wants those.

Thanks!
MagusRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Grigori?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagusRogue View Post
I heard somewhere that e23 might finally make the previously-mentioned Grigori book (speculated because of Grigori inclusion to the GURPS In Nomine book) at some time. Any word on this?
We've been told that the possibility of new In Nomine releases is under review, but it's been under review for a couple of years now. As much of a booster of the line as I am, I'm not holding my breath... but that's what I thought before Superiors: Zadkiel was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagusRogue View Post
As an aside, the website for Amadon's Grigori rules seems to be down. Anyone happen to have a copy of these rules? I'm remaking an old character of mine, a Grigori, and the GM would like as official a copy of grigori rules as he can get. And since Amadon was a writer for In Nomine, and his work inspired the GURPS rules, he wants those.

Thanks!
The Internet Archive is your friend:
http://web.archive.org/web/201107050...e/Grigori.html
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post

The Internet Archive is your friend:
http://web.archive.org/web/201107050...e/Grigori.html
Three cheers for the Wayback Machine!

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
MagusRogue

You're my hero!!!

As for new rules, I was in the same boat as you till i saw the e23 stuff coming out, including Zadkiel. So there may be hope!
MagusRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
ISNorden

One house-rule amendment to the Laws of Heaven, which might be useful in other campaigns:

Quote:
"Any Master of Divine Knowledge who gained the Grigori resonance as part of his Distinction shall be permitted to retain both that resonance and his place in the Host, provided that (a) the Master was promoted before the Outcasting of the true Grigori, and (b) no other grave offenses have damaged his good standing.

"Notwithstanding the amendment above, no Master of Divine Knowledge promoted after the Outcasting may choose the Grigori resonance as part of his Distinction. Such an offense is punishable by loss of Distinction, Outcasting, or both after a joint review by the Archangels of Destiny and Judgment."
Why do I allow the grandfather clause for older Masters? Because their true Choir prevents them from becoming interfertile with humans, thus ruling out the main sin that got the real Grigori into trouble. However, a Master who chose the Grig resonance later might be making a political statement against the Outcasting--which Dominic would interpret as rebellion against Divine Law in general.

Last edited by ISNorden; 01-19-2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: explanation added
ISNorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
tbug

I'd love to see interest gauged with something like Kickstarter. I understand that Steve Jackson Games can't afford to create something that isn't profitable, but technology has given us the tools to wait until something is known to be profitable before creating it.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Mysteris

What is Kickstarter?
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #8
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteris View Post
What is Kickstarter?
A way of making money for creative projects via the Kickstarter website. The person behind the project sets a deadline and a minimum amount of funds that need to be pledged. If the target isn't reached, no money is collected. The site gets 5 percent of the money raised.

One of the drawbacks from SJG's perspective might be that any projects done through Kickstarter are permanently accessible on the site. That could get in the way of e23's exclusivity, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
tbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
One of the drawbacks from SJG's perspective might be that any projects done through Kickstarter are permanently accessible on the site. That could get in the way of e23's exclusivity, unless I'm misunderstanding something.
They're "permanently accessible" in that anyone at any time in the future can look at how the project was funded. It's up to the project owner (SJG in this case) how the end result is distributed, and presumably the company would decide that this would be through a backer's e23 account. Once the project's deadline has passed, it can no longer be purchased through the kickstarter web site.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug View Post
They're "permanently accessible" in that anyone at any time in the future can look at how the project was funded. It's up to the project owner (SJG in this case) how the end result is distributed, and presumably the company would decide that this would be through a backer's e23 account. Once the project's deadline has passed, it can no longer be purchased through the kickstarter web site.
Thanks for the clarification!

Tags
grigori, meta