Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
Onkl
 
Onkl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Salodurum, Confoederatio Helvetica
Default Enchant Strength - where do I find the rules?

Hi guys

I have been searching the fora for the last half hour, looking for a reference to a rule which covers enchanting items with Attribute Boni.

If there are such rules, in what Book and on what Page would I find such rules?

Cheers

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Dorin Thorha
 
Dorin Thorha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default Re: Enchant Strength - where do I find the rules?

IIRC the rules are under the relevant "Boost" spells in Magic. They are generally prohibitively expensive.
__________________
<><
Dorin Thorha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
Onkl
 
Onkl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Salodurum, Confoederatio Helvetica
Default Re: Enchant Strength - where do I find the rules?

Thank you so much, I suspected it to be in Magic somewhere but just wasn't able to find it. Thank you so much, your help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Fred Brackin
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Default Re: Enchant Strength - where do I find the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
IIRC the rules are under the relevant "Boost" spells in Magic. They are generally prohibitively expensive.
_Close_ to the "Boost" spells but not quite. Might adds to ST, Vigor adds to HT and Grace adds to DX and these are all in the Body Control College on p.37. Wisdom adds to IQ and is on p.135.

The prices are high buit these are some of the most useful magic items known to Gurps. Also remember that every pt of a Gurps stat is useful where only every other pt of a D&D 3.x item is. A Gurps +5 is like a D&D +10.
__________________
Fred Brackin
Fred Brackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
Onkl
 
Onkl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Salodurum, Confoederatio Helvetica
Default Re: Enchant Strength - where do I find the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
_Close_ to the "Boost" spells but not quite. Might adds to ST, Vigor adds to HT and Grace adds to DX and these are all in the Body Control College on p.37. Wisdom adds to IQ and is on p.135.

The prices are high buit these are some of the most useful magic items known to Gurps. Also remember that every pt of a Gurps stat is useful where only every other pt of a D&D 3.x item is. A Gurps +5 is like a D&D +10.
That was actually what I was looking for... thanks for your answer!
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
Verjigorm
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?
Default Re: Enchant Strength - where do I find the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
The prices are high buit these are some of the most useful magic items known to Gurps. Also remember that every pt of a Gurps stat is useful where only every other pt of a D&D 3.x item is. A Gurps +5 is like a D&D +10.
Not entirely true. Constitution and Spell Casting attributes are where this is very not true: a +1 int item on an 18 Int wizard means he can now cast level 9 spells. And there's a number of abilities tied to Con that rely on your actual score, not the bonus.
__________________
A shadu an la illa illah Allah, we shadu anna Muhammadar Rasul
Verjigorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
Witchking
 
Witchking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Athens of America
Default Re: Enchant Strength - where do I find the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
Not entirely true. Constitution and Spell Casting attributes are where this is very not true: a +1 int item on an 18 Int wizard means he can now cast level 9 spells. And there's a number of abilities tied to Con that rely on your actual score, not the bonus.
On the Other Tenticle a boost to GURPS DX or IQ will do a lot LOT more (due to the stat based skill system) than an equivalent boost to those stats in DnD...
__________________
My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack.-Foch
America is not perfect, but I will hold her hand until she gets well.-unk Tuskegee Airman
Witchking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
attribute, attributes, enchanting, items, magic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.