Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 11-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
malachi666

Default Silly Question RE PDFs

Hey Guys,

I was wondering about something. If SJG was to release a currently existing product electronically, would there be an announcement on the In Nomine page? The reason I ask is because I emailed the e23 people about whether there was a copy of the Ethereal Player's Guide floating around. I know it is out of print, but I thought i would take a chance to see if there may be an extra copy somewhere. The only one I found on ebay was 60-70 bucks, which is too much!

Anyway so the guy that replied told me that no there wasn't an extra copy laying around, but that they were planning on re-releasing it in PDF format. He said he didn't know the timeline on that project, just that it was planned.

So instead of checking the e23 website periodically, I was just curious if something like that is anounced on the main IN page.
malachi666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Silly Question RE PDFs

Based on the way they handled Zadkiel -- yes, a PDF release will be announced on the main In Nomine page, but it'll probably be announced on e23 first. The order then was e23 ... then forums ... then homepage/Twitter ... then IN home page, but I don't claim that'll be canonical every time.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Considering that the once-editable-by-an-offsite-person IN page has gone to "only editable by the webmaster," the IN page will probably be the last to get updated, and e23 will be the first. As soon as I see anything regarding IN stuff, I tend to wander over here, but it might take a day to show up on my radar.

If that helps!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

And tangentially related to PDFs -- the PDF version of the IN rules hit 500 copies sold today. This puts it at No. 42 on SJG's all-time list.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 11-30-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
ladyarcana55

I usually hear about new PDFs here.

BTW...

Any word on the EPG's transformation into PDF? That's the last book I need to complete my library for now...
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
robkelk
Untitled

The stock answer to "when will this book be available on e23" is "It'll be out when it's out". I'm told that there's so little delay between the PDF being ready to sell and the PDF actually being up for sale that there's no point in making any other announcements about them.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
tHEhERETIC

Okay, I'm sure you've heard about all the drama here in Korea. Now the chances of me having to run like hell out of the country are very, very slim, but nonetheless I want to be prepared.

Looking at Warehouse 23, and assuming that in a pinch it will be more important to get legal papers and clothes than game books ;) ...call me blind, but I don't see the Core rules book there! Is it digital only?

Looks like everything else I am hooked on want can be had in deadtree edition.

Is there any book out there (First editions aside) that can't be had at all? I know we've had this discussion, but there's no master list that I can think of.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
Andygal

Core rules, the GMG, the IPG, and L. Cant are all digital only at the moment. Along with the Superiors PDFs of course.

Maybe others are digital only. But I'm pretty sure everything is available in some form.

I might be wrong, I've been wrong before.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #9
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Core rules, the GMG, the IPG, and L. Cant are all digital only at the moment. Along with the Superiors PDFs of course.

Maybe others are digital only. But I'm pretty sure everything is available in some form.

I might be wrong, I've been wrong before.
W23 lists the Superiors books 1-4--I checked, as I rely on them rather heavily. the single Superiors yeah, digital only.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #10
Andygal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
W23 lists the Superiors books 1-4--I checked, as I rely on them rather heavily. the single Superiors yeah, digital only.
Well I know Sup1 is still in print as I bought it just recently.

Tags
meta