Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
majikfreak
 
majikfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washougal, WA
Default Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

How many time can you use Tuba to try to run away? We slammed our buddy with like 4 big monsters and he Tuba'd away from them all...
__________________
Proud Founder of the Drunchkin League of America...
majikfreak is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
MunchkinMan
Super Moderator
 
MunchkinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Macungie, PA
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

Since it's a blanket +3 to Run Away, I can't see any other way to interpret the card: It's for every Monster.
__________________
Erik D. Zane
Munchkin NetRep -- munchkin@sjgames.com
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
J_Spade
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

I was once a half-breed elf halfling wearing the Boots of Running Really Fast and holding the Tuba of Charm. I got away from everything, ever.
J_Spade is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
Putney
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Spade View Post
I was once a half-breed elf halfling wearing the Boots of Running Really Fast and holding the Tuba of Charm. I got away from everything, ever.
To be a Munchkin, what if someone wandering monstered in the level one crabs?
The effects would combine and all monsters would be inescapable.
Putney is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

Nope. Combat effects combine; you Run Away from every monster independently.
__________________
Andrew Hackard, Munchkin Line Editor
#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Let people like what they like.
Andrew Hackard is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
Xylon Lionheart
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

Just to be sure, however, even if you run away from all three monsters, you still only pick up one treasure, right? You don't pick up a treasure per monster?
Xylon Lionheart is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
StaticHamster
 
StaticHamster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

You don't get any treasure for successfully running away normally.

So you don't get any treasure at all if you are running away, regardless how many monsters you successfully run away from unless a card changes that. Off hand I cannot think of one that does.
__________________
I am nothing but a figment of my own imagination
StaticHamster is offline  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:10 AM   #8
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticHamster View Post
You don't get any treasure for successfully running away normally.

So you don't get any treasure at all if you are running away, regardless how many monsters you successfully run away from unless a card changes that. Off hand I cannot think of one that does.
There's at least one: the Tuba of Charm. (Specifically, the revised version.)

I'll admit that the wording is unclear, but the INTENT was that you got one Treasure as you fled the combat, no matter how many monsters you fought. (And note that if you fail to Run Away and die, you do not get the Treasure, because Dead characters cannot receive cards for any reason -- another clarification made in the new rule version.)
__________________
Andrew Hackard, Munchkin Line Editor
#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Let people like what they like.
Andrew Hackard is offline  
Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #9
Kirt
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

Epic Gnome
Kirt is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #10
ComBAT
 
ComBAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Windsor Locks, CT
Default Re: Tuba of Charm .vs Multiple Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
There's at least one: the Tuba of Charm. (Specifically, the revised version.)

I'll admit that the wording is unclear, but the INTENT was that you got one Treasure as you fled the combat, no matter how many monsters you fought. (And note that if you fail to Run Away and die, you do not get the Treasure, because Dead characters cannot receive cards for any reason -- another clarification made in the new rule version.)
So, you snag a treasure simply by attempting to run away as long as the result isn't death? I assume that this treasure card is drawn after you have resolved all Bad Stuff.
ComBAT is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
run away, tuba of charm

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.