Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #11
tigersteed13
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

I bought GUAL and after taking out all the misprinted ones from my deck and then I add all the regualer fantasy cards to my deck :)
tigersteed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
LxTrix
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

I know the biggest misprints are the old wizards and some messed up curses that are treasures.

Besides those are there any big ones this replaces? I dont just mean rewording or making cards simpler.
LxTrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #13
bonetm
 
bonetm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brazil
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

The Races. Halfing and Gnomes don't have -1 to Run Away anymore, and the Gnome power is completely different.
__________________
Igor Toscano
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

It's not really accurate to call the older cards "misprints." We changed some cards, but that was not because the older cards were errors but because we decided to tweak them. Anyone who is still playing with the older sets should not feel that they have cards with errors, because that wasn't the reason for the change.
__________________
Andrew Hackard || Munchkin Line Editor, Steve Jackson Games

Twitter: @SJGames || Facebook: SJ Games and Munchkin || Medium: @SJGames
Instagram: @stevejacksongames || YouTube: Steve Jackson Games

New Munchkin player? Visit our Munchkin 101 forum!
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #15
RL
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

There were a -lot- of cards changed in Go Up a Level, some of them significantly. Especially in the fantasy sets. I recommend purchasing it if you have the older fantasy sets.

-- Chad
__________________
Check out my Munchkin trade post
RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #16
Mister Ed
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

Of course in my case, the only set I have old enough to need replacements is the core Fantasy set, so I held out for Munchkin Deluxe, and I'm just going to replace the whole thing with updated, color cards with extra goodies besides. :-)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #17
MunchkinMan
Super Moderator
 
MunchkinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Macungie, PA
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

If I were to replace the updated cards from my oldest sets (which I've retired and have up in my "display case"), I'd need a special version of GUAL with cards that have only one color scheme. :-)

Of course, since those were purchased back in the days when I ran tourneys more frequently, I'd need 6 copies. . .

Now that I say that, I now think I might have too much Munchkin product sitting in my house. . .
__________________
Erik D. Zane
Munchkin NetRep -- munchkin@sjgames.com
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #18
Mister Ed
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
If I were to replace the updated cards from my oldest sets (which I've retired and have up in my "display case"), I'd need a special version of GUAL with cards that have only one color scheme. :-)
It is funny you should say that, because when I first heard of GUAL, I only had my old core Fantasy set, and I was put off by that very aspect.

Then I started buying expansions and realized that EVERYTHING was color these days. (And also realized that my need for GUAL was minimal, anyway, given that all the expansions I was buying were already updated...)

In a way, I was a little sad about that. Something about the old color-scheme just seemed appropriate to me, and given a choice I might well have chosen to keep my Fantasy cards, at least, that color. But I don't want to be one to stand in the way of progress, and NOT getting the expansions was not really an option, so full-color it is!
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #19
natesroom
 
natesroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
It is funny you should say that, because when I first heard of GUAL, I only had my old core Fantasy set, and I was put off by that very aspect.

Then I started buying expansions and realized that EVERYTHING was color these days. (And also realized that my need for GUAL was minimal, anyway, given that all the expansions I was buying were already updated...)

In a way, I was a little sad about that. Something about the old color-scheme just seemed appropriate to me, and given a choice I might well have chosen to keep my Fantasy cards, at least, that color. But I don't want to be one to stand in the way of progress, and NOT getting the expansions was not really an option, so full-color it is!
I have ended up with 3 fantasy sets... one really really old, One color, and one target set.
__________________
If i respond to your questions do no mistake me for a moderator... I'm just trying to be friendly and helpful, again I am just a player not a moderator
natesroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #20
Trsevener
 
Trsevener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Now that I say that, I now think I might have too much Munchkin product sitting in my house. . .
Blasphemy!
__________________
Ace Hunter - Megaforce: "It's all on the wheel. It all comes around."

Please check out my trade requests.

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
de-ranged, go up a level, reprint

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.