Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 04-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #11
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: BFD moved back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxslade
I'm guessing that unless "Munchkin" is in the title, we'll probably never see BFD in print.

I'm willing to bet on that one. This is a Evil Stevie game. One of the Core games. It's will happen.

As for Munchkin, it keeps the doors open and the cash flow positive. While I watch other companys dying, Munchkin is keeping SJ going and allowing for other projects to move forward.

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #12
Hex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny_dood
and now it's June, I can't imagine what I would feel like if I was watching for this since last year. I only became aware of the expansion in January.
Well maybe you can sympathize with me then. It was announced on the Illuminati site well over 5 years ago. I was pumped about it and then starting think it was some kind of sick joke...you know the whole Illuminati = conspiracy thing.

I was assured, however, that it was not a joke. Well I didn't believe it and then eventually it fell off my radar and I forgot about it. When it was announced again I again didn't believe it. I've been burnt on this one so many times...I won't believe it till I have it in my hands.
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 PM   #13
MIB 9966

While it is a core game (after much cajoling to get the darn thing in print after the INWO version), I also understand the need to keep the company moneymaker in print as a higher priority above even this.

What I am more interested in is that the base game does not appear in Warehouse 23 anymore. And the main game page here says "In Production".

Assuming my tinfoil hat is not inside out today, and with the disclaimer that I do not have any information about this at all despite being an MIB (and a big fan of this game), I wonder if there is a reprint and a possible refreshing of the rules being done that would also delay BFD so that both can be shipped at the same time.

There is a decent amount of interest by new players all the time, and I would be surprised if all of the work and testing of BFD, as well as pre-orders, would not be enough to make sure that it gets to the stores soon.
MIB 9966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #14
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB 9966
...I wonder if there is a reprint and a possible refreshing of the rules being done that would also delay BFD so that both can be shipped at the same time.
Quite true. The reprint of Deluxe Illuminati will be released at the same time as BFD

Also, while work for some games can be delegated to other developers, both Illuminati and Munchkin share the distinction of being, wholly and distinctly, SJ's work. So, when crunch time comes, only one person can do the Vital Steps of The Process.

Sadly, the clones have thus far proven unviable, so one product must be delayed.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 PM   #15
Hex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quite true. The reprint of Deluxe Illuminati will be released at the same time as BFD
If given enough enthusiasm would a Y2K be far behind?
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #16
prinny_dood

hmm possible good news, the art changed on the page, looks like it might be final art....I hope.
prinny_dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #17
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny_dood
hmm possible good news, the art changed on the page, looks like it might be final art....I hope.
The expansion will come out. We're working on it as fast as we can. It's just a case of more work than staff.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #18
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed
The expansion will come out. We're working on it as fast as we can. It's just a case of more work than staff.

You guys just need new theme music...

"Send in the Clones" would work...

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #19
thelaughinggod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul

Also, while work for some games can be delegated to other developers, both Illuminati and Munchkin share the distinction of being, wholly and distinctly, SJ's work. So, when crunch time comes, only one person can do the Vital Steps of The Process.

Sadly, the clones have thus far proven unviable, so one product must be delayed.
Will any updates to the deluxe edition be provided with BFD, or will I have to buy a new copy of Illuminati as well?
thelaughinggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #20
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelaughinggod
Will any updates to the deluxe edition be provided with BFD, or will I have to buy a new copy of Illuminati as well?
I'm not certain I understand your question.

This release will be a reprint of Deluxe Illuminati. Any changes from the previous printing would be minor errata (found on the game's page), or perhaps a new ad on the box -- nothing that could be repeated in BFD.