Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #31
majikfreak

Default Re: Marked for Death Demo Vs. My 6 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaff_fu View Post
My 8 year old learned the game fast just by watching. I have a list for a custom deck that is kid friendly, that someone posted years ago. I found this to be necessary if neighbor kids are playing or watching. You don't want the neighbor kid going home and telling their parents "Mr (your name) played his Kneepads of Allure on me".

Pat
I build a custom deck just for us... I would like to see your list if you can find it.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #32
Arukoto

My experience with playing with children is not let their mom play unless she is willing to stab her kid in the back for treasure and that fake thing called honor, by the way he was 4-5 years and english is the "second" language here, he got to level 9 in a flash... then had to leave due to bed time...

Then again played against a first timer in a tournament that was 9-10 and with tournament helpers help won the table. only bad thing was that the price was a Munchkin water bottle...
Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #33
thedag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arukoto View Post
My experience with playing with children is not let their mom play unless she is willing to stab her kid in the back for treasure and that fake thing called honor, by the way he was 4-5 years and english is the "second" language here, he got to level 9 in a flash... then had to leave due to bed time...

Then again played against a first timer in a tournament that was 9-10 and with tournament helpers help won the table. only bad thing was that the price was a Munchkin water bottle...
My wife and I played another game (am I allowed to mention it by name?) and she made her son cry. Her general rule seems to be that she won't play a game (including on facebook) unless she can make someone cry.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #34
majikfreak

I just got the Booty set (got the expansions for Christmas). My son and I played last night. He loves booty (the whole Pirate thing). I have the trapped chest promo and he played it on me last night. funny thing about it, I thought he played it wrong. He played it right... As I Looted the room. BOOM! I have to fight a dang tiger shark with a second shark he just decides to throw in for giggles and he gets my Parrot... LMAO... Good Times!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #35
majikfreak

Update:

My 6 year old won a 5 player game at GamesStorm last weekend. I was so proud of him. We were playing Star Munchkin.

He's really becoming a force to be reckoned with. He still loves his Munchkin Booty. He's a serious reader of class and race abilities... like the pirates, looting his wishing ring back 3 times in a row and saving himself from door curses.

He's newest favorite and mine, the Voodoo Zombie... Cursing and getting paided for it. Then retrieving and Re-cursing... Oh the fun! ... but not to the given of the curse, but the giver... He just giggles...

Last edited by majikfreak; 03-31-2011 at 09:52 AM.
majikfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #36
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMunch View Post
I... can't believe I'm only just realizing the Kneepads joke. Wow.
Is it confirmed that that WAS the intention? I mean, the thought DID cross my mind, but I just assumed that was reading too much into it. I had pretty much decided that the kneepads simply helped you get down on your knees and beg for help more effectively.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #37
jivjov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Is it confirmed that that WAS the intention? I mean, the thought DID cross my mind, but I just assumed that was reading too much into it. I had pretty much decided that the kneepads simply helped you get down on your knees and beg for help more effectively.
And that is exactly what it means. ;)
Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #38
MaesterKupo

This was my response to the Kneepads of Allure discussion when I started reading this thread: (From Frisky Dingo)

Killface: Or any uhh... "PC", it says here?
Brent: Yes, any Personal Computer with DVD capabiliti-
Killface: GREAT SCOTT!!
Valerie: [Screams out in panic]
Brent: What?
Killface: "PC"...Stands for "Personal Computer"... I just this moment got that... VALERIE!!!
Valerie: [Screams in panic again]
Killface: It's alright if you want to laugh.
[All three are silent]
Valerie: [Nervous laugh]
Killface: Good girl.

Last edited by MaesterKupo; 04-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.
MaesterKupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #39
Kirt

Mr. Freak, congrats to your child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Considering the expressions on the faces and fingers in the illustration, I don't see much begging involved - more of a quid pro quo. Notice also that they are called the "Kneepads of ALLURE", not the Kneepads of Efficacious Begging. I think the Original Intent is pretty obvious.

There are three core fantasy cards I take out when playing with Other People's Kids. Kneepads, Spiky Top, and Sneaky Bastard Sword.
Kirt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children, demo