Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

Default The 2010 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

(EDIT: Thread now closed. But the 2011 speculation thread is up and running! --PK)

SCAR did this last year; here's a 2010 thread. My guesses for the next month are in Green.

January 7th: GURPS WWII Classic: Frozen Hell
January 14th: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 9: Summoners
January 21st: Pyramid #3/15: Transhuman Space
January 28th: GURPS Spaceships 7: Divergent and Paranormal Tech
February 4th: Transhuman Space Classic, Transhuman Space: Teralogos News - 2100, Fourth Quarter (FREE)
February 11th: Transhuman Space Classic: Fifth Wave, Transhuman Space: Teralogos News - 2101, First Quarter (FREE)
February 18th: Pyramid #3/16: Historical Exploration, The Stars Are Right Scoring Track (FREE)
February 25th: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 10: Taverns
March 4th: Transhuman Space Classic: In The Well, Transhuman Space: Teralogos News - 2101, Second Quarter (FREE), The Stars Are Right Invocation Symbol Counters (FREE)
March 11th: Transhuman Space Classic: Deep Beyond, Transhuman Space: Teralogos News - 2101, Third Quarter (FREE)
March 18th: Pyramid #3/17: Modern Exploration
March 25th: Transhuman Space Classic: High Frontier
April 1st: GURPS Psionic Campaigns, GURPS Alphabet Arcane: Lost Serifs (FREE)
April 8th: Transhuman Space Classic: Broken Dreams
April 15th: GURPS Classic: Blood Types
April 22nd: Pyramid #3/18: Space Exploration
April 29th: Cardboard Heroes: Cowboys and Indians, GURPS Big Lizzie
May 6th: GURPS Psis
May 13th: GURPS Classic: Vikings (Second Edition)
May 20th: Pyramid #3/19: Tools of the Trade - Clerics
May 27th: GURPS City Stats
June 3rd: GURPS Traveller Classic: Nobles
June 10th: GURPS Classic: Illuminati
June 17th: Pyramid #3/20: Infinite Worlds
June 24th: GURPS Spaceships 8: Transhuman Spacecraft, Space Gamer #27, Space Gamer #28
July 1st: no release
July 8th: GURPS Classic: Alternate Earths 2, Space Gamer #29
July 15th: GURPS Classic: Middle Ages 1, Space Gamer #30
July 22nd: Pyramid #3/21: Cyberpunk, Space Gamer #31
July 29th: GURPS Fantasy-Tech 1: The Edge of Reality, Space Gamer #32
August 5th: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 11: Power-Ups, Space Gamer #33
August 12th: GURPS Classic: Y2K, Space Gamer #34
August 19th: Pyramid #3/22: Banestorm, Space Gamer #35
August 26th: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 12: Ninja, Space Gamer #36
September 2nd: GURPS Traveller Classic: Star Mercs, Space Gamer #37
September 9th: GURPS Traveller Classic: Alien Races 3, Space Gamer #38
September 16th: GURPS WWII Classic: Motor Pool, Space Gamer #39
September 23rd: Pyramid #3/23: Action Adventures, Space Gamer #40
September 30th: GURPS Classic: Atomic Horror, Space Gamer #41
October 7th: Suppressed Transmission, Space Gamer #42
October 14th: GURPS Low-Tech, Space Gamer #43
October 21st: Pyramid #3/24: Bio-Tech, Space Gamer #44
October 28th: GURPS Magic: Plant Spells, Space Gamer #45
November 4th: Suppressed Transmission 2, Space Gamer #46
November 11th: GURPS Low-Tech Companion 1: Philosophers and Kings, Space Gamer #47
November 18th: Pyramid #3/25: Epic Magic, Space Gamer #48
November 24th: GURPS Crusades, Space Gamer #49
December 2nd: GURPS Supporting Cast: Age of Sail Pirate Crew, GURPS Classic: Undead, Space Gamer #50
December 9th: GURPS Low-Tech Companion 2: Weapons and Warriors, Mini Car Wars, Space Gamer #51
December 16th: Pyramid #3/26: Undersea Adventures, Car Wars City Blocks 2, GURPS Classic: Best of Pyramid 2, In Nomine: Ethereal Player's Guide, The AADA Vehicle Guide, The Munchkin's Guide To Power Gaming, Space Gamer #52
December 23rd: No release
December 30th: No release

The final count for 2010 included 12 Pyramid issues, 7 freebies, 20 classic GURPS items, 24 issues of Space Gamer, and 17 new GURPS books (not including Pyramid).

Last edited by PK; 01-07-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

Default Re: The 2010 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

Upcoming Products

In addition to these forums, my sources include the blogs of Dr. Kromm, Phil Masters, and William H. Stoddard and Rev. Pee Kitty's Twitter. Roger Burton West's GURPS Fourth Edition: What's Coming Up is more exhaustive and less speculative than this thread will be.

Space Gamer
Starting the week of 6/24/10, SJGames has begun uploading their back issues of Space Gamer. Per Steven Marsh "new" issues will be uploaded each Thursday along with the usual e23 releases.

The issues released under SJG's tenure comprised #27-76 and the 6-issue run of Fantasy Gamer.

Upcoming Pyramid Issues
Monsters In Space!
Thaumatology II
Psionics
Silver Ships and Solar Skies

Taken from here. It warns that "the exact order of "TBA" issues is subject to change," but the order listed has equaled the order released thus far. Issues almost always come out on the second-to-last Thursday of the month.

Upcoming GURPS Books (in rough order of probable release)

-GURPS Powers: Divine Favor (comments turned around as of December 17th, should be released in early 2011; hints dropped here and here)
-GURPS Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics (preview PDF checked as of December 17th; early 2011 release likely)
-GURPS Horror (rough PDF reviewed as of December 3rd; working on art; expected in 2011)
-GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1 (in production as of December 3rd
-Volume 1 of RPK's "Project M" (rough PDF checked as of December 17th, 2011 release date set; real title begins GURPS Mon... and is abbreviated MH; described as "Mix 2 c. Dungeon Fantasy, 2 c. Action, 2 c. Black Ops, 1 c. Voodoo, 1 c. Powers, and 2 tsp. Psionics into 1 qt. Horror:", and should also include "2-1/2 c. Thaumatology"; series includes "powers, magic, vampires, and violence", "chupacabras, rogue angels, and axes", "curses, hunting, undergrounds, and plagues", "hordes, werewolves, and energy gathering", and "hand-loaded thermate rounds, Adrenal-Muscular Trigger, and divinations."; will be compatible with Divine Favor, Gun Fu, Thaumatology, Psionic Powers, etc; first leaked here; description of project here; confirmed as multiple volumes here and here)
-Volume 2 of RPK's "Project M" (rough PDF checked as of December 17th, 2011 release date set; will include "database hacking", "maze-like tombs", and "mesmerizing taint"; RPK edits for final draft in progress as of October 27th; includes "Chapter 2: Being Awesome")
-Transhuman Space: Cities on the Edge (90-page preview PDF in review as of September 17th; contains sample adventure)
-GURPS Tactical Shooting (content complete as of October 29th, should have art by early January and be released first quarter 2011)
-Transhuman Space: Martial Arts 2100 (final draft edits made as of July 29th)
-GURPS Reign of Steel: Will to Live (final draft received the week of July 9th, has had "mini-playtest")
-GURPS Social Engineering (playtest in progress as of December 4th)
-Transhuman Mysteries (edited draft received at SJG as of July 23rd)
-GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: Loadouts (final draft submitted week of October 8th)
-GURPS Psi-Tech (peer review in progress as of December 17th)
-Volume 3 of RPK's "Project M" (first draft reviewed as of December 17th; includes "puncture tube", "undroppable flaming sword", and "parasites"; vignettes involve "reggae zombie party", "hookers from hell", and "kamikaze fire-bears"; will provide uses for wildcard skills at higher relative levels, "stats and details for a bunch of monsters" and SEAL teams fighting mutated animals)
-GURPS Infinite Worlds: Worlds of Horror (first draft being reviewed as of December 17th)
-Matt Riggsby DF adventure (first draft received week of September 3rd)
-unknown Dan Howard project (first draft received as of December 3rd)
-unknown Matt Riggsby project (first draft received as of December 3rd)
-Volume 4 of RPK's "Project M" (being outlined)
-Warren Wilson project ("saw forward progress" the week of June 18th)
-Hans-Christian Vortisch "future work" (mentioned in May GURPS news)
-"Secret project by Peter Dell'Orto" ("made significant headway" week of May 7th; might be the same as the DF item discussed above)
-unknown Bill Stoddard project (being negotiated as of September 24th)
-unknown Phil Masters big project (contract signed as of September 2nd, rules issues being sorted out as of September 24th)
-GURPS Vehicle Design (major revised draft undergoing extensive playtest and multiple revisions as of December 30th; final draft in early 2011 probable)
-GURPS Girl Genius ("being actively worked on" as of July 19th; "even a guess" at a release date wouldn't be feasible)
-GURPS Bestiary (March 19th: "the wheel turned another few degrees on GURPS Bestiary this week. It isn't just parked"; made more progress on 4/30/10)

That's 28 possible future releases that have been discussed thus far.

Last edited by jalapeno_dude; 12-31-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Vehicle Design Update
Old 05-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
talonthehand

Very nifty! It's useful to find a list of speculated releases. The only thing that jumped out at me was the "y.t." on a couple of Dungeon Fantasy pdfs. Odds are that y.t. stands for "Yours Truly", and since those were listed on Kromm's blog, they probably refer to Kromm.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
tratclif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_dude View Post
Upcoming Products

-GURPS Horror (intermediate draft reviewed as of April 30th, "Ken and I arrived at a plan of action to ensure that we'll have a book in 2011")
-GURPS Infinite Worlds: Worlds of Horror (progress made on a first draft as of December 18th, 2009; "support material" for GURPS Horror, so presumably won't be released until after Horror is)
*sigh*. It's good that Ken has Real Job now, but I miss his writing for GURPS.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonthehand View Post
Very nifty! It's useful to find a list of speculated releases. The only thing that jumped out at me was the "y.t." on a couple of Dungeon Fantasy pdfs. Odds are that y.t. stands for "Yours Truly", and since those were listed on Kromm's blog, they probably refer to Kromm.
Ah, that makes sense. Hadn't realized y.t. = "yours truly." Have edited above to reflect that--I was double-counting a DF book by mistake.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tratclif
*sigh*. It's good that Ken has Real Job now, but I miss his writing for GURPS.
IKWYM. At least he has gotten better about posting to his blog lately.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
robkelk
Untitled

Anyone have any leads regarding non-GURPS stuff? (I'd like to know whether I should bother waiting for any more official Car Wars, In Nomine, or Ogre products...)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

In light of this post, a June release for Plant Spells seems unlikely; I've edited the first post with a more realistic/less optimistic schedule for June.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #9
eustakos

Could this be sticky ?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

I've edited the first post to reflect the release of GURPS Traveller Classic: Nobles--a classic item as I'd predicted.

I've been editing and will continue to edit the first couple posts as new information becomes available, but it's not worth a new post each time that happens. So I'll just update you guys on new information every Thursday.

It's of course been less than a week since I posted this thread, so I'll only draw your attention to this post giving more information on PK's second new item.
Closed Thread