Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Yecats131

Default Rule Check - Super Munchkin & Half-Breed

Hi - I have another rule check for you guys:

For the Super Munchkin & Half Breed cards - Can you change how they are applied and if so are there any stipulations as to the timing?

For instance - The Rules state:

"You can discard a Class card at any time, even in combat:
“I don’t wanna be a wizard anymore.” When you discard a Class
card, you become classless until you play another Class card."

Could someone discard one of the class cards in combat and then have the Super Munchkin apply to all advantages and none of the disadvantages of each... or does the Super Munchkin go with the one card that is discarded? (Same question for the Half-Breed).

Also, if the Super Munchkin stays - can the player also play another class card during combat to have all advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks!
Yecats131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
SmokeRulz

Default Re: Rule Check - Super Munchkin & Half-Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yecats131 View Post
Could someone discard one of the class cards in combat and then have the Super Munchkin apply to all advantages and none of the disadvantages of each... or does the Super Munchkin go with the one card that is discarded? (Same question for the Half-Breed).
As long as Super Munchkin and Half-Breed still have 1 card attached to them, they'll stay out. So yeah, if you have 2 classes attached to a Super Munchkin and discard one of them during a combat, you still keep the Super Munchkin. Same with Half-Breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yecats131 View Post
Also, if the Super Munchkin stays - can the player also play another class card during combat to have all advantages/disadvantages?
As far as I can remember, yes you can. You can play a Race or Class any time you want, even in combat. Doing this can allow you to keep a Super Munchkin or a Half-Breed out that you would otherwise lose. I don't believe it says this in the rulebook but I think I've seen it mentioned elsewhere.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
thedag

I'm not trying to be confusing here but if you have an older version of munchkin then the super munchkin card must have two class cards on it or it is lost. It is worded that way and the suggestion is if you have an older printing then you should play with the older rules to prevent disputes and confusion.

Having said that if you have two classes and you want to replace that I understand you can discard one and replace it straight away without losing the super munchkin card. The half breed in both old and new versions can have just one race on it.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
SmokeRulz

I'm assuming Yecats has a current version of the Super Munchkin card, because he makes reference to the new text on it that matches the Half-Breed card.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRulz View Post
As far as I can remember, yes you can. You can play a Race or Class any time you want, even in combat. Doing this can allow you to keep a Super Munchkin or a Half-Breed out that you would otherwise lose. I don't believe it says this in the rulebook but I think I've seen it mentioned elsewhere.
You may play Class/Race cards immediately when you first get them or at any time during your turn, even if you are in combat, not "any time you want." The rules state, "These cards may be played to the table as soon as they are acquired, or at any time during your own turn."

Regardless of old or new rendition of the card, you may replace a Class card on Super Munchkin as long as you may play a Class card at that time.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 03-07-2011 at 05:01 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
SmokeRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
You may play Class/Race cards immediately when you first get them or at any time during your turn, even if you are in combat, not "any time you want."
Ack, yeah I forgot to add that in, my bad! Didn't mean to imply they can be played on other people's turns.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
Yecats131

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRulz View Post
I'm assuming Yecats has a current version of the Super Munchkin card, because he makes reference to the new text on it that matches the Half-Breed card.
She.. and Yes, I have the newer rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
You may play Class/Race cards immediately when you first get them or at any time during your turn, even if you are in combat, not "any time you want." The rules state, "These cards may be played to the table as soon as they are acquired, or at any time during your own turn."

Regardless of old or new rendition of the card, you may replace a Class card on Super Munchkin as long as you may play a Class card at that time.
Thank you for the clarification. :)
Yecats131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
Doctor Poo

In this case, would we treat helping someone in battle as "your turn" or is the restriction still in place for the helper?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Poo View Post
In this case, would we treat helping someone in battle as "your turn" or is the restriction still in place for the helper?
It's not the helper's turn, so, yes the restriction is still in place. The meaning of "your turn" doesn't change just because players can perform actions during other player's turns.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
race/class, super munchkin