Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #101
ladyarcana55

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Rudy whispers back. "Trust me. I have a good feeling about this. Besides, she's sharp enough to figure out what's going on from our earlier questions -- and who's safer to talk to than an angel who spends most of her time in a Tether protected by Novalis?"
"But, will it protect her from a Triad?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #102
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Rudy looks Soma in the eye. "She's family," she says simply. "I don't mislead family." There's a sense that the Ofanite has more to say, but is waiting for a better time to say it.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #103
ladyarcana55

Soma accepts that and sits down. From here on out she will observe while everyone else asks their questions.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #104
rknop

Euodias takes the water bottle from Rudy, thanks her, takes a swig, and hands the water bottle back.

"Honestly, I don't remember the party all that well any more," she says. "In my memory, it's swamped by the next whirlwind week of talking to Eli and eventually being Redeemed. I'd been hiding out for several weeks beforehand; I'd had a close brush with nearly being caught by some Gamesters, and had been afraid to show myself. But I got very lonely, and also... well, I guess I just felt the need to reach out and connect. So I, er, managed to finagle an invitation to this party from somebody I happened to meet when I finally went out. This was in a town in Pennsylvania somewhere, not too terribly far from Philly. I'm sorry I can 't tell you anything more that might help."

Eudodias smiles at the various people who've expressed curiosity about Bright Lilim. "I get that a lot. And, I suppose we Gifters deserve it, after all the time we spend staring at Malakim shortly after being redeemed.... I honestly don't know what to say. I mean, I feel the same, but I feel different. I guess all of you other angels, if you Fall, or if a demon Redeems, your nature changes... more than mine did. Which makes me nervous sometimes. My resonance with the Symphony is still exactly the same; in fact, I can't even really remember how it was even able to work when I was so caught up in myself that I didn't really connect to the true Symphony. I still value freedom, but I've come to understand that requiring yourself never to give anything without a true quid pro quo is not freedom at all, but just slavery to another set of restrictions. I also understand that freedom includes the ability to suborn yourself to something greater that you believe in. And... well, I guess I was starting to feel the righteous anger at what so many demons were doing to people even before I was Redeemed, and that's why the Redemption worked at all in the first place."

Alastair tut-tuts Euodias again, and says, "Now, let's not get too caught up with righteous anger, shall we?"

Euodias rolls her eyes, and says, "Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything rash. It's just... well, it's just so sad that so many willfully push themselves away from the nurture and truth of the Symphony."

"I guess what's weirdest is that there are so few of us Brights. Ya know? The Malakim police themselves, and I hear rumors that they have a floating club or party or something they all hang out at. All the rest of you have many others around who have such a similar nature, that there are a lot of people who really understand how you think. I've only met a couple of other Brights. Most of those like me... aren't like me at all any more. So, while I don't feel lonely by any means, I always feel a little... out of place, I guess? That is, I know I'm in the right place, but it just seems wrong that more of my sister Lilim haven't come to understand that."

She sighs. "Back to what you're really asking about, I wish Eli had come to visit me again, but I suppose that like any archangel, he's terribly busy, and has a lot of pulls on his time. In fact, I guess in retrospect I'm kind of surprised he had as much time as he did to spend with me in brief spurts over that week before I was Redeemed. I had heard the rumors that he had left heaven, but of course, in Hell, there are all kinds of rumors that are false about all of the archangels. It took me some time after I settled down to realize just how odd Eli's situation really was. And, yeah, I guess he seemed kind of distracted early on, but he was so focused on me during that week before my Redemption, and I was so befuddled after it, that I just don't remember a lot of details about how he was behaving."

"I guess it was kind of strange that he said he thought he 'still' knew how to Redeem someone...."
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #105
ladyarcana55

Soma smiles gently at her.

"I understand how you feel when you say you feel out of place. I feel that way sometimes, that is why I left for the natural world. When I was young, I happened to meet Malakar, a Seraph who willingly took the role as my mentor. Through him I learned to appreciate silence and the sounds of Nature because those sounds have more truth than the spoken word. Over time I came to dislike the spoken word. The spoken word is very deceptive and misleading. So I am a Friend of Man who really does not act like a Friend of Man. I prefer my solitude or the company of a few beings. It is very difficult to explain to others."

"As to my question to you as a Gifter, I was just wondering mainly how your gift work. When you look upon a person, what do you see? I know that with me, I see images and I sometimes hear about what I am looking at. Do you see something similar?"
Old 09-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #106
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Euodias takes the water bottle from Rudy, thanks her, takes a swig, and hands the water bottle back.

"Honestly, I don't remember the party all that well any more," she says. "In my memory, it's swamped by the next whirlwind week of talking to Eli and eventually being Redeemed. I'd been hiding out for several weeks beforehand; I'd had a close brush with nearly being caught by some Gamesters, and had been afraid to show myself. But I got very lonely, and also... well, I guess I just felt the need to reach out and connect. So I, er, managed to finagle an invitation to this party from somebody I happened to meet when I finally went out. This was in a town in Pennsylvania somewhere, not too terribly far from Philly. I'm sorry I can 't tell you anything more that might help."
"Any small bit of information would help. If there's anything that I've learned in my recent work it's that amazing things can be accomplished by putting together enough tiny bits of data." Baz gives her an encouraging smile, and pulls out his palm top to take notes. "Can you recall what sort of neighborhood it was in? Run down or fancy? Was it a big town, or just a wide spot in the road? Things like that would help. Also, if you could recall the names of anyone involved, the host, the person you got the invite from, or even the name that Eli was using at the time, we might be able to do something with it. I hate to press you like this, but any little bit can help."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #107
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Rudy chuckles silently as Baz goes into analytical mode, walks over to Alistair and offers him the water bottle, leading him a few steps away from the others if he'll let her (but not out of sight of his charge). "Might as well get comfy," she says to him, leaning aganst a tree. "When Baz gets going, it can take a while for him to slow down. "

Reaching behind her, she runs her hands up and down the rough bark of the tree, enjoying the texture. "So how's Soren doing?" she asks him. "It's been about two weeks since I've seen him last ... I was half-expecting him to thank me for the quiet."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #108
Acolyte

Whenever there is a lull in the questioning/answering, Heb Rhoneniel reaches out and embraces the Bright (a bit awkwardly to be true, but mostly he attempts to mimic the comforting gesture Soma gave him).

"I admit I cannot fully understand how you feel, Gifter, but know that it is the Truth that you belong in the service of God, where you are today. That your sisters," he chokes on the word a little, as it sounds almost blasphemous, "do not yet know this is the fault of the Great Deceiver Lucifer, not your own. When the time comes for action, I think it very likely you will act as angelically as any Malakite."
Old 09-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #109
rknop

Quote:
Reaching behind her, she runs her hands up and down the rough bark of the tree, enjoying the texture. "So how's Soren doing?" she asks him. "It's been about two weeks since I've seen him last ... I was half-expecting him to thank me for the quiet."
Alastair heads a short ways away with Rudy, taking a swig from the water bottle. "Oh, you know Soren. I don't know how somebody can be so completely at peace with the world when there is so much around to disapprove of...."

The Mercurians among you may notice that Euodias relaxes a bit as Alastair is not hovering so close over her.

Quote:
"As to my question to you as a Gifter, I was just wondering mainly how your gift work. When you look upon a person, what do you see? I know that with me, I see images and I sometimes hear about what I am looking at. Do you see something similar?"
"Oh, interesting!" Euodias says. "It's very hard to describe. I just sort of... know what the person needs. I can tell. Something about reality right around the person just feels that way. I don't think I see images, really, as such... I mean, I can visualize them with what they need, but... well, I guess I just kind of can tell."

Quote:
"Any small bit of information would help. If there's anything that I've learned in my recent work it's that amazing things can be accomplished by putting together enough tiny bits of data." Baz gives her an encouraging smile, and pulls out his palm top to take notes. "Can you recall what sort of neighborhood it was in? Run down or fancy? Was it a big town, or just a wide spot in the road? Things like that would help. Also, if you could recall the names of anyone involved, the host, the person you got the invite from, or even the name that Eli was using at the time, we might be able to do something with it. I hate to press you like this, but any little bit can help."
Euodias shakes her head sadly. "I fear I don't know any details. It was outside Philly... wait, now that you mention it, I think it was near Haverford and Bryn Mawr. But, I really don't remember the name of the person I got the invitation from, exactly where the party was, or anything else like that."

Euodias is a little surprised when Heb-Rhoneniel hugs her, and says what he says, she responds in a sincere tone of voice, "Thank you."

(When you guys think you're done talking to Euodias, let me know, and I can have the sundry NPCs wander off so you can plan your next move. If you want to talk more to her, feel free.)
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #110
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
"Oh, interesting!" Euodias says. "It's very hard to describe. I just sort of... know what the person needs. I can tell. Something about reality right around the person just feels that way. I don't think I see images, really, as such... I mean, I can visualize them with what they need, but... well, I guess I just kind of can tell."
"That is really interesting, I like that."

Soma dwells on that for a few moments, then looks up after she answers Bez,

"Actually, I was wondering, what was he like, Eli? Can you tell us that? That is really more my curiosity"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 09-09-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp