Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #21
Elane Lewis

Default Re: Resident Evil Template

Oh these are awesome!
Elane Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
Ragitsu
Banned

Can these Hunters jump ten feet straight up? I seem to recall them making some prodigious leaps. I also never recall any moment in the games where they display the ability to visually discriminate between heat patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPoS View Post
These creatures are based on Resident Evil games, NOT the (IMO) crappy movies, and follows original Resident Evil Lore.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46...Icons/clap.gif

Last edited by Ragitsu; 06-11-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #23
PPoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elane Lewis View Post
Oh these are awesome!
Thanks :) There are more to come; Licker, T-002 and some other goodies ;)

Also; I forgot to add Terror to the creatures, but it's better if you (whom is using them) decide exactly how scary they really are.
PPoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #24
Elane Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPoS View Post
Thanks :) There are more to come; Licker, T-002 and some other goodies ;)

Also; I forgot to add Terror to the creatures, but it's better if you (whom is using them) decide exactly how scary they really are.
Fantastic, exactly what I was looking for.
Elane Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #25
PPoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu View Post
Can these Hunters jump ten feet straight up? I seem to recall them making some prodigious leaps. I also never recall any moment in the games where they display the ability to visually discriminate between heat patterns.
No, you are right. The Infravision thing was just a guess from my side, I think that it would be fair to give them some NV at least, if Infravision isn't fitting.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #26
Ragitsu
Banned

I'd be interested to see how you work in the Gamma Hunter's "Swallow Whole" ability :-).
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #27
PPoS

Licker
Quote:
The Licker is a further mutation caused by the V-ACT process, which mutates normal Zombies into the extremely agile and vicious Crimson Head. The name "Licker" was given to this creature by the officers at the Raccoon Police Department for their incredibly long tongues. Other changes from normal Zombies to Lickers are brain swelling and becoming visible, an increase in muscle development, and the total loss of skin. This new muscle tissue allows them to do many things that normal Zombies and even Crimson Heads cannot. They can jump incredible heights and distances and move much more rapidly while their warped bone structure makes it more suitable for them to crawl about on all fours. The Licker also uses its talons (elongated from the Crimson Head stage) to scale vertical structures and ceilings with ease. This allows the creature to use predator tactics to surprise their prey.

These new hunting strategies also showcase its increased primal intellect. Finally, its elongated tongue was shown to be enormously powerful, capable of piercing human flesh and often being used to decapitate its prey. Although naturally quiet and a master of ambushes, the presence of a Licker can often be hinted at by the sound of their raw flesh and claws scraping against whatever surface they happen to be crawling along, as well as a sibilant hissing sound.

Quoted from: http://residentevil.wikia.com/
Attributes
ST 13; DX 15; IQ 5; HT 11

Secondary Characteristics
Perception 12; Will 11; HP 13; FP 11; Basic Speed 6.5; Basic Move 6;
Dodge 9, BL 34, Damage 1d/2d-1

Advantages
Claws (Talons), Teeth (Sharp), Clinging, Striker (Tongue), DR 1, Scanning Sense (Sonar)*, Extra Attack

Disadvantages
Berserk, Blindness

Skills
Brawling (12) – Bite 1d-1 cut, Punch 1d-1 cut/imp, Striker Tongue 1d+2 (2) imp
Stealth (13)

Notes
* The Lickers don’t have eyes and relies on sound to find their target; they can detect targets within 20 yards. Don’t know if this is the right option (there probably is something that fits better).

Licker Tactics
The Licker will often ambush its victim; jumping down from the ceiling and using all its deadly weapons to full effect.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #28
PPoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu View Post
I'd be interested to see how you work in the Gamma Hunter's "Swallow Whole" ability :-).
Ha, too bad I never came so far as to do the Gamma Hunter ;)
Though it would be interesting to see someone model something similar to that, I know MA had some rules for large bites, but IIRC it didn't go as far up to where you could actually swallow a human.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
PPoS

Tyrant T-002
Quote:
The first true Tyrant, the T-002 was created within the depths of the Spencer estate. During the events of the Mansion incident, Albert Wesker programmed it to slay the remaining members of Raccoon City’s Special Tactics And Rescue Service (S.T.A.R.S.). As the Tyrant awoke from its slumber, it attacked Wesker in its initial anger, impaling him and leaving him to "die" (in fact, Wesker's master plan had foreseen this eventuality and had already taken measures against it). The tyrant was able to be subdued and was thought defeated only to break out of the mansion and onto the roof following a mutation. With the help of Brad Vickers, who gave the group a Rocket Launcher; Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, Chris Redfield, and Rebecca Chambers were able to subdue the Tyrant, and destroy the Spencer estate.

This Tyrant could be seen both as a catastrophic failure and a tremendous success. However it failed, because it was originally conceived as an intelligent killing machine that could follow orders and could be able to moderately pass as human (this was ultimately achieved with Umbrella's mass-produced Tyrant, the T-103). Obvious flaws in the model were its grotesque malformations, its unpredictable behavior, and its protruding heart, which provided an obviously vulnerable point. However, the Tyrant performed phenomenally well in other areas, such as resistance. It was able to endure a considerable amount of punishment and still pass through a major mutation. This second mutation was much more resistant to gunfire, and was only killed with a rocket blast, though its raw strength was so considerable it was able to swat incoming rockets aimed at it. Along with this, it had improved reasoning abilities and was much more resistant to small arms fire.

Quoted from: http://residentevil.wikia.com/
Attributes
ST 30; DX 9; IQ 7; HT 14

Secondary Characteristics
Perception 10; Will 15; HP 30; FP 14; Basic Speed 5.75; Basic Move 6;
Dodge 10, BL 139(?), Damage 3d/5d+2, Size Modifier +1

Advantages
Claws (Long Talons), Teeth (Sharp), High Pain Threshold, DR 10, Combat Reflexes

Disadvantages
Berserk, The Heart (see below)

Skills
Brawling (9) – Punch 3d+2 cut/imp

Notes
The Tyrant T-002 is very dangerous, and can take out a whole party of PC’s if you’re not careful. Its DR 10 can stop quite a lot of damage but it has a weakness; its heart is fully exposed (sitting outside its body). The people I was playing with came up with a plan pretty soon after they discovered its weakness; one of the PC’s was acting as a diversion drawing the attention of the Tyrant while the other ones aimed for its heart. Since the Tyrant was in Berserk “mode” all the time, it took a few good hits to the heart (and a lot of spilled PC blood) to bring it down. I was nice (come to think about it; maybe a little too nice) and made the Tyrant roll against IQ to actually be able to Dodge each attack. It always tried to slam its target first (doing 2d damage) and if it did 6 or more damage the victim had to roll against DX or fall down (bad position to be in). Also, when making Move and Attacks it only has an effective skill of 5.

When the Tyrant has taken 30 damage (HP 0) it has to roll against HT+4 (18), at 60 damage (HT 17), 90 (HT 16), 120 (HT 15) and at 150 damage it is dead. So let’s face it; it’s one bad mudder fugger, so don’t let it completely shred the PC’s (if that’s not what you are after). It was one hell of a fight for my PC’s before they finally brought it down.

If you want to be evil, you can add Regeneration (1 HP/sec).

There is something from RE1 that might help though:

M202A1 FLASH Rocket Launcher
Damage: 6dx3 (0.5) + 6dx2 bur ex WP
Acc: 1
Range: 20/820 (First is minimum range)
Wt.: 11.5/26.6 (loaded)
RoF: 1
Shots: 4
ST: 10
Bulk: -7
Rcl: 1

Last edited by PPoS; 06-18-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #30
PPoS

Here is something I posted earlier on this forum;

The Gene-Virus (G-Virus)
The G-Virus greatly increases the host’s metabolism, accelerating cellular duplication and revitalization of dead cells at the cost of higher brain function by continual destruction of mitochondria in neurons, causing the infected to degrade to sub-human levels. The host exhibits animalistic behaviour, loss of moral reasoning and memory, and becomes driven by be self-preservation. Beyond these qualities, the mutations induced by the virus tend to be extremely volatile. G-virus hosts never stop mutating, even without external stimuli, thus causing transformations akin to a sort of artificial evolution, accelerated to levels impossible to be recreated in nature. G-Carriers evolve even faster when wounded, due to the incredible regenerative capabilities of infected cells.

The G-Virus must be injected into the body to work (blood agent). Once the victim is infected he must roll against HT-3 (with an additional penalty equal to half of any damage sustained at the time) after a delay of 1d minutes. If the victim succeeds with his roll the body will adapt to the genetic material and the victim will gain the “G-Virus Template” (below). A critical success means nothing happens.

A failed HT roll means that the virus starts to mutate at an incredible rate twisting the body in wicked ways (victim suffers Terrible Pain), the victim adds the "Failed G-Virus Template" and the GM rolls 3d6 to determine the effects of the mutations (see table below). A critical failure means that the GM rolls two times on the table instead of one.

Each time the character is injured after the initial infection; he must roll against HT minus half of any damage sustained again. If the roll fails the GM rolls for new Mutations, a critical failure means he rolls two times.

G-Virus Template [189 Points]
If the victim succeeds with his HT roll he gaints the following template.

Advantages: ST+2 [20], HT+2 [20], DX+3 [60], Combat Reflexes [15], Enhanced Dodge [15], High Pain Threshold [10], Indomitable [10], Regeneration (Very Fast) [100], Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30], Terror (Always on) [24], Unfazeable [15]
Disadvantages: IQ-2 [-40], Appearance (Monstrous) [-20], Bad Temper [-10], Berserk (Battle Rage) [-15], Bestial [-15], Bloodlust (6) [-20], Frightens Animals [-10]

Failed G-Virus Template [95 Points]
If the victim fails his HT roll he gains the following template.

Advantages: ST+2 [20], HT+2 [20], High Pain Threshold [10], Indomitable [10], Regeneration (Very Fast) [100], Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30], Terror (Always on) [24], Unfazeable [15]
Disadvantages: IQ-2 [-40], Appearance (Horrific) [-24], Bad Temper [-10], Berserk (Battle Rage) [-15], Bestial [-15], Bloodlust (6) [-20], Frightens Animals [-10]

Random Mutations Table
3: Extra Arm + Extra Attack [35]*
4: Extra Leg [5/10/15]*
5: Tentacle (Crushing Striker with Cannot Parry and Long SM+1) [33]*
6: Extra Eyes (First: Peripheral Vision, Second: 360 degree Vision) [15/25]*
7: Clinging [20]
8: SM+1 [-]*
9: Sharp Claws [5]*
10: Sharp Teeth [1/1]*
11: Spines [1/2]*
12: Extra DR [5]*
13: Extra HP [2]*
14: Dark Vision [25]
15: Extra ST [10]*
16: Extra HT [10]*
17: Blade Claw (Impaling Striker with Long SM+1) + Extra Attack [41]
18: Roll 1d6, on a 1-3: Acid Spit (1d Corrosive Innate Attack with Reduced Range 5) [33/8]*, on 4-6: Flight (Winged) [30]

*These "mutations" can be taken several times, however; the Acid Spit can only increase it's damage, Extra Eyes upgrades from Peripheral Vision to 360 degree vision, Sharp Teeths upgrades to Talons, Spines upgrades to Spines (Long) and the cost of Extra Legs depends on the number of legs.

Notes
I think this works out pretty fine, I didn't want to go into too much detail about the different stages a victim of the G-Virus goes through; so I thought that this random mutations thing was enough.

As you can see, these templates are pretty powerful and will undoubtedly only become more powerful during the game. There is a chance that these monsters easily will become over-powered, but that's what they are meant to be. This virus is unstable and literally creates a "crazed monster berserk with unimaginable powers". That's why the G-Virus is rare and shouldn't come into play to many times in an Resident Evil based campaign, keep the G-Creatures for boss fights or similar encounters.

The GM should feel free to alter any mutations or add new ones, many G-Creatures will sprout tails or other appendages. An advice is to view "Resident Evil: Degeneration"; a CGI animated video made by Capcom which is, needless to say, much better than the other Resident Evil movies (as this one actually fits into the whole franschise). This movie really shows the full effects of the G-Virus. Much recommended.

Last edited by PPoS; 06-18-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Tags
game, resident evil