Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Mega Z

Default Loot The Body and cards to loot and to discard after death

Some questions about body loot.

1. What happen with items with attached item-enhancers on them? Does somebody take item with enhancers or only one card of his choice? Logically it isn't possible to de-teflon or de-bless or remove ..Of Doom property from item and then take teflon or blessing or Doom part of item with your.

2. Does dead player discard ...Cold, Dead Hands card like in case of Cheat or it's become part of your character?

3. Dose dead player discard cards like Really Impressive Title and Theme Song? They aren't items logically nobody can loot them like Thieves cannot steal.

4. What happen with Hirelings? They can sacrifice themselves for player so it looks like they would become next target for monster after player's death. Do they die with player and then go to discard or monsters don't kill them and hirelings patiently wait when smb become thier new lord?

5. And finally! What happen with half-breed, super munchkin, dark, high, master, epic junior and old edition cards? Are they all part of my character like Nice or part of my race/class and cannot be looted or they all maybe with exception of h-b, s m and o e are part of evolution of my character but not and after death I reborn just with basic race/class and need to go through path of self-progress to get my new abilities? What cards am i save? Can they be looted?
Mega Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Loot The Body and cards to loot and to discard after death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Z View Post
Some questions about body loot.

1. What happen with items with attached item-enhancers on them? Does somebody take item with enhancers or only one card of his choice? Logically it isn't possible to de-teflon or de-bless or remove ..Of Doom property from item and then take teflon or blessing or Doom part of item with your.
If the Item enhancer in question says something like, "This card goes with the item if it is lost, stolen, or discarded," then it goes with it when it is looted.

Quote:
2. Does dead player discard ...Cold, Dead Hands card like in case of Cheat or it's become part of your character?
Cheat! gets discarded when you lose the Item it is played on. Therefore, any Cheat! card you have played on an Item gets discarded, not looted. However, any other card you have in play that isn't listed as protected gets looted. See my answer to 3.

Quote:
3. Dose dead player discard cards like Really Impressive Title and Theme Song? They aren't items logically nobody can loot them like Thieves cannot steal.
I'm not sure how they can't be looted, logically. The rules say, "Looting The Body: Lay out your hand beside the cards you had in play." These cards are in play, if they weren't in your hand. Looting includes Items that were in your hand. The only cards that aren't looted are "your Class(es), Race(s), and Level (and any Curses that were affecting you when you died) – your new character will look just like your old one. If you have Half-Breed or Super Munchkin, keep those as well."

Quote:
4. What happen with Hirelings? They can sacrifice themselves for player so it looks like they would become next target for monster after player's death. Do they die with player and then go to discard or monsters don't kill them and hirelings patiently wait when smb become thier new lord?
Same answer as for 3. They are in play, so they get looted.

Quote:
5. And finally! What happen with half-breed, super munchkin, dark, high, master, epic junior and old edition cards? Are they all part of my character like Nice or part of my race/class and cannot be looted or they all maybe with exception of h-b, s m and o e are part of evolution of my character but not and after death I reborn just with basic race/class and need to go through path of self-progress to get my new abilities? What cards am i save? Can they be looted?
Well, the answer for 3 covers Half-Breed and Super Munchkin well enough. However, I will state that something that gets attached to a specific Race or Class would stay, so cards like Dark, High, Master, Old Edition, and Epic Junior stay as well.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

I would modify MunchkinMan's answer to this extent: you can choose to loot a Cheat! card if the Item it's attached to hasn't been looted yet. It's a card in play, just like any other. If the attached Item gets looted, of course, you follow the instructions on the Cheat! card and discard it.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Mega Z

Thank you guys for all answers that you have given in my topics! Many game nuances are clear to me now.

In case of Cheat:
Quote:
I would modify MunchkinMan's answer to this extent: you can choose to loot a Cheat! card if the Item it's attached to hasn't been looted yet. It's a card in play, just like any other. If the attached Item gets looted, of course, you follow the instructions on the Cheat! card and discard it.
After death your lose all your items. I think in Munchkin dead person doesn't save any owner rights for them) So it looks like MunchkinMan is right. Cheat has to be discarded after all. And any other cards that say something like:" discard this card when you lose the attached Item" go to discard too.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
After death your lose all your items. I think in Munchkin dead person doesn't save any owner rights for them) So it looks like MunchkinMan is right. Cheat has to be discarded after all. And any other cards that say something like:" discard this card when you lose the attached Item" go to discard too.
I think I wasn't clear, so let me try another way of phrasing it: When a player who has a Cheated item dies, the bond between Cheat! and the Item it was attached to is dissolved. Each card can be looted independently of the other, and if one or the other is not looted, it gets discarded at the end of the Loot The Body phase.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
Mega Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I think I wasn't clear, so let me try another way of phrasing it: When a player who has a Cheated item dies, the bond between Cheat! and the Item it was attached to is dissolved. Each card can be looted independently of the other, and if one or the other is not looted, it gets discarded at the end of the Loot The Body phase.
Ok, I got it. http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=1044 than Cheat! section have need of change.

But isn't it goes in opposition to text card which state to discard card after you lose the attached item?

Main problem is does player posses items after death or they aren't considered as his property anymore, and than it's definitely lose of item.
The Rules states next about Death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
If you die, you lose all your stuff.
It's clear. And further rules specifically define that in oppose to lose all your stuff
Quote:
You
keep your Class(es), Race(s), and Level (and
any Curses that were affecting you when
you died) – your new character will look
just like your old one. If you have Half-Breed or Super Munchkin, keep those as well
also,
Quote:
Unlike other cards, you keep FD
cards if you die.
So it's looks like player lose his items and than Cheat! gets discarded.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:49 AM   #7
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
So it's looks like player lose his items and than Cheat! gets discarded.
That's not the way I see it, because the Item isn't lost until the looting is completed and it goes to a comrade or the discard pile.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
Mega Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
That's not the way I see it, because the Item isn't lost until the looting is completed and it goes to a comrade or the discard pile.
Ok. That's raise some new questions?
1. Can somebody play Curse Lose One Small Item on me after my death when I stay in "Looting The Body" phase and after that phase but before next player turn?
2. Can smb loot my FD cards? I know that I keep them after "Looting The Body" phase but what if other players take them as their loot? Is it allowed? Or they cannot be looted like race/class?
3. Can smb steal items form me when I stay in "Looting The Body" phase and after that phase but before next player turn?
Old 12-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
1. Can somebody play Curse Lose One Small Item on me after my death when I stay in "Looting The Body" phase and after that phase but before next player turn?
No to both. Once looting the body begins, it must be concluded before any other cards are played. And you wouldn't have any small Items after your corpse was looted. (Caveat: there ARE some exceptions, and in those cases, yes, those remaining small Items could be Cursed).

Quote:
2. Can smb loot my FD cards? I know that I keep them after "Looting The Body" phase but what if other players take them as their loot? Is it allowed? Or they cannot be looted like race/class?
Fairy Dust cards cannot be looted, period.

Quote:
3. Can smb steal items form me when I stay in "Looting The Body" phase and after that phase but before next player turn?
Again, once looting starts, it must be concluded before any other actions can take place.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
Mega Z

Thank you for answers!