Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
ladyarcana55

Default Lies Demons tell the young uns about Heaven

Okay, as most of you know, in one game I am playing a Lilim who is borderline Redeeming. At one point she is talking to the Angel, who she is actually on good terms with, and he asks her why she won't Redeem.

Her answer

"Hell no I'm not going to Redeem! Are you crazy! I don't want to be the Malakite play toy! It's bad enough we have to deal with Calabites in all their grumpines but at least they are greedy basterds! You guys SHARE! And they have this crazy obsession about punishing the wicked. No! And don't try having one of my Bright sisters talk to me. I don't want to take her place."

After the laugh I was wondering what else do you think they would tell the young Demons about why they really don't want to Redeem?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Lies Demons tell the young uns about Heaven

"It's all a trick, you know. Demons don't really Redeem. They just get burned up in that bright white light, and then the runt with the sword makes up some new angels with orders to act like the guys they just toasted. And they have the nerve to call US liars?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
JCD

Malakim Fall all the time. However, they are all joined to a Cherubim whose only duty is to finger him so they can kill him if he does.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Kelly Pedersen

Angels don't really have free will the way demons do. They're all just finger-puppets of their Archangel, running on predetermined scripts.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
robkelk
Untitled

"If you actually succeed in Redeeming, they lock you up and pump you for all the information they can get out of you, whether you want to give it to them or not, then they let the Malakim have their way with you. You'd be lucky to come out of that even remotely the same person you are now."

Which, if you look at it a certain way, is actually true. A demon Redeems, Laurence sends a Seraph over to debrief him before he's allowed to do anything else (and the Seraphic resonance can sometimes detect Truth even if the ex-demon doesn't know what the Truth is), then Dominic sends a Malakite over to make sure the ex-demon's honourable. And the ex-demon really isn't the same person; he's a Selfless angel now, instead of a Selfish demon.

So the words are true, but the implication in their phrasing is a lie...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
JCD

Kyriotates are actually infecting humans into a hive mind one person at a time, removing their individuality.

There is no difference between Hell and Heaven. It's just about power like Hell. They just feed you full of lies about motives.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
"If you actually succeed in Redeeming, they lock you up and pump you for all the information they can get out of you, whether you want to give it to them or not, then they let the Malakim have their way with you. You'd be lucky to come out of that even remotely the same person you are now."

Which, if you look at it a certain way, is actually true. A demon Redeems, Laurence sends a Seraph over to debrief him before he's allowed to do anything else (and the Seraphic resonance can sometimes detect Truth even if the ex-demon doesn't know what the Truth is), then Dominic sends a Malakite over to make sure the ex-demon's honourable. And the ex-demon really isn't the same person; he's a Selfless angel now, instead of a Selfish demon.

So the words are true, but the implication in their phrasing is a lie...
Oooh, I like that. Now *that's* worthy of a Balseraph!

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:47 AM   #8
Methariel

Default Only nitpicking a little bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
A demon Redeems, Laurence sends a Seraph over to debrief him...
I thought it would be Dominic's job to have the newly Redeemed debriefed. The Superior who made the Redemption probably tries to get information as well, but if I remember correctly, it's Judgment who does the "Official Debriefing".

M.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #9
alexondria

I'm not sure where I picked this up- it might have been an official book or it might have been a fan thing, but my favorite is: "There are no such thing as bright lilim"
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Only nitpicking a little bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel View Post
I thought it would be Dominic's job to have the newly Redeemed debriefed. The Superior who made the Redemption probably tries to get information as well, but if I remember correctly, it's Judgment who does the "Official Debriefing".
I suspect they both do a debriefing - Dominic asking about the new angel's personality, and Laurence asking about whatever he knows about the War.

Dominic (being a Seraph Superior) has the advantage of knowing the Truth... but Laurence knows what questions to ask.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demons