Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
Puck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Corat does in fact ring True.

"Questions! Makes sense though. It is so good to hear someone who can Sing. Not a Kyrio, no no, just borrowing Alx for a bit. He's okay with that really; he's such a busy guy sometimes it's the only way he gets sleep." Which rings slightly off--an exaggeration or an incomplete statement rather than a lie outright. "Usually I'm Air Marshall John Wyatt--you just caught me on John's day off. And yes I leave the notes sometimes! Damn shame that little pricklet got hold of one though. Do you know anybody around here who...is not from around here?"

"But to answer your questions--I'm with Janus. And for choir...when you absolutely, positively have to be there, Ofanite."

He laughs at his own bad pun.
Mitchem shakes his head " I'm based here in LA where I own and run a pawnshop." He pulls out his wallet and passes Corat a card with the name "Tradewinds Pawnshop" and an adress imprinted on it. "Feel free to drop by sometime when you're in the area. And I should have guessed your Choir. It's all the twiching you do. But tell me more about these notes. Who are they for? And I see you also noticed the Shedite riding in the boy. It is troubling. But what brings you to the city? And I'm afraid I'm not up on current Angelic forces here in LA.

OOC: Edited it to reflect the face that we're in LA :) Oops, I thought we were flying from LA to the Midwest.

Last edited by Puck; 08-16-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #12
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

It is wholly possible given the size of LA that you simply haven't run into (Corat the Ofanite) before, especially given his nomadic habits. If you like (or not, up to you), you have heard of him. High strung guy--obviously. Virtuous and holy, but not the most honest angel you'll ever meet. Doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 08-17-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Item corrected, leaving in description of Corat
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #13
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

GM's note--if anyone has a problem with the profanity, let me know and I'll edit it out. I can't find the User Agreement to see what the 'rating' is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Mitchem shakes his head " I'm based here in LA where I own and run a pawnshop." He pulls out his wallet and passes Corat a card with the name "Tradewinds Pawnshop" and an adress imprinted on it. "Feel free to drop by sometime when you're in the area. And I should have guessed your Choir. It's all the twiching you do. But tell me more about these notes. Who are they for? And I see you also noticed the Shedite riding in the boy. It is troubling. But what brings you to the city? And I'm afraid I'm not up on current Angelic forces here in LA.

OOC: Edited it to reflect the face that we're in LA :) Oops, I thought we were flying from LA to the Midwest.
"I am in the area actually; I left Wyatt on Alx's couch. Good to see another Angelino, and one who actually stays here. You've got balls...

The current forces... You know the City of Angels is basically a demon town. Heaven didn't cede victory exactly, but we've learned better than to go in with guns blazing. We're outnumbered and out powered, and the best thing to do is what we're doing--hold outposts, keep them divided against each other, and try to build up without being noticed. On the bright side, there are so many people in LA that the demons have their hands full just doing the daily stuff. I dare say your average Angelino has never met a demon, and even if they fledged a dozen every day it would still take them ten years to catch up. Which is good, it gives us time.

It also means they have to work with folks like (snickers) that "Shedim". Pepito wishes he were a Shedite! The truth is he's an Imp, a royal ****up, who's gotten himself stuck in that vessel. (laughs, tries to stifle it) I shouldn't laugh in case that's Kobal's whole point with this guy. See, he's one of Kobal's boys, plays a goth kid to get high schoolers to mock each others' subcultures. Pepito's mother noticed how often he was getting beaten up at school and--get this--she put him in homeschooling for the next semester! And she's so wise to his tricks, even though she doesn't know he's actually a little demon, that he won't get one laugh. I may have had a teensy little hand in all that when I joined the "Big Brothers".

Actually what put me on that particular flight was news from a Mercurian friend that Pepito was flying up north, which is a little unusual for him. As for the notes--just networking. Really, do you have any idea how dull an air marshall's job is?"

Corat's phone rings. He takes your card, nods his thanks, looks at the phone, and answers it. The voice on the other end is inaudible.
"Hey---Yeah.----You're ****tin' me---He..!---How many? When?---In the middle of the afternoon?---Ah, that only makes slightly more sense. Pepito. Figures.---You're sure it's Ryuki?--Yeah, get me an address if you can.---Text message is fine, thanks, but to the other phone.---I understand.---You okay?---Gotcha. Late."

Corat looks very serious, and very worried. "Alright, maybe you can help. What are you doing Sunday afternoon? It seems Pepito has made friends with Ryuki Watari, probably the only real theurge in the State of California. Whatever they're doing it involves Pepito, Ryuki, and over a dozen occultist wannabes. And it goes down Sunday afternoon."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-24-2013 at 02:54 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #14
Puck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC


Corat's phone rings. He takes your card, nods his thanks, looks at the phone, and answers it. The voice on the other end is inaudible.
"Hey---Yeah.----You're ****tin' me---He..!---How many? When?---In the middle of the afternoon?---Ah, that only makes slightly more sense. Pepito. Figures.---You're sure it's Ryuki?--Yeah, get me an address if you can.---Text message is fine, thanks, but to the other phone.---I understand.---You okay?---Gotcha. Late."

Corat looks very serious, and very worried. "Alright, maybe you can help. What are you doing Sunday afternoon? It seems Pepito has made friends with Ryuki Watari, probably the only real theurge in the State of California. Whatever they're doing it involves Pepito, Ryuki, and over a dozen occultist wannabes. And it goes down Sunday afternoon."
Mitchem look deeply concerned at the news "Of course I will assist. By Theurge I assume you mean Sorcerer?" He pulls out a small notebook and scribbles a few things down. "Where will this be taking place? And who was that on the other end of the phone?
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:50 AM   #15
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Mitchem look deeply concerned at the news "Of course I will assist. By Theurge I assume you mean Sorcerer?" He pulls out a small notebook and scribbles a few things down. "Where will this be taking place? And who was that on the other end of the phone?
Corat's a bit defensive--something's rattled him.

"You know, while I realize we're on the same side, I also realize I know jack-all about you. Which sir, is why I didn't go naming names. So Mitch...tell me about yourself. You own a pawnshop--fair enough. I'm sure if I had more than a day or two I could check into that, which I will. But right now I'd like to know who you work for, and what instrument you are. And anything else you'd care to volunteer."

He tries to lighten the tone just a bit, but it isn't working. "If I'm going to put a team together to handle this thing, I need to know who's got what talents."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:29 AM   #16
Puck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Corat's a bit defensive--something's rattled him.

"You know, while I realize we're on the same side, I also realize I know jack-all about you. Which sir, is why I didn't go naming names. So Mitch...tell me about yourself. You own a pawnshop--fair enough. I'm sure if I had more than a day or two I could check into that, which I will. But right now I'd like to know who you work for, and what instrument you are. And anything else you'd care to volunteer."

He tries to lighten the tone just a bit, but it isn't working. "If I'm going to put a team together to handle this thing, I need to know who's got what talents."
Mitchem nods "Of course, my apologies, I am Mitchem, Seraph of Trade. I have been here in town for several years now, building up a clientele for my shop and assisting them with making good financial decisions and to keep an eye on my neighborhood. Is there anything else you would like to know?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Mitchem nods "Of course, my apologies, I am Mitchem, Seraph of Trade. I have been here in town for several years now, building up a clientele for my shop and assisting them with making good financial decisions and to keep an eye on my neighborhood. Is there anything else you would like to know?"
Corat turns his eyes to Heaven and mouths "Why?!" then faces Mitch. Dramatics aside though, he's visibly relieved.

"Alright, here's what's up. That Mercurian takes a lot of chances getting the information she does, so I can't give out names. Sorry. I'll let her know you're local and you can get on her little network. Here's what she found:

There's a goth kid gathering in Anaheim this afternoon--not Release the Bats but some kind of offshoot of it. They're doing some kind of ritual there which 90% of the time is theater, but Sunday they've invited Ryuki Watari, who like I said is a real theurge--a sorceror who specializes in celestial magic. He can summon and manipulate demons, and he's always hinting that he can summon us . And somehow, for some reason, he's going to be there.
He's extraordinarily intelligent, so I don't know exactly why he'd be hanging out with Pepito. I do know that he can make Essence containers and is not above selling them to either side..."

Corat is incredibly conflicted when talking about this guy.

"He's....not a bad guy, but this is LA. He plays both sides, but plenty of people do. Just my Intercessionist friend...she's extremely concerned by that much potential power gathered, among folk who are both dark and pretty naive...

Do you know anyone who can help?"


Yes, Puck, this is the lead in for the game that starts in just over a half hour.

http://www.wodnyc.net/cgi-bin/chat/InN.cgi


"Release the Bats" game session summary and transcript
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-23-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: adding link, Nov07 adding chat session link
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #18
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

John Wyatt, Air Marshall, has taken a week's vacation.

John Wyatt, Air Marshall, never takes vacations. Corat the Ofanite (John's actual identity) had to kick down some free air miles to the artist Alx LeDante in order to be in the air seven days a week, because the FCC insisted that John Wyatt stay on the ground at least one day a week.

Somewhere in Los Angeles, some goth kids are talking about the time they saw real angels, to their incredulous friends. Some other goth kids are wondering why their buddy Chris has slept for three days straight. And there's one very ****** off Japanese-American man who no sane person wants to provoke.

And the pawn shops and the bars and the airports keep going, because in a town like this it takes a lot more than that to shake things up.


GM's note--let the games resume! Default location is LAX (the airport), though notes on a plane is perfectly viable too. If you have some connection to the characters Mitchim or Nain, now's the time to use them.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 08-21-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: adding location details
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:53 PM   #19
Puck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
John Wyatt, Air Marshall, has taken a week's vacation.

John Wyatt, Air Marshall, never takes vacations. Corat the Ofanite (John's actual identity) had to kick down some free air miles to the artist Alx LeDante in order to be in the air seven days a week, because the FCC insisted that John Wyatt stay on the ground at least one day a week.

Somewhere in Los Angeles, some goth kids are talking about the time they saw real angels, to their incredulous friends. Some other goth kids are wondering why their buddy Chris has slept for three days straight. And there's one very ****** off Japanese-American man who no sane person wants to provoke.

And the pawn shops and the bars and the airports keep going, because in a town like this it takes a lot more than that to shake things up.


.
At the airport Mitchim pulls out his cell phone and gives Nain a call "Hello? Yes, it's Mitchim. I was wondering if you would like to meet up somewhere, so that we can discuss the events of a few days ago. I feel we need to track down this so called "Dark Man."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:29 AM   #20
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default another kick in the plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
At the airport Mitchim pulls out his cell phone and gives Nain a call "Hello? Yes, it's Mitchim. I was wondering if you would like to meet up somewhere, so that we can discuss the events of a few days ago. I feel we need to track down this so called "Dark Man."
Corat/John Wyatt walks by and says "Hey Mitch." He looks tired, almost too tired for his trademark perpetual motion, though there's that too if you're looking for it. Mostly he just seems unhappy. Any desire to grill him for information is paused by the extreme change in his demeanor.

"I've done some legwork on our Dark Man. I'm getting more blind alleys than not--seems the community is none too happy with us. Actually it's Ryuki who's none too happy with us, and he's got a lot of people in his pocket. F**king loan shark..." There's an off-note there--again, very mixed feelings when talking about Ryuki.

"His real name, from what I can tell, is Gavin Russo, and up until a few months ago he was no big deal, no big reputation anyway. About, I dunno, January or so he sells his house, files for divorce, and moves from the suburbs to the ghetto. Total schizoid moves, which makes the occult types nervous anyway.

"I say to myself, I've got to find out more, so I go ask my Mercurian friend. Janet, we'll call her Janet. I find out, she's got troubles of her own. She apologized profusely for sending us to that goth gathering, said she hoped I wasn't too upset. I asked her about it, but she wouldn't say. So I asked upstairs, so to speak.

"I was reminded that we each have our jobs, and that running into a battle zone was not mine. I was told that we needed someone who could get inside demon organizations to know what we're up against, and that we needed more Seraphim to know the truth when we get it."

He seems pained, upset, burdened. He shakes his head and looks heavenward, just for a moment. "I got a plane to catch, contacts to make, notes to leave if that's what it takes." He pats Mitch on the shoulder, takes out his badge, and starts towards the security area.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-07-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: 'cos there's no beach in Watts...
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in nomine

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.