Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #4271
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"They'd try," Kane says, also amused. "So what's the plan?"
It's taking him a second to formulate one. "Well, they don't appear to be forming for an attack, though if they did we'd be in big troub---"

"They're not." Corat is fast. "They're defending our guy Galen in the middle, but not trying to outflank us, and it's not two armies. It's one crowd." Kid got schooled.

The kid doesn't act the least bit fazed. "Right, so for now we just watch. Don't start any fights, don't get drawn into any, just enjoy the party and let them do their advertising. So, do nothing." He thinks about the two warrior angels at his side and the warrior woman who is momentarily just having fun, and gets a loopy grin. "Okay, don't do anything visible to the normals. I see no problem with throwing some Songs around. In fact, I have an idea myself." Assuming Sunae is near enough to hear him, he pulls a set of folded papers out of a pocket and tries to hand them to her. "I need these spread out over as wide an area as possible. Maybe tell some guys they're your phone number of something." Sunae would recognize this little device from the time Ryuki used them in the hospital, trying to count angelic doctors while Corat was in his 'coma'. the thing that does this

He feels around his waist for his mojo bag/man purse and seems to count something inside it. "Mmkay, so we see if we can draw Galen out for a chat without letting the crowd around him know anything is wrong."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 08-23-2017 at 06:50 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:44 AM   #4272
chumley1013
 
chumley1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Anaheim, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Getting the party jumping? No problem, especially with Fire and an experienced DJ (who knew?) behind it. Getting them to jump on command? Eh, doable, but more than shouting and jumping...well, if they'll do more than that, you don't see it. There are so very many of them.

The buzz of the distant crowd stopped, but they weren't gone. As the crowd hopped to Tremor it was met by another crowd, waves of people bumping in to the back of the front dance area like gentle foam at the beach. When Cameron called out for them to make some noise she'd find the noise deafening, but only about half the time. It goes a long way to muffling the next Disturbance, but they're not on the same frequency even if their volumes were similar. Something big just went down somewhere in the new, incoming crowd.

The festive but very large incoming crowd.

Someone runs up towards the DJ booth, waving as she goes to try to get Cameron's blessing to hop up there and suggest a song.
Cameron looks in the direction of the waver, sliding the back of her earphones on her forehead so as not to crush some spiked hair. She then slides them off and ducks down. "What's up? Am I doing it wrong?"
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:21 AM   #4273
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron looks in the direction of the waver, sliding the back of her earphones on her forehead so as not to crush some spiked hair. She then slides them off and ducks down. "What's up? Am I doing it wrong?"
"No, it's great!" Maybe she's shouting because the music is loud or because she's just having fun. "Preacher over there, he asked me to make a request. Do you mind too much?" If anyone looks where the woman is pointing, it's at the guy they've identified as Galen, the ethereal they're after. He acknowledges the DJ booth with a smile, but he's also looking around worried, expecting someone he doesn't much like.

The song she requests is this. A very old classic, in modern style
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #4274
chumley1013
 
chumley1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Anaheim, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"No, it's great!" Maybe she's shouting because the music is loud or because she's just having fun. "Preacher over there, he asked me to make a request. Do you mind too much?" If anyone looks where the woman is pointing, it's at the guy they've identified as Galen, the ethereal they're after. He acknowledges the DJ booth with a smile, but he's also looking around worried, expecting someone he doesn't much like.

The song she requests is this. A very old classic, in modern style
Cameron ducks down more as she struggles to listen. She responds with a nod. "Oh yeah, I got this." Her glance at Galen turns into a grin.

After looking up the song and downloading it, she grabs the mic and does some crowd control. "All right boys and girls," She begins, looking right at Corat and her friends. "I've just had a request from a Preacher! This is for you, Padre!"

Her finger hits the play button on her keyboard...
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #4275
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron ducks down more as she struggles to listen. She responds with a nod. "Oh yeah, I got this." Her glance at Galen turns into a grin.

After looking up the song and downloading it, she grabs the mic and does some crowd control. "All right boys and girls," She begins, looking right at Corat and her friends. "I've just had a request from a Preacher! This is for you, Padre!"

Her finger hits the play button on her keyboard...
Sunae's attention shoots to the DJ booth. Why would he be requesting a song? She does not trust or his taste in music and Sunae is already upset that that this guy is trying to steal the party. Time to bring it back.

"NO! Tiesto!"

She looks to her friends and gets them to back her choice. Soon, some of the hottest girls at the party are calling for DJ Tiesto.

(And yes, Sunae is counting on the fact that at a party like this when a bunch of pretty girls want something, they are going to get it. The guys will usually make sure of that.)

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 08-28-2017 at 09:33 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:07 AM   #4276
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron ducks down more as she struggles to listen. She responds with a nod. "Oh yeah, I got this." Her glance at Galen turns into a grin.

After looking up the song and downloading it, she grabs the mic and does some crowd control. "All right boys and girls," She begins, looking right at Corat and her friends. "I've just had a request from a Preacher! This is for you, Padre!"

Her finger hits the play button on her keyboard...
The crowd points him out, as if there was any doubt about who 'The Preacher' was who requested the song. It is in fact Galen. And "Whiskey in the Jar" with a solid EDM beat plays, and the crowd can't resist. Dancing ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae's attention shoots to the DJ booth. Why would he be requesting a song? She does not trust or his taste in music and Sunae is already upset that that this guy is trying to steal the party. Time to bring it back.

"NO! Tiesto!"

She looks to her friends and gets them to back her choice. Soon, some of the hottest girls at the party are calling for DJ Tiesto.

(And yes, Sunae is counting on the fact that at a party like this when a bunch of pretty girls want something, they are going to get it. The guys will usually make sure of that.)
It was a solid plan. Sunae's girl-friends start cheering for the previous DJ, and their guy-friends, hoping to get lucky, back their play. Ryuki goes stone-faced, Corat looks worried for Cameron, and I can't speak for any of the PC's.

I can tell you that the attention Galen got has wound up someone else, someone who wants the, um, spotlight on himself. A car emerges from under a tent, surging forward slowly and unevenly as though it had two drive trains instead of only one. Of course, the awkward steering could be the fact that the only visible driver of this car is standing on its roof, one hand wrapped tightly around a rope that is hitched under the hinges of its hood. He's young, with curly brown hair and nicely tanned skin for a white guy, and he's decided this rather odd old car is his personal bronco. The fact of a car in this crowd gets the crowd to part, and the sheer bravado of it gets him howls of amazement. He hoots in joy and appreciation.

It is clear to any but the entirely normal that this man is not a mortal man at all.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:03 AM   #4277
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The crowd points him out, as if there was any doubt about who 'The Preacher' was who requested the song. It is in fact Galen. And "Whiskey in the Jar" with a solid EDM beat plays, and the crowd can't resist. Dancing ensues.



It was a solid plan. Sunae's girl-friends start cheering for the previous DJ, and their guy-friends, hoping to get lucky, back their play. Ryuki goes stone-faced, Corat looks worried for Cameron, and I can't speak for any of the PC's.

I can tell you that the attention Galen got has wound up someone else, someone who wants the, um, spotlight on himself. A car emerges from under a tent, surging forward slowly and unevenly as though it had two drive trains instead of only one. Of course, the awkward steering could be the fact that the only visible driver of this car is standing on its roof, one hand wrapped tightly around a rope that is hitched under the hinges of its hood. He's young, with curly brown hair and nicely tanned skin for a white guy, and he's decided this rather odd old car is his personal bronco. The fact of a car in this crowd gets the crowd to part, and the sheer bravado of it gets him howls of amazement. He hoots in joy and appreciation.

It is clear to any but the entirely normal that this man is not a mortal man at all.
((Okay, I completely misunderstood. Ignore the previous post quoted above and go with this.))

The crowd points him out, as if there was any doubt about who 'The Preacher' was who requested the song. It is in fact Galen. And "Whiskey in the Jar" with a solid EDM beat plays, and the crowd can't resist. Dancing ensues.



It was a solid plan. Some girls in the crowd, misunderstanding, start cheering for the previous DJ, and their guy-friends, hoping to get lucky, back their play. Ryuki goes stone-faced and Corat looks worried for Cameron, until the name clicks in Ryuki's head. She's not calling for the previous DJ--she's asking for the music artist "DJ Tiesto". Sunae's buddies are momentarily outnumbered.

Ryuki taps a girl on the shoulder. "EDM Adagio." He has to shout a little bit. "By Tiesto," and he indicates to her to carry the message up to Cameron at the booth. It was an older track, but the clubs he went to seemed to like that one, and it had a human touch to it.

After the message passes through a few hands, it get to Cameron intact enough to get the gist of it. After all, she knows her music.

I can tell you that the attention Galen got has wound up someone else, someone who wants the, um, spotlight on himself. A car emerges from under a tent, surging forward slowly and unevenly as though it had two drive trains instead of only one. Of course, the awkward steering could be the fact that the only visible driver of this car is standing on its roof, one hand wrapped tightly around a rope that is hitched under the hinges of its hood. He's young, with curly brown hair and nicely tanned skin for a white guy, and he's decided this rather odd old car is his personal bronco. The fact of a car in this crowd gets the crowd to part, and the sheer bravado of it gets him howls of amazement. He hoots in joy and appreciation.

It is clear to any but the entirely normal that this man is not a mortal man at all
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:47 PM   #4278
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
A car emerges from under a tent, surging forward slowly and unevenly as though it had two drive trains instead of only one. Of course, the awkward steering could be the fact that the only visible driver of this car is standing on its roof, one hand wrapped tightly around a rope that is hitched under the hinges of its hood. He's young, with curly brown hair and nicely tanned skin for a white guy, and he's decided this rather odd old car is his personal bronco. The fact of a car in this crowd gets the crowd to part, and the sheer bravado of it gets him howls of amazement. He hoots in joy and appreciation.

It is clear to any but the entirely normal that this man is not a mortal man at all
Sunae watches this stunned. This is the dance area, cars are not allowed to avoid damage. But more than that, all of the cars here have to be registered. She is angry, but worried. A violation like this can carry some heavy penalties. The kind of penalties that start fights. Maybe even cause deaths.

Well...if Sunae has her way, it surely will.

It was about this time when Sunae remembered the task Ryuki had asked of her. Feeling more than a little embarrassed for having forgotten, she went about completing it. It was actually pretty easy. What guy would object to a beautiful girl rubbing against them and feeling them up, even for such a short time? Add the alcohol consumption to that and it wouldn't be too hard to pull off. She puts the piece of paper in the pocket, always making sure not to target the one that has the guy's wallet. If not the pocket then in the waistband of under the collar and in the shirt. She will have to give a kiss or two, maybe even do a short make out session to allay suspicion, but so be it. It is Hot Import Nights so anything goes.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 09-06-2017 at 11:49 AM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:27 PM   #4279
Dalillama
 
Dalillama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Glen stares at the car wrangler. "And I thought our cowboy was taking the bit too far..."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:51 AM   #4280
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae watches this stunned. This is the dance area, cars are not allowed to avoid damage. But more than that, all of the cars here have to be registered. She is angry, but worried. A violation like this can carry some heavy penalties. The kind of penalties that start fights. Maybe even cause deaths.

Well...if Sunae has her way, it surely will.

It was about this time when Sunae remembered the task Ryuki had asked of her. Feeling more than a little embarrassed for having forgotten, she went about completing it. It was actually pretty easy. What guy would object to a beautiful girl rubbing against them and feeling them up, even for such a short time? Add the alcohol consumption to that and it wouldn't be too hard to pull off. She puts the piece of paper in the pocket, always making sure not to target the one that has the guy's wallet. If not the pocket then in the waistband of under the collar and in the shirt. She will have to give a kiss or two, maybe even do a short make out session to allay suspicion, but so be it. It is Hot Import Nights so anything goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen stares at the car wrangler. "And I thought our cowboy was taking the bit too far..."
This PDA doesn't bother Ryuki--in fact he seems rather relaxed. Corat, asexual that he is, focuses on the reckless fellow riding atop the odd car.

Ryuki gathers the remaining party to himself as closely as he's able, to get them in earshot. "In a few seconds a bunch of small Disturbances are going to go off at this party. Ignore them--I'm doing that. What I want you to help me with is to count who all else hears them. Watch body language. You ready?"
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in nomine

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.