Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
munchkin-noob

Default Take me! Take me!

Recent game, this situation led to a very heated arguement. Player opened the door and drew the Kudzu plant. Couldn't beat it on her own, and was going to run away because the bad stuff wouldn't have effected her anyways. Before she rolled, another player plays Take me! Take me!, forcing her to accept his help. He couldn't beat it either, so he plays Ancient on it (adding +2 treasures, now for a total of 6) and follows that with Friendly, which forces the monster to give up the treasure.

His arguement (along with another player who agreed with him) was that the Friendly card gave him all the treasure (as the card says, "the monster gives you the treasure") leaving none for the other player. That's another arguement in itself to me, but my arguement was that because Take me! Take me! specifically says "you cannot demand a reward," he is entitled to no treasure at all.

Opinions?

Last edited by munchkin-noob; 04-12-2009 at 09:49 PM.
munchkin-noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Take me! Take me!

His play was legal, he could play "Take me! Take me!" and the Enhancers, but in any combat, the Treasure always goes to whoever is the main combatent (as a general rule). And of course he could not win any Treasures, as you pointed out, since "Take me! Take me!" explicitly says so.

He failed in his Munchkinness =)
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Captain-Captain

Nope. the default situation is that the player whose turn it is gets the treasure. YOU negotiate a deal when you offer to help. The take Me card doesn't specify you get a treasure share at all. And finally, I'd read the "YOU" on the Friendly card to mean the person fighting the monster (that would be the player whose turn it is). In Essence, he gave up three cards to give the first player the treasures.

The Friendly card would need to specify third party treasure reciept to make it so.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Treasure ALWAYS go to the main combatant, to be distributed according to the agreement with the helper. Your friend was wrong.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #5
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

But remember, 10% always go to the Czar of Munchkin...

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
munchkin-noob

Glad you all agree, I mean hell it's the rules haha. Would like to get Munchkinman's official take on it too though.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkin-noob
Glad you all agree, I mean hell it's the rules haha. Would like to get Munchkinman's official take on it too though.
You got the Super-Duper-Über Munchkin's take on it; that's usually as close to official as makes no difference...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
munchkin-noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk
You got the Super-Duper-Über Munchkin's take on it; that's usually as close to official as makes no difference...
oh didn't notice that, haha. thanks :)
Old 04-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkin-noob
oh didn't notice that, haha. thanks :)
I'm sure you could search and find tons of places where I've said that specific thing already that you don't have to wait around for my commentary. However, if Andrew says something with that level of finality, it usually means he already knows what my answer is going to be, or got it from SJ. If he says "until I get overruled by Erik," well, then you know he's not so sure how I may have ruled in the past, and doesn't want to bug SJ . . . :-)
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 04-13-2009 at 05:29 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
munchkin-noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
I'm sure you could search and find tons of places where I've said that already that you don't have to wait around for my commentary. However, if Andrew says something with that level of finality, it usually means he already knows what my answer is going to be, or got it from SJ. If he says "until I get overruled by Erik," well, then you know he's not so sure how I may have ruled in the past, and doesn't want to bug SJ . . . :-)
Alright, thanks. I'm new to the forums, so I didn't really know the pecking order yet. Thanks for setting me straight though :)