Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 10-25-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
kerningkev

Default Zombie Dice in Unexploded Cow

I recently came up with a possible use for a Zombie Dice die in conjunction with Unexploded Cow (a Cheapass Games offering). The Zombie die comes into play during the Bomb Roll.

When making a Bomb Roll, roll a standard 6-sided die and one Zombie Dice die. The standard die functions as usual (selecting which Cow finds a bomb). The Zombie die influences how the bomb is dealt with...

Shotgun/Explosion -- Cow encounters a live bomb as per standard Unexploded Cow gameplay

Brain -- a.k.a. An Opportune Moment of Clarity; Cow, at the direction of the owner, is able either to hand the live bomb to another cow on either side of it in same field or to take one for the team (i.e. deal with the bomb itself)

Footsteps (variation 1) -- Cow wanders out of field without incident (i.e. no explosion); decide at beginning of game if Footsteps mean the Cow will head to the draw pile, the discard pile, or out of play for the rest of the game

Footsteps (variation 2) -- Cow steps over bomb, leaving it unexploded and ending the turn; Cow remains in field

As the differently colored Zombie dice have different Shotgun/Brain/Footsteps distributions, choosing which color to use can affect the balance of strategy and chance involved in the game. I'm inclined to use a red Zombie Dice die, but yellow does offer an equal chance for each result. Green would seem to offer a chance for a bit more strategy.

Any comments, questions, or suggestions about the above variation rules are most welcome.
kerningkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Zombie Dice in Unexploded Cow

No comments on the game itself ... but this has to be a contender for the Coolest Thread Title Ever.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote