Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
oldgringo2001

Default No Campaign Without Cat Girls

As long as your post connects cat girls with GURPS, I'll be satisfied.

Explicit examples of cat girls already exist in several official GURPS[/I][/B] offerings. David Pulver created two different cat girl races, one for Reign of Steel and one for the campaign world he created for GURPS Mecha. A cat girl bioroid is a major character in his Medusa Sanction (Cyberpunk Adventures) and she was featured again building sort of a robot crab amphibious vehicle (a rather thinly disguised mecha) in the first edition of GURPS Vehicles. And there's a line of catlike boiroids in the first version of Bio-Tech.

Even when Mr. Pulver isn't involved, there are cat girls elsewhere. White Tyger from International Super Teams is a Meeran and a male, but he's also very much a cat boy, and that means there are cat girls coming soon.

One of the major races in GURPS Traveller, the Aslan, are certainly catlike in appearance and somewhat lion-like in behavior. And it is canon that there are three Aslan girls born for each boy. Who will take the bold first step to explore the romantic possibilities, the love that goes beyond species bounds?
oldgringo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:23 AM   #2
Mailanka

Default Re: No Campaign Without Cat Girls

I'm pretty sure there are cat-girls in THS, though I think they're the same ones found in Bio-Tech. Also note that Dungeon Fantasy has Cat-Folk, which gives you cat-girls (My first DF character was a male Cat-Folk Knight, in fact. We also had a Cat-Folk Martial Artist/Mage in a recent DF campaign).
Old 09-06-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I'm pretty sure there are cat-girls in THS, though I think they're the same ones found in Bio-Tech. Also note that Dungeon Fantasy has Cat-Folk, which gives you cat-girls (My first DF character was a male Cat-Folk Knight, in fact. We also had a Cat-Folk Martial Artist/Mage in a recent DF campaign).
These are the two versions of the Felicia-series bioroids.

BTW, what about GURPS SPANC?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #4
Akicita

I believe you are overlooking Mr. Pulver's Catgirls in GURPS Technomancer.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
Phantasm

From my space opera setting document:

Genefels
(jēn´-fĕls)
125 points

Genefels are a race of feline humanoids, exclusively female, gengineered from baseline Humans during the late 21st Century for "entertainment" purposes; some are still called "genebait" because of this. They can interbreed with normal Humans – indeed, it seems as though the only way Genefels can reproduce (short of cloning) is with a Human male – but the offspring are exclusively female, and exclusively felinoid. Their genetic engineering predisposes them to ninja-like grace and reflexes.

Early on, the majority of Genefels escaped their enforced slavery to prey on others as pirates. Even after laws were passed which granted the race their freedom, being a pirate had become such a part of the Genefel culture that most still follow that path. Indeed, Genefels that join a planet's law enforcement or the interstellar navy are considered "traitors" by other Genefels.

World of Origin: Earth (a.k.a. Sol III).
Average Height: 167 cm (5' 5.75").
Average Mass: 65.77 kg (145 lbs).
Home Gravity: 1 G.
Average Life Span: 100 Earth years.
Attribute Adjustments: DX +2 [40]; HT +2 [20].
Advantages: Acute Hearing +2 [4]; Acute Taste and Smell +2 [4]; Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Catfall [10]; Claws (Sharp Claws) [5]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Extended Lifespan 1 (×2) [2]; Flexibility [5]; Night Vision 3 [3]; Perfect Balance [15]; Resistant to Disease (+3) [3]; Teeth (Sharp Teeth) [1].
Perks: Fur [1].
Disadvantages: Extra Sleep 1 [-2]; Overconfidence (12) [-5].
Features: Altered Sex Ratio (Always Female) [0]; Ordinary Tail [0]; Taboo Trait (Appearance of Average or below) [0].

Yes, I wanted SPANCs in my setting. :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
Alacrity Fitzhugh

Awesome...

"You’re in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."

In my games, the GM is the one with Weirdness Magnet.
Alacrity Fitzhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgringo2001 View Post

Even when Mr. Pulver isn't involved, there are cat girls elsewhere. White Tyger from International Super Teams is a Meeran and a male, but he's also very much a cat boy, and that means there are cat girls coming soon.
Although that particular universe has been rebooted into one that never experienced open alien contact. Of course that doesn't mean the Meerans aren't there...just that they haven't shown up yet.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
jacobmuller

How about GURPS Albedo
Feline
Cat, 10 points: Fur [1], Night Vision +3 [3], Acute Senses: Smell +1 + Hearing +2 [6]; and
• Small, -5 points: SM-1, ST-3 [-30], BS+0.5 [10], Will+1 [5], Catfall [10].
• Medium, -3 points: ST-1 [-10], BS+0.5 [10], Fatigue-1 [-3].
• Large, -3 points: Fatigue-1 [-3].

Personally, I couldn't resist having panther, cheetah and tiger versions. I was revising the clade stats recently and this is all I could find:
Sén [17]
Sén is from the Japanese for panther people, Yoseimin. In many respects quite similar to Belle but with distinctly cat-like features. Also, not as fecund and much less socially inclined.
Attributes: DX +1 [20]
Secondary Characteristics: Per +1 [5]; FP -1 [-3]; Basic Speed +0.25 [5].
Advantages: Lifting ST +1 [3]; Sharp Claws (Retractable +10%) [6]; Striking ST +3 [15]; Acute Hearing +2 [4]; Acute Smell +1 [2]; Night Vision +3 [3]; Racial Talent Stealth +4 [8].
Disadvantages: Gené (Selfish 15 [-3]) [-34]; Bloodlust 15 [-5]; Loner 15 [-3]; Overconfident 15 [-3]; Slow Riser [-5]; Nosy [-1]; Serious [-1].
Feature: Nictitating Membrane; their black hide allows a +1 to stealth in darkness/ -1 if bright background. Height/Weight: more compact than a typical human, with the efficient muscles typical of a cat, use the height for one ST band lower.
Talents: Basic Instincts, Dancer’s Grace, Drifter, Graceful, Hunter, Mass Combat, Natural Athlete, Outdoorsman, Soldier, Stalker.
Anti-Talents: Alien Friend, Animal Friend, Artificer, Bureaucrat, Business Acumen, Data Processor, Digitally Minded, Inquiring Mind, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Memetics, Music, Negotiator, Philosopher, Physical Sciences, Systems Engineer.
Career: Guards, LEO, COPs, Private security, Mercenary.
Jubal [20]
Jubal is from the species name for cheetah, Acinonyx Jubatus. Tall, slim, fleet footed, golden haired, fair skinned.
Attributes: ST-1 [-10]; DX+1 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Basic Speed +1.25 [+25]; Basic Move +1 [5].
Advantages: Blunt Claws [3]; Enhanced Move ½ [10].
Disadvantages: Gené [-23]; Skinny [-5]; Shyness [-5].
Features: Height as for ST+1.
Talents: Allure, Drifter, Hunter, Musician, Natural Athlete, Speed Fiend, Stalker.
Anti-Talents: Animal Friend, Business Acumen, Green Thumb, Philosopher, Smooth Operator, Social, Talker, Team Player.
Career: entertainment and sports.
Maken [34]
Huge, hirsute, carnivorous and bad tempered. Socially ostracised, Maken have difficulty finding legitimate employment. Who wants to tell a tiger it's time for work?
Attributes: ST +4 [36]; DX +1 [20]
Secondary Characteristics: HP +3 [6]; FP -2 [-6]; Basic Speed +0.25 [5]; Basic Move +2 [10].
Advantages: Claws, Sharp (retractable, +10%) [6]; Night Vision +3 [3]; Tough Skin DR1 [3]; Fur (Temp Tol 25f – 85f) [1]; Teeth, Sharp [1]; Versatile [5]; Striking ST +2 [9]; Racial Talent Stealth +2 [4].
Disadvantages: Gené [-23]; Poor [-5]; Status –2 [-5]; Minority Group [-5]; Unfit (over 85f) [–1]; Bad temper (over 85f) [-1]; Nosy [-1]; Proud [-1]; Restricted Diet, Carnivore (Substitution, -50%) [-5]; OPH – Carnivore [-5]; Frightens Animals [-10].
Talents: Natural Athlete, Gourmet, Outdoorsman, Basic Instincts, Hunter.
Anti-Talents: Animal Friend, Green Thumb, Team Player, Talker or Social.
Feature: Nictitating Membrane (DR0); SM +1; Maken are conditioned in childhood to vomit at the taste of Hominan flesh. If a Maken bites another Hominan, use Incapacitation: Retching, HT to resist.
Career: casual labour/ security, Huëza enforcers and arena fighters.
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

My personal catgirl, designed to take as many Perks as possible. (As her GM, I can simply rule that she's allowed to pay for as many Perks as she wants, but I gave her Rules Exemption anyway.)

Perky(149 points)
ST 10 [0] HP 10 [0]
DX 11 [20] Per 12 [15]
IQ 9 [-20] Will 9 [0]
HT 13 [30] FP 10 [-9]

Basic Speed 6
Basic Move 6
Basic Lift 39 lbs

Advantages
[12] Lifting ST 4
[5] Magery 0
[5] Flexibility
[5] Animal Empathy
[5] Damage Resistance 1
[3] Blunt Claws
[3] Night Vision 3
[1] Sharp Teeth
[1] Payload 1(marsupial pouch, holds 3.9 lbs)
[1] Temperature Tolerance 1(comfort zone 22-90° F)
[1] Nictitating Membrane 1

Perks
[1] Classic Features(catgirl)
[1] Naval Training
[3] Doodad 3
[1] Accessory(claws work as lockpicks)
[1] Burrower
[1] Cross-Species Surrogacy
[1] Extreme Sexual Dimorphism
[1] Fur
[1] Immunity to Swamp Acid
[1] Limited Camouflage(plains)
[1] Perfume(smells of mint)
[1] Fertility Control
[1] Sanitized Metabolism
[1] Call of the Wild
[1] Alchohol Tolerance
[1] No Hangover
[1] Immunity to Plague
[1] Natural Pocket(can hold 3.9 lbs of gear in stomach; automatic success with Holdout, but needs 10 or more seconds and a Concentrate maneuver to regurgitate items)
[1] Sea Legs
[1] High-Heeled Heroine
[1] Sartorial Integrity
[1] Standard Operating Procedure (On Alert)
[1] Lockpicking based on DX
[1] Efficient Lockpicking
[1] Purpose(find a husband and raise a family)
[1] Charm(Major Healing)
[1] Rules Exemption(can have any number of Perks)

Skills
[4] Brawling(DX+2)-13
[4] Lockpicking(DX)-11
[4] Stealth(DX+1)-12
[1] Climbing(DX+2)-13
[1] Escape(DX)-11
[1] Holdout(IQ)-9
[2] Survival(plains)(Per)-12
[1] Survival(swamp)(Per-1)-11
[1] Housekeeping(IQ)-9
[1] Swimming(HT)-13
[1] Seamanship(IQ-1)-8
[1] Camouflage(IQ)-9
[20] Major Healing(IQ+3)-12
Old 09-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
jacobmuller

just spotted something in my own post:
Claws, Sharp (retractable, +10%) [6]
Isn't that the stats for cyberclaws, natural claws just being Claws [5]?
Gotta fix my catgirls.
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aslan, cat girls, catgirls, catpeople, cats, girls, meeran, nekojin, nekomimi