Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2005, 03:28 AM   #1
Glamourweaver
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Default Possible?

Allright, hypothetically, is it possible for an Angel to swear loyalty to a Demon Prince, continue to be an Angel & work as a double-agent for Hell provided he doesn't actually commit any Dissonant Acts? Would they act of knowingly betraying Heaven as a whole cause him to Fall? Or can this Angel keep his bond to the Symphony, remain "Divine", & provide a steady flow of intelligence to his Prince?

Obviously this Angel would need to watch what he says in the presence of any Seraphim or while in Heaven...
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:04 AM   #2
milliken
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamourweaver
Allright, hypothetically, is it possible for an Angel to swear loyalty to a Demon Prince, continue to be an Angel & work as a double-agent for Hell provided he doesn't actually commit any Dissonant Acts? Would they act of knowingly betraying Heaven as a whole cause him to Fall? Or can this Angel keep his bond to the Symphony, remain "Divine", & provide a steady flow of intelligence to his Prince?
I would say that any angel who is knowingly betraying Heaven would become very dissonant at best, and I'd probably rule this as counting as "jumping" -- i.e. deliberately choosing the other side automatically makes you a demon. You've made the choice, you should live with it.... After all, that's basically what the original angels did, who Fell.


---Walter
milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:28 AM   #3
Glamourweaver
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Default Re: Possible?

Right, thanks. I had forgotten about Jumping. I just realized that the rules for Falling being based on Dissonance, which in turn are based on specific acts that don't (save for Malakim & certain Superiors) include loyalty to Heaven's side in the War.... but yeah, I had forgotten about Jumping.
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #4
banditangel
 
banditangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Default Re: Possible?

There's nothing in the letter of the rules that prohibits this (and I actually have a character concept based along these lines), but it's quite obviously a violation of the spirit. Technically, though, an angel can go about murdering people and actively collaborating with demons of fate, and unless they're a Mercurian or a servitor of Yves, they wouln't show so much as a note of dissonance. I'd have qualms with this oversight, but it offers some interesting possibilities :)
banditangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
tylrlsaa
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Default Re: Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditangel
There's nothing in the letter of the rules that prohibits this (and I actually have a character concept based along these lines), but it's quite obviously a violation of the spirit. Technically, though, an angel can go about murdering people and actively collaborating with demons of fate, and unless they're a Mercurian or a servitor of Yves, they wouln't show so much as a note of dissonance. I'd have qualms with this oversight, but it offers some interesting possibilities :)
Literally, a violation of the spirit. Also, I think Dominic would have a strong objection to an angel swearing into the service of a Demon Prince.
tylrlsaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #6
Glamourweaver
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Default Re: Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrlsaa
Literally, a violation of the spirit. Also, I think Dominic would have a strong objection to an angel swearing into the service of a Demon Prince.
Note that I mentioned said Angel would be a Seraph-fearing double-agent. Ideally the Inqusition would have no idea...
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rules

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.