Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
SpaceGurper

Default Let's create 1400pt Supers... Proceed...

Had my supers book both in PDF and soft cover for a while here. Haven't really gone into it big time yet.

I'm planning on making up a league of super heroes adventure/campaign and I need ideas and characters for it.

From the post I stated that I'm looking for 1,400pt supers. what you didn't see is that I'm putting a D-Scale limitation on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson Games (GURPS 4e Supers)
D-scale (divide by 10): Maximum dice of Innate Attack or basic swing damage: 150d. Maximum DR: 500. Maximum Damage Reduction factor: 100. Maximum level of ST with Super-Effort: +16 (+1,000). Heroes at this level are comparable to tanks.
Not saying you can't go over it but going over costs a 200pt Unusual Background for C-Scale Abilities (anything between 151d and 1500d) and 300pt for M-Scale Abilities (1501d-15000d) and nothing over M-Scale. But it's highly unlikely that 1400pts is enough for anything M-Scale.

Feel Free to Create Heroes as well as Villains for such heroes to go up against (Max 5600 for a Boss Villain, minions can be around 450-600 and Lieutenants Top out at 2800. yes I'm evil)

The type of Hero (or Villain) is totally up to you, could be a Hero like Iron Man or something more exotic like Johnny Blaze.

I know you can all do it. Try to include a short description with them as well and how they might have came to the league or what their selfish goals might be for Villain.

Anyway, proceed. Idea's for a adventure at this power level would be great as well.

Chop chop
Old 03-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
smurf
Banned

Default Re: Let's create 1400pt Supers... Proceed...

???

I had argued that 1000pts is enough, someone brought a case for 1500pts. Fair enough.

But more!

Should it be on style rather than points.

I mean:

DR 100 = 500pts

3 levels of hardened, Force Field, Switch off and on = +100%

sure someone will match that with X but by and large tanks rounds can bounce!

So What are you limitations. Cosmic allowed, any particular focus on powers... etc
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
SpaceGurper

I'd probably say Cosmic is out and you can only have -200pts worth of Disadvantages. But other then that, go hog wild. 1400 is at the edge of moderate power level according the the RaW in Supers.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
Harald387

What does your world accept in the way of origins? Are people born with their powers (Mutants a la X-Men), altered in some way (either randomly, as in Marvel's Fantastic Four and Hulk, or all by the same event, as in J. Michael Straczynski's 'Rising Stars'), or is it more 'anything goes'?

EDIT: Multiplicative Modifiers, or no?

Last edited by Harald387; 03-27-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
LemmingLord

This is what I've got so far: Josie is a brilliant scientist who has learned the secret to time travel and time viewing.. She has used this ability to make certain key investors a great deal of money and they repay her in kind by offering her state of the art money and equipment which she uses to make society a better place and to fight crime.. She is often seen in battle wearing a state of the art TL8 armored exoskeleton from the army that resembles an characture of a medeival knight's armor.. More often then not, the first serious threat to her seems to anhilate her - her armored exoskeleton blown to bits... Then when the fire has died down she reappears, having skipped over the time where she was personally was going to be blasted!! She packs some good offense in battle as well as she points her Awayatron at the baddest villains and sends them fifty billion years into the future.

Josie Templeton
"Templar"

St10
Dx13
Iq12
Ht12

Patron (Investors, All The Time, Equipmentm Extensive Political)
Fast Gadgeteer
Artificer +4
--Temporal Gadgetron--
Empathy (Reliable 6 +30%; Cosmic - Can SEE what kind of a person they are going to be +50%)
Intuition (Reliable 100 +500%)
Precognition (Reliable 12 +60%, Reduce Fatigue Cost to 0 +40%, Directed +100%, Reduced Time to Free Action +220%, Active Only -60%)

--Awayatron--
Affliction 1 (Advantage: Jumper Reliable+12 +160%) (Based on ST +20%) (Malediction +150%)
Super Luck 3 (Only For Affliction -40%)
Jumper (Reliable+12 +60%, Reflexive+40%, Alternate to Affliction)

Science! 18
Business! 13
Old 03-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
SpaceGurper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald387
What does your world accept in the way of origins? Are people born with their powers (Mutants a la X-Men), altered in some way (either randomly, as in Marvel's Fantastic Four and Hulk, or all by the same event, as in J. Michael Straczynski's 'Rising Stars'), or is it more 'anything goes'?

EDIT: Multiplicative Modifiers, or no?
Anything goes. I haven't done a lot of work on the world yet so right now I'm looking for ideas and characters. Mostly Characters
Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
SpaceGurper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord
This is what I've got so far: Josie is a brilliant scientist who has learned the secret to time travel and time viewing.. She has used this ability to make certain key investors a great deal of money and they repay her in kind by offering her state of the art money and equipment which she uses to make society a better place and to fight crime.. She is often seen in battle wearing a state of the art TL8 armored exoskeleton from the army that resembles an characture of a medeival knight's armor.. More often then not, the first serious threat to her seems to anhilate her - her armored exoskeleton blown to bits... Then when the fire has died down she reappears, having skipped over the time where she was personally was going to be blasted!! She packs some good offense in battle as well as she points her Awayatron at the baddest villains and sends them fifty billion years into the future.
Very nice, not a lot of skills or high stats but cool none the less. Statted her up in GCA4 and came in around 872 points. You can go upto 1400 but nicely done.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
jervinator

I am going to have to bookmark this and get back to you. I have a few NPCs that I use that, last time I tried writing them up, were between 1200-3200. I'll have to pull one up.
jervinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #9
SpaceGurper

super awesome. (no pun intended, kinda)

I know it'll take time to stat out such a high power level character/npc.

Have at it.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
Captain-Captain

I tend to restrict disads to -100 pts. 1) that was how the previous Supers did it back the. And we LIKED it! 2) characters with more than -100 in disads tend to be basket cases. Basket cases with the power of the Gods... tend to make campaigns very short lived.

But here's one, bumped from 1000 pts to 1400. (which is the secret to coming up with characters fast. ;) )

Name: Gravitina
Race: Human

Attributes [195]
ST 10
DX 14 [80]
IQ 13 [60]
HT 14 [40]

HP 10
Will 13
Per 13
FP 14

Basic Lift 20
Damage 1d-2/1d

Basic Speed 7
Basic Move 10 [15]

Air Move 14/3584
Ground Move 10
Water Move 2

Social Background
TL: 8 [0]
Cultural Familiarities: American (Native) [0].
Languages: English (Native) [0]; Spanish (Accented) [4].

Advantages [1251]
Appearance (Attractive) [4]
Binding (Anti Gravity) (20) (Accessibility (Fliers can resist) (+2); Accessibility (Resisted if 'push off point' available) (+4); Cosmic: ST resistance bypassed; Link [to Telekinesis] (powers can be used separately); Super; Unbreakable) [156]
Clinging (Alternative Ability [to Flight]; Attraction; Super) [5]
Crushing Attack (10) (Super) [45]
Enhanced Move (Air) (8) (Cosmic (Complete Maneuverability); Cosmic (Instantaneous Acceleration); Super) [304]
Flight (Super) [36]
Gravity Talent (4) [20]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction (Extended) (/200); Force Field; Super) [385]
Para-Radar (Bio-Scan; Multi-Mode; Penetrating; Scanner; Super; Targeting) [124]
Peripheral Vision [15]
Telecommunication (Gravity-Ripple Comm) (Super) [18]
Telekinesis (20) (Link [to Binding] (powers can be used separately); Super) [110]
Very Rapid Healing [15]

Disadvantages [-95]
Code of Honor (Heroes) [-15]
Enemy (Organized Crime) (9 or less) [-30]
Honesty (12 or less) [-10]
Overconfidence (12 or less) [-5]
Secret Identity (Social Ruin) [-10]
Unluckiness [-10]
Weirdness Magnet [-15]

Quirks [-5]
Broad-Minded [-1]
Dislikes Conservative Talk Radio [-1]
Nosy [-1]
Proud [-1]
Trademark (Poses over defeated foes) [-1]

Skills [54]
Administration IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Aerobatics DX/H - DX-2 12 [1]
Artist (Drawing) IQ/H - IQ-2 11 [1]
Artist (Painting) IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [2]
Bicycling DX/E - DX+0 14 [1]
Biology/TL8 (Earthlike) IQ/VH - IQ-1 12 [4]
Body Language (Human) Per/A - Per-1 12 [1]
Boxing DX/A - DX-1 13 [1]
Chemistry/TL8 IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [2]
Criminology/TL8 IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Current Affairs/TL8 (local region) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Current Affairs/TL8 (Politics) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Diagnosis/TL8 (Human) IQ/H - IQ+0 13 [4]
Driving/TL8 (Automobile) DX/A - DX-1 13 [1]
Fast-Talk IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
First Aid/TL8 (Human) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Flight HT/A - HT+0 14 [2]
Gardening IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Hiking HT/A - HT-1 13 [1]
Innate Attack (Beam) DX/E - DX+1 15 [2]
Interrogation IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Literature IQ/H - IQ-2 11 [1]
Mathematics/TL8 (Applied) IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [2]
Observation Per/A - Per+0 13 [2]
Physician/TL8 (Human) IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [2]
Physics/TL8 IQ/VH - IQ-2 11 [2]
Politics IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Research/TL8 IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Savoir-Faire (High Society) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Sewing/TL8 DX/E - DX+0 14 [1]
Skiing HT/H - HT-2 12 [1]
Sports (Raquetball) DX/A - DX-1 13 [1]
Streetwise IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Swimming HT/E - HT+0 14 [1]
Throwing DX/A - DX-1 13 [1]
Veterinary/TL8 IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [2]

Stats [195] Ads [1251] Disads [-95] Quirks [-5] Skills [54] = Total [1400]

Origin: 4 years ago, Marta Sammons was a High School student walking home when she had the misfortune of being caught in almost the same time/space frame as a runaway Homeline projector on a parallel Earth. The continuum structure of her body was altered, her mind allowed her to bend gravity through her altered continuumal state and project it. The fluke accident might have remained her secret but, a drive by shooting happened at her school the following week, killing two of her friends. She agonized about this for over a week and finally decided that stopping these sorts of things were her responsibility, like it or not.

She assumed the identity of Gravitina and has been trying her best to function as a superheroine. She's effectively a walking cat scan with her gravity ripple senses (para radar) and aware of that ability, she's going Pre-med at college.

Note: Whether anyone else on this Earth can receive her grav-ripple telecommunication ability is an interesting question...
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.

Last edited by Captain-Captain; 03-27-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote