Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-20-2007, 05:36 AM   #1
Bringa

Default Armor divisor for Stun Gun?

Hi,

the Stun Gun does HT-3(0.5) aff damage. I'm not quite sure I understand how the armor divisor figures into this. Does it modify the HT roll?

The note says: On a failed HT roll, victim is stunned for as long as weapon is in contact plus (20 - HT) seconds longer and then can roll vs HT-3 to recover. Could someone walk me through an example of, say, a guy with HT 11 and a leather jacket (DR1) being hit by a stun gun?

Thanks!
Bringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:48 AM   #2
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: Armor divisor for Stun Gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringa
Hi,

the Stun Gun does HT-3(0.5) aff damage. I'm not quite sure I understand how the armor divisor figures into this. Does it modify the HT roll?

The note says: On a failed HT roll, victim is stunned for as long as weapon is in contact plus (20 - HT) seconds longer and then can roll vs HT-3 to recover. Could someone walk me through an example of, say, a guy with HT 11 and a leather jacket (DR1) being hit by a stun gun?

Thanks!
First you take the Armord Divsor, so that you effectively have DR 2. DR count as a bonus to your HT check with Afflictions. so that target effectively has HT 13 for this attack. being a level 4 Affection (HT-3) that Ttarget is rolling agians 10 (13-3) if the target is beound 1/2D range they get another +3, but lets assume they are not so we are still taking a Roll vs 10. if they they fail they are Stunned and can Rolls vs 8 (HT-3 DR don't help here) every second to recover.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Armor divisor for Stun Gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl
First you take the Armord Divsor, so that you effectively have DR 2. DR count as a bonus to your HT check with Afflictions. so that target effectively has HT 13 for this attack. being a level 4 Affection (HT-3) that Ttarget is rolling agians 10 (13-3) if the target is beound 1/2D range they get another +3, but lets assume they are not so we are still taking a Roll vs 10. if they they fail they are Stunned and can Rolls vs 8 (HT-3 DR don't help here) every second to recover.
Nitpick: a Stun Gun doesn't have a ½D range; it is a mêlée weapon. What you're thinking about is a TASER, which still needs official stats.