Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #161
talonthehand

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokh
Munchkin. +1 reaction usually costs [5]. Maybe [4] in your case.
More to the point, Fashion Sense has the same effect when you have time to plan your attire, and costs 5 points.
talonthehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #162
The Benj

Counter-interrogation Training
You've learned enough of the techniques of interrogation to be able to foil them being used against you. You may resist Interrogation with a Will-based Interrogation roll, if that would be better than your Will.

Naturally, only good for people who have Interrogation at IQ+1 or higher.

I'm thinking about expanding the principle to other Influence skills, at one Perk per Influence Skill.

Example
Don't Kid a Kidder
You know when people are trying to pull a fast one, because it's what you'd do! You may resist Fast-Talk with a Will-based Fast-Talk roll, if that would be better than your Will.
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #163
cybermancer2k1

I forgot about the Looks Good in Uniform perk in Power-Ups 2. OK, let's do a rewrite (with a nod to Lord Carnifex):

Looks Good On Ya: You have a suit of clothes that you look extra good in for some reason. Whenever you wear this particular outfit, you have a +1 Appearance. The outfit must be in good condition (i.e., not ripped or dirty) to get the benefit.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #164
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermancer2k1
I forgot about the Looks Good in Uniform perk in Power-Ups 2. OK, let's do a rewrite (with a nod to Lord Carnifex):

Looks Good On Ya: You have a suit of clothes that you look extra good in for some reason. Whenever you wear this particular outfit, you have a +1 Appearance. The outfit must be in good condition (i.e., not ripped or dirty) to get the benefit.
Oh NOies! Why can't I look cool in when all ripped up? So now I have to choose between getting a bonus to my Active Defenses or getting +1 to Appearance. ;)
Old 08-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #165
cybermancer2k1

Perfect Pitch: You can discern the exact pitch of a given musical tone, which helps your musical performance. Add +2 to one music-related skill. The GM may allow you to play music by ear with this perk.

I've also allowed a 5-point advantage version in my games usable with any musical skill.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #166
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Oh NOies! Why can't I look cool in when all ripped up? So now I have to choose between getting a bonus to my Active Defenses or getting +1 to Appearance. ;)
That's why you always choose to have a suit of armor be the one that looks oh so good on you.
Perfect for gritty uniformed super teams.
Flyndaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #167
cybermancer2k1

Quote:
Hmmm...just can't see James Bond still getting girls in a ripped tux. then again, he is James Bond. So maybe...
Old 08-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #168
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Perfect Pitch: You can discern the exact pitch of a given musical tone, which helps your musical performance. Add +2 to one music-related skill. The GM may allow you to play music by ear with this perk.
A bit overcheap. Racial Skill Bonuses are worth [2]. A Perk isn't meant to boost a skill in general, but rather a skill under a narrow set of circumstances (better check the book for the numbers, as I'm a bit sleepy).
Old 08-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #169
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Hmmm...just can't see James Bond still getting girls in a ripped tux. then again, he is James Bond. So maybe...
Oh, maybe JB won't. But I'm pretty sure that Conan, Hercules, and definitely Lara Croft*, Lee-lu, or any of the stripperninjas will do.

* == Like when she rips her evening dress to get some mobility.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #170
The Benj

Quote:

I've also allowed a 5-point advantage version in my games usable with any musical skill.
I wouldn't give a Skill bonus for Perfect Pitch. It's a cute little ability that's not actually helpful for playing music appreciably better. It's good for showing off or maybe for solving the occassional puzzle, but it doesn't really make you a better musician. I'd say it's likely to accompany Musical Talent, but that's as close as I'd make it.
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, perks