Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #201
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Soma and Rudy

Nothing catches Rudy's eye during the half-hour while she wanders the streets of Davis. She comes back to Penny's shop, finding Penny a bit cleaned up and in a new outfit.

The three of you are ready to go. How do you want to Ascend? Find a Tether? Try to do it directly?
"So Penny, how many folks have 'ears to hear' 'round here?" Rudy asks. "Hate to leave a sonic boom in anyone's ears if we all take off together."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #202
rknop

Penny responds, "Usually, not a lot, but I have to admit that being visited by Triads so often has made me very timid. You never know when they're lurking about just ready to pointedly question you about why you're making so much noise in the Symphony."
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #203
Rocket Man

Quote:
Penny responds, "Usually, not a lot, but I have to admit that being visited by Triads so often has made me very timid. You never know when they're lurking about just ready to pointedly question you about why you're making so much noise in the Symphony."
"Good point," Rudy agrees. She unrolls and re-rolls the sleeves of her work shirt, positioning them just right for the heat of the day. Her heart is urging her to go, go, go straight upward as fast as she can, but she knows that would be letting her Lady down and maybe make a longer road for everyone.

"Time to hit the stairs then. Know any good ways up? Somewhere close, where folks aren't so nosy?" The smile, bright as a sunflower emerges again. "I'd take you back to the Park with me, but three on a bike's a lot, even for me."

She turns to a sharp tweeting nearby. "Four on a bike," she corrects herself to Soma's indignant bird. "Sorry 'bout that."

Old 08-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #204
rknop

"I do have my own bike," Penny says, with a small laugh. "But, no need to head all the way back down to San Fran. There's a Trade tether that I hang out at sometimes over near the site of the rail depot where this town was founded in the first place. How about we use that?"
Old 08-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #205
ladyarcana55

Soma smiles

"I would love to accompany you. I'm sure Avaria wouldn't mind vising friends too."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #206
Rocket Man

"Sounds like a plan." Rudy mounts her bike and motions for Soma and her little friend to join. "Grab your wheels and I'll race you down there!"

It sounds cockier than it is. No, Rudy can't pin down a Tether supernaturally ... but "the rail depot where this town was founded" is just enough description for an Ofanite to start rolling. And what could look more natural than two Wheels riding heaven-for-leather?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #207
Dalillama

Quote:
Heb Rhoneniel, Baz, and Naomi

Jim Davies responds, "Ah, well, if the Big Cheese calls, I answer. It turns out that I'm already up near your neck of the woods-- not to far, anyway. I'm currently in Montery Bay. Any chance you can meet me there, so we can head directly south on the boat?"
"I can do that," Baz replies, assuming he can hear it.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #208
rknop

Soma and Rudy

Somasti and Avaria hop on Rudy's bike. Rudy takes off like the wind, even faster than before, and Somasti may even begin to fear for her vessel.

Alas, Rudy's instincts are slightly off, and while she does arrive at the site of the historic depot, Penny has managed to arrive ahead of them, and indeed is leaning on her bike adopting a nonchalant "I was wondering when you might get here" sort of attitude... albeit one marred by a mischeveous smile.

[I rolled a 10 for Rudy's resonance roll, so she didn't quite suss out the location of the Tether.]

[I hope you will forgive me if I leave the Tether a bit abstract for now; I don't want to overcommit on its nature at the moment! If it becomes important later, I'll have more information about what it looks like, who is there, and it's celestial characteristics.]

At the tether, you hear the low level of Disturbance in the Symphony that's always going on around a Tether (at least one that doesn't have a feature that masks that noise). So, when you each blow two points of Essence and assume Celestial form, nobody nearby is likely to think too terribly much about it. You all end up in Heaven. You know immediately that you're in Commerce Park; the hustle and bustle of angelic commerce, trade, haggling, and generally having a good time is hard to mistake.

Let me know how you proceed.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #209
rknop

Naomi, Heb Rhoneniel, and Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
"I can do that," Baz replies, assuming he can hear it.
Let's assume he can.

Do you three want to do anything else, or shall we assume that you pile into Baz's car and head for Monterey Bay?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #210
Rocket Man

Quote:
Soma and Rudy

You all end up in Heaven. You know immediately that you're in Commerce Park; the hustle and bustle of angelic commerce, trade, haggling, and generally having a good time is hard to mistake.

Let me know how you proceed.
Rudy thrills at the feel of being in Heaven again. The spinning fire of her celestial form looks more like a wreath, casting off small blossoms of flame with every spin. And while it's the Glade and the Party Lawn that are truly home, Marc's bazaar comes close; the constant motion and energy are an Ofanite's dream.

It's not a pleasure call, of course. Still, she can't help but luxuriate in the feel of being close to the Source again, or at least, in a place where the barriers are no thicker than veils. She looks to Penny, hoping to see a little more ease in her friend's form.

"It's good to be back, isn't it?" she says, her wheels brushing against Penny's for a moment, then catching Soma and her friend as they complete the circuit.

"Holding hands" with each of them, the green of her wheels turns a little darker in pleasure, an Ofanite's smile. "Well," she tells Penny, "shall we go see your friends?" Since Angelic holds nothing back, the phrase also carries undertones of and do the job we all came here to do, and maybe put all of our minds at ease.

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp