Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
Frater C

Default Extra Limbs

I'm not sure why, but I can't find Extra Limbs and their rules in 4E. I would have assumed they would be in Characters, but I can't seem to find them. Would one of you kind souls point them out to me, please?
Frater C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Bruno

Default Re: Extra Limbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater C
I'm not sure why, but I can't find Extra Limbs and their rules in 4E. I would have assumed they would be in Characters, but I can't seem to find them. Would one of you kind souls point them out to me, please?
In the basic set, they're mostly in the advantages section under "Extra".
Extra Arms is on p53
Extra Legs is on p54
Extra Head is on p54
Extra Mouth is on p55

Strikers (which includes horns and such as well as stinging tails, mandibles, and other specialized harm-inducing appendages) are on p88.

EDIT: Tails are either a cosmetic feature, an Extra Arm or a Striker (and any of the above may be used to justify other advantages, such as a racial skill bonus or Perfect Balance)

Limbs that are both arm and leg are headache inducing, but usually Extra Arms with the Foot Manipulator limitation.

Tentacles are Extra Arms with Extra-Flexible.

You can also buy those enhancements and limitations under Extra Arms for the "default" set of two arms, see the end of the Extra Arms section for details.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
Frater C

Thank you, Bruno. I feel like a dope. Your rapid and kind response, however, helps take the sting from my blunder.
Frater C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
Vaevictis Asmadi

Here is a convenient time for me to ask about Reduced Manual DX and Bad Grip limitations for Extra Arms... how do I cost it? I ended up assuming that the limitations gave it the maximum of -80% modifier and left it at that, because I could not figure out how they arrived at the cost modifiers for reduced ST in the extra arm.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote