Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 04:35 AM   #1
poi
 
poi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Default Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

As an overseas customer, the only way I couldn't back the second minis Kickstarter, so I preordered it on Warehouse23.
The Feb 3 update mentions the Battle Box Rulebook pdf. but is only accessible to backers.
As I preordered, can I (and any other overseas backers) get this pdf please?
__________________
Poi

Honk if Pluto is a planet
poi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #2
offsides
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cheltenham, PA
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poi View Post
As an overseas customer, the only way I couldn't back the second minis Kickstarter, so I preordered it on Warehouse23.
The Feb 3 update mentions the Battle Box Rulebook pdf. but is only accessible to backers.
As I preordered, can I (and any other overseas backers) get this pdf please?
That update had a draft of the rules, asking for feedback. I suspect that the full rules will be available for download once they're released.
__________________
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
TheAmishStig
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lancaster, PA
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

Thankfully it's a link instead of a download, but I don't know if sharing that link would go against the forum's copyright rules. If someone official says it's ok, I'd be happy to post it. I figure they made it backers-only just so that any issues found before print aren't left to linger in somebody's collection, causing misunderstandings when people assume the draft PDF and printed book are identical.

In quick summary: It's the ODE rulebook, revised for any errata. What has me excited is that it includes (in some cases revised) rules for the other types of Specialist Infantry [Heavy Weapon Teams, Heavy Weapon Marines, Combat Engineers, etc], Vulcans, Ninjas, LADs, Mine detectors, and Engineering Tasks (revetments, etc), the stuff that was released as rules supplements to ODE.

I was sad to see they pulled some of the basic scenarios out [2 Mk.IIIs attacking, and the 'Ogre Defending' scenario] when comparing to the 6E book, but I figure they're getting moved to the quick-reference scenario sheet instead, since they were minor variations on the other two.
__________________
Andy Mull
Agent #0460
Lancaster, PA

Last edited by TheAmishStig; 02-23-2018 at 09:16 AM.
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #4
Steve Jackson
President and EIC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

I have no objection to making this available early, but please let's wait until the corrected version can be posted. Drew, does that work for you?
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #5
Misplaced Buckeye
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
Thankfully it's a link instead of a download, but I don't know if sharing that link would go against the forum's copyright rules. If someone official says it's ok, I'd be happy to post it. I figure they made it backers-only just so that any issues found before print aren't left to linger in somebody's collection, causing misunderstandings when people assume the draft PDF and printed book are identical.

In quick summary: It's the ODE rulebook, revised for any errata. What has me excited is that it includes (in some cases revised) rules for the other types of Specialist Infantry [Heavy Weapon Teams, Heavy Weapon Marines, Combat Engineers, etc], Vulcans, Ninjas, LADs, Mine detectors, and Engineering Tasks (revetments, etc), the stuff that was released as rules supplements to ODE.

I was sad to see they pulled some of the basic scenarios out [2 Mk.IIIs attacking, and the 'Ogre Defending' scenario] when comparing to the 6E book, but I figure they're getting moved to the quick-reference scenario sheet instead, since they were minor variations on the other two.
I'm hoping to apply some of the newer items this weekend for the con. Will try to post on Sunday.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #6
wolf90
Ogre Line Editor
 
wolf90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
I have no objection to making this available early, but please let's wait until the corrected version can be posted. Drew, does that work for you?
Absolutely.

We're wrapping things up on this soon. Please be patient. Thanks!

D.
__________________
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you!

Orders may be placed here: http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/sponsored-counters/ including adding the Strategic & Tactical Objectives sheet to your order!
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
wolf90
Ogre Line Editor
 
wolf90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
I was sad to see they pulled some of the basic scenarios out [2 Mk.IIIs attacking, and the 'Ogre Defending' scenario] when comparing to the 6E book, but I figure they're getting moved to the quick-reference scenario sheet instead, since they were minor variations on the other two.
Those scenarios were not in the Ogre Designer's Edition rulebook, off which this set of rules is based; rather, they are found in the ODE Scenario Book. We pulled those into Ogre Sixth Edition to add some more variety, but ultimately they don't belong in the rulebook proper.

D.
__________________
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you!

Orders may be placed here: http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/sponsored-counters/ including adding the Strategic & Tactical Objectives sheet to your order!
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #8
TheAmishStig
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lancaster, PA
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Those scenarios were not in the Ogre Designer's Edition rulebook, off which this set of rules is based; rather, they are found in the ODE Scenario Book. We pulled those into Ogre Sixth Edition to add some more variety, but ultimately they don't belong in the rulebook proper.

D.
That would do it. I was comparing against the 6E book, not the ODE book.

Either way, it looks nice...I'm excited to have a rulebook [a real, physical rulebook] that combines the full ODE ruleset, any errata folded in while making 6E, any errata to 6E, and the supplementary / post-ODE special unit rules all in one place.
__________________
Andy Mull
Agent #0460
Lancaster, PA
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:15 PM   #9
Leonidas
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Milan, Italy
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

I did not back the mini set 2 (shame on me) because as I wanted to test the look and feel of the minies on the board first, and as of today, mini set 1 which I backed has not arrived at my factory state....ehm house. I will buy at regular warehouse’s site later if available.

My question is this: will I ever be able to get the revised rule book as a non backer?

Many thanks
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #10
wolf90
Ogre Line Editor
 
wolf90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: Battle Box Rulebook pdf from Ogre Miniatures set 2 kickstarter

Absolutely.

As mentioned, we will be putting up a pdf of it at some point in the near future. Plus we will be releasing the Battle Box set with Ogre Miniatures Set 2 that includes the book. Finally, it will be in the Battlefields release, with a Kickstarter coming later this year.

So, no worries! You will have multiple ways of getting it!

D.
__________________
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you!

Orders may be placed here: http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/sponsored-counters/ including adding the Strategic & Tactical Objectives sheet to your order!
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.