Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 09-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #111
Imion

Default Re: GURPS Official Template List

Added the template and lenses from GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 19: Incantation Magic.

Last edited by Imion; 11-11-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Imion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #112
Hellboy
Banned

am responding to http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=103875 which says to reply in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imion View Post
Animal Ally, Insect Swarm (GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 5: Allies, p. 9) [187]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imion View Post
Insect Man (GURPS Banestorm, p. 192) [29]
Insect Warrior (GURPS Banestorm, p. 192) [25]
Does anyone know if there's ever been a template for any individual insects rather than a swarm or a giant one?

I'm trying to design an ability where when you fall asleep your mind can awake in the form of a moth, bird or bat. This would be Alternate Form (B83) with the "Projected Form" limitation (P75, equivalent to Projection on P44) plus I'd also be adding 'Uncontrollable' and 'Unconscious Only' and ' along with required disadvantages like Berserk and Bloodlust because it's supposed to reflect your id acting out to hurt its enemies in your sleep when you otherwise wouldn't. I'm not sure what "Accessibility: Only While Asleep" would be worth, B110 says Night Only is -20% so I figure it might be something similar to that.

Frequency can vary from once every 36 hours to once a month, depending on stress levels, but I figure that's not worth extra since it would fall under the GM roleplaying Uncontrollable, as opposed to taking Unreliable which doesn't seem to mesh with Unconscious Only.

Doing 'Non-Reciprocal Rest' but not damage (hurting the bat/bird/moth hurts the sleeper) and also Amnesia as a follow-up disadvantage per 'Aftermath' in Power-Ups 8 page 11.

I'm basing this on Mindwipe from Psionic Powers 62 where "Feature: Instead of the target getting amnesia for the next few minutes, it applies to the last few minutes." is allowed for the Total Amnesia (B123) disadvantage.

Basically after your 'evil moth' dream ends, you have no clue what it was up to.

This could also be less extreme where you remember what it did only as a dream which you don't think was you, in which case it could be bought up to Partial Amnesia instead of Total.

Quote:
Familiar, Bat (GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 5: Allies, p. 21) [62]
Familiar, Owl (GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 5: Allies, p. 23) [62]
This covers 2 of the 3 possibilities. I know they reflect smarter/sturdier versions of the real animals (who would probably be negative points, not 62) but it suits wanting to take on an animal form without losing mental faculties or being flimsy.

Although when I checked DF5 it looked like Bats were 37 and Owls 38 but then I realized that was just the point cost of getting one as an ally which is smaller than the actual cost of them.

B84 mentions a bear template that's 125 points but it must be some kind of forest Dwarf super-bear since of the other examples it only seems to surpass one on Imion's list:
Quote:
Animal Ally, Bear (GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 5: Allies, p. 6) [187]
Bear (Were-Form) (GURPS Horror, p. 61) [18]
Guardian Bear (GURPS Transhuman Space: Bio-Tech 2100, p. 23) [79]
Parahuman, Mars Adapt ("Red Bear") (GURPS Transhuman Space: Bioroid Bazaar, p. 14) [38]
Skin-Turner Animal Form (Bear) (GURPS Fantasy, p. 209) [-2]
Werebear (GURPS Banestorm, p. 201) [30]
Even though bat/owl fit the concept (a raven would too but I don't see any templates for small birds, just large ones like a Hawk on Allies 23... although page 21 does say you can the Hawk template to represent a LARGE raven, the concept is supposed to be small birds so I'd need to tweak it) I'd prefer the 'moth' concept since it's creepier to have your mind manifest as a moth who can go hurt people.

Is it possible for us to include 3E templates and just update their cost to 4E if any components changed price? For example:
Quote:
Familiar, Rabbit (GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 5: Allies, p. 24) [62]
This made me think of B&B which doesn't have a straightforward template for Rabbits since it makes them the baseline... but it does mention that in a system with the average rabbit is IQ 10 that humans are 30+ so we might assume a 1/3 ratio at least in IQ. Insects aren't given much attention even on this scale but there is an Arthropod language on 29.

Last edited by Hellboy; 10-07-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:16 PM   #113
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Anything with significantly less than 1 HP is mostly below GURPS resolution. Many things that kill insects do 0 damage in GURPS. Although you don't really need a template here, do you? You can assume the cost is low enough that the Alternate Form is 15 points.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:08 AM   #114
mook

Spreadsheet Updated
mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #115
Imion

Added the templates and lenses from GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Swashbucklers.

Last edited by Imion; 01-06-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #116
Imion

Added the occupational and racial templates from Discworld Roleplaying Game, Pyramid #3/97: Strange Powers, and Pyramid #3/98: Welcome to Dungeon Fantasy.

Last edited by Imion; 02-17-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #117
Imion

Added the occupational lenses and racial templates from Pyramid #3/99: Death and Beyond and Pyramid #3/100: Pyramid Secrets.

Last edited by Imion; 04-29-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #118
Imion

Added the racial templates from Pyramid #3/101: Humor and Pyramid #3/102: Epic.

Last edited by Imion; 08-10-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #119
Imion

Added the Super-Sorcerer template from Pyramid #3/105: Cinematic Magic.

Last edited by Imion; 12-19-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #120
Imion

Added the Young Hunter templates from Pyramid #3/107: Monster Hunters III as well as the Mage-Hunter template and Songshaper lens from Pyramid #3/109: Thaumatology V.

Last edited by Imion; 12-28-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Tags
templates