Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #3791
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Cool slides into ice cold. "And now you have overplayed your hand." A game master ((not to be confused with a GM)) chiding a novice before sweeping in for the kill. "'Harmless'. Whoever else I told. You should learn restraint, starting with those tears. Your Grandfather has hurt you far worse and you didn't give him so much." He paused to refine his words and make sure no one planned to interfere. "You realize that--according to your brother anyway--Gabriel told him that he was wrong to throw you out of the family and that he had to make amends for that. 'Amends' apparently being stuffing a hot metal leash into your muscles, not, oh, I dunno," his tone is chilly with just a hint of sarcasm, "admitting he was wrong or that he'd been told." Clearly he hates the man or at least what he's done. "Nope. He gives you pain, and you lap it up because it's the best he's ever done for you. You need to stand up to him and be an adult, but you're too brainwashed to see that. And he, this immortal teleporting thing, hides among children and you plead with me to call off the ghost that haunts him. No. He needs to man up and draw it away from them. If he knows how."
"Why would I plead with you to call her off? I only mention it because I thought you and Glen would find such matters interesting. If you were not interested, you just had to say so."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #3792
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Why would I plead with you to call her off? I only mention it because I thought you and Glen would find such matters interesting. If you were not interested, you just had to say so."
He leans back in his chair, savoring victory. "So, anything else on your mind, princess?"
Old 12-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #3793
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He leans back in his chair, savoring victory. "So, anything else on your mind, princess?"
"Ryuki, you make absolutely no sense. As usual. As for the other..."

Somber pause

"It's nothing. Only a silly girl mourns the loss of something she never had. <shrug> It's fine."
Old 12-24-2015, 05:44 PM   #3794
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Ryuki, you make absolutely no sense. As usual. As for the other..."

Somber pause

"It's nothing. Only a silly girl mourns the loss of something she never had. <shrug> It's fine."
"I fight with words." He leans in to her just a little. "I make no sense because you've no training in that style. As for the other, that's your 'grandfather' talking. I'm sober--talk to me when you're an adult."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 12-24-2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: couldn't decide on the phrasing
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:22 PM   #3795
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"I fight with words." He leans in to her just a little. "I make no sense because you've no training in that style. As for the other, that's your 'grandfather' talking. I'm sober--talk to me when you're an adult."
"You are being a petulant child. You always get that way when confronted with something you don't like or understand. Talk to you when I'm an adult? Why don't you talk to me when you no longer need to hide behind your word games. Westerner."
Old 12-24-2015, 07:34 PM   #3796
Dalillama

"Get a room already, why don't you? Hells bells, you deserve each other. " Glen rubs his temples."Now, if I'm understanding correctly, your dead ******* grandad may be partially responsible fir this mess, because he picked a fight with someone out of hus weight class, and now we have to puck up his mess. Iis that about right?"
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #3797
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Get a room already, why don't you? Hells bells, you deserve each other. " Glen rubs his temples."Now, if I'm understanding correctly, your dead ******* grandad may be partially responsible fir this mess, because he picked a fight with someone out of hus weight class, and now we have to puck up his mess. Iis that about right?"
"I really have no idea what you are talking about. On the other, my grandfather had nothing to do with any of this. As far as we can tell, they struck first. We are at a loss as to the reason why, but since I am the only one who has had any contact with him, Grandfather thinks I may have inadvertently interfered with something."
Old 12-25-2015, 12:47 AM   #3798
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Quote:
"You are being a petulant child. You always get that way when confronted with something you don't like or understand. Talk to you when I'm an adult? Why don't you talk to me when you no longer need to hide behind your word games. Westerner."
Ryuki snickers, appreciating Glen's common sense. "'Petulant child'?" He does a spot-on Pee Wee Herman, "I know you are but what am I?" https://youtu.be/C5P5eQiKNQs?t=40s He can't resist icing the smug cake. "And yeah, I'm a Westerner. Newsflash: we won the war. As for your old dead man," ...

Quote:
"I really have no idea what you are talking about. On the other, my grandfather had nothing to do with any of this. As far as we can tell, they struck first. We are at a loss as to the reason why, but since I am the only one who has had any contact with him, Grandfather thinks I may have inadvertently interfered with something."
he slides easily into snide sarcasm, "he would never ever irritate anyone, so of course the other party had to hit first because he's innocent and sweet and warmfuzzy and wouldn't hurt a fly ever. So clearly it's your fault." He mugs just a little to make sure she gets that it's all sarcasm.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:59 AM   #3799
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Ryuki snickers, appreciating Glen's common sense. "'Petulant child'?" He does a spot-on Pee Wee Herman, "I know you are but what am I?"
It's obvious from the look on her face that she has no idea what he's doing.

Quote:
He can't resist icing the smug cake. "And yeah, I'm a Westerner. Newsflash: we won the war. As for your old dead man,"
"Why do you say he's dead? He's not."

Quote:
he slides easily into snide sarcasm, "he would never ever irritate anyone, so of course the other party had to hit first because he's innocent and sweet and warmfuzzy and wouldn't hurt a fly ever. So clearly it's your fault." He mugs just a little to make sure she gets that it's all sarcasm.
"No," Sunae says, speaking to him as one would speak to a young child, "He has never had any interaction with the Norse. Until recently they were nothing we ever thought about. My family and I are already in the midst of a war, why would we want to start another one?"

She sighs in exasperation, "Goodness Ryuki, what's gotten into you? A couple of stray tears and all of a sudden you are a complete ass. I know you don't approve of how Grandfather does things, but really, aren't you taking things a bit too far?"
Old 12-25-2015, 01:40 AM   #3800
tHEhERETIC

Mitch gets a phone call from the shop--it's Allen, the soldier who minds the place when he's not there. "Well, the good news is I'm okay and I've got a really interesting recording. The bad news is, we've been robbed."

Tags
in nomine